• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

It's cool that the whole body is one color, but I wonder if it'll affect the 3D. Didn't Nintendo used to claim that the border around the screen was black to make the 3D affect more effective? Something about the contrast from the black or something? I can't remember the specifics.

Alex

I'm going to buy it day one, but it ain't cool lookin'.

nintendo-dsi-xl.jpg

This shit is cool lookin'

Setre

I'll buy it but still no dual analog nubs? Wonder what the Circle Pad Pro for this thing is going to look like.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
well I am gonna, buy that Battery pack/CPP add-on thing, save my self monies I guess, will wait for the 3DSi LL with dual sticks, you know! for the kids

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I wonder what kind of profit margins, if any, they have on this one. I'd expect them to try to recoup what the 3DS price-drop caused.

(They can't be taking losses on the original still, can they?)

Derrick01

Banned
You know I wanted a redesign but now I don't know if I should bother. That price, no 2nd stick, no charger (how the FUCK am I supposed to recharge?). Think I'll pass and go for the likely reduced in price regular 3ds.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what the fuck, no AC cable? How are you supposed to charge it? AA batteries? :lol

zeioIIDX

WTF!!!!! I just popped into the stream and saw Professor Layton playing on a bootleg-looking 3DS only to come to NEOgaf and realize there was a 3DS revision >_>

Wonder if they should have done this instead:

3dsll02.png

Thats the 3DS2 man! I haven't had much problems with no second analogue personally; but understand why some want them, I just worry then the alt controls would be under-done.

Nintendo seems to really like gyro; which gives a good intro for WiiU players (if its a big thing) whilst WiiU is differentiated well by no second analogue.

3DS2 should come out sooner than DS to 3DS though.
a) Nintendo want to launch their handheld earlier in their console life cycle from now on (prevent losses/deal with issues - backed up by console sales)
b) It'll be more of a 'bump' in graphics+second control stick - so not a huge leap, might as well make it a 'step up'.

I just think theres room for more non-2-analogue controlled games on the 3DS. I buy it for experiences I don't get on the main consoles. 2 analogues is something I personally don't want yet; not just yet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's a revision why would they add the second stick? The second stick add-on for the original3DS is only in Gamestop in NA right? Wouldn't that fuck a bunch of people/retailers over?

edit- also yuck those colors
OuAds.jpg

Top Bottom