• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I am the only one who is more excited about the console OS? I mean, I am already sold on several games...Nintendoland, Pikmin, Zombi U, NSMBU, even FIFA looks nice. I get now how I am going to interact with the games trough the controller but that Miiverse stuff seems like it could be the next big thing. When the 3DS was announced Street Pass didn't catch that much of my attention and now is my favorite feature, this time I am hyped just to know more about those online interactions.

I'm not sold on the games besides NSMB U, but the OS is intriguing indeed. I really hope we get all the details pertaining to online accounts, transfers from the Wii, the digital library and purchasing options.

Cartman86

Banned
I am the only one who is more excited about the console OS? I mean, I am already sold on several games...Nintendoland, Pikmin, Zombi U, NSMBU, even FIFA looks nice. I get now how I am going to interact with the games trough the controller but that Miiverse stuff seems like it could be the next big thing. When the 3DS was announced Street Pass didn't catch that much of my attention and now is my favorite feature, this time I am hyped just to know more about those online interactions.

Pretty much this entire next generation for me is about this. The biggest advancement in my mind for the current gen was what that Microsoft did. Achievements, video streaming, game store, custom soundtracks, parties, cross game inviting etc. Really smart guys who worked on that stuff. I'm hoping we see a similar level of advancement this gen with features like app multitasking/suspension, auto-updating, full cloud support and just a smart allocation of RAM for that stuff.

Taking my time writing this paper for a morning class. Staying up past 3am when you have a 8am class isn't crazy as long as you're getting work done right.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Hey guys! Don't forget to check out our live Stream on Twitch TV at 10 am EST for our live coverage of the Wii U Conference. Send us any questions to StreetPassNYC@gmail.com, on Facebook and Twitter while you enjoy the stream! We will be picking the best submitted questions, which will be answered by Jordan White himself!

who's jordan white? an NOA employee celeb that is unknown in the public eye?

Tim-E

I love NDs dearly, but I have to wake up at 5 AM to get ready for work & get my daughter ready for daycare, so I'm going to choose sleep. My productivity is going to be abysmal, though :p

Kunan

iCiaGBmpf4rWP.png
So ready lmao. Can't believe there's a ND before the event!

Kunan

I haven't read anything about this upcoming event. So, with only a few hours left, should I get hyped?
"NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Sep. 13th at 4 pm in Japan, covering launch details for the Wii U, including the release date, price, and information on the system itself."

Yes!

So the flow is this. 1st Nintendo of Japan Direct, announce launch details. Nintendo of America/Europe/2nd Nintendo of-Japan Direct, announce same thing but NOA will have live press event and all 3 this time will include 1st/3rd party software. Is this right?

Oersted

So the flow is this. 1st Nintendo of Japan Direct, announce launch details. Nintendo of America/Europe/2nd Nintendo of-Japan Direct, announce same thing but NOA will have live press event and all 3 this time will include 1st/3rd party software. Is this right?

yes.

sazzy

Loving the fact that the Japan Direct is at 5pm Sydney time, and the rest at midnight.

PERFECT TIMING!

WOOHOOO

Oersted

Ok, so am I hearing this correctly:

Theres a Japan event at 12AM PST (like 3 hours) that will have launch details?

Wii U Launch Presentation, 4PM: Announcement of release date, price, and information about the system itself.

Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview, 11PM: Information relating to 1st and 3rd Party software. Lined up with the European & American (and Australian!) ND/Conferences.

Onesimos

Do we know how long the Japanese Nintendo Direct is going be?
What have been the average time of the Nintendo Direct broadcasts? The last broadcast, excluding the special ones like for Brain Training, was around 40-45 minutes.

Anyway, I am quite surprised that Nintendo will have a second broadcast for the Japanese market hours after the first one on 12 a.m. PDT. The fact that there will be a second broadcast shows that Nintendo may be taking the Wii U really seriously unlike previous events (e.g. E3 2012).

Top Bottom