• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

smr00

Banned
can't believe they pulled this shit.. waited till e3 was over to make sure if this was going to be real or not, went out and spent hundreds and hundreds on a ton of retail games, purple 3DS and e-shop games.

and since nintendo is retarded about linking your purchases to your account i can't return this 3DS, have to keep it till XL comes out, transfer, then sell it :(

Day 1 buy, still pissed they pulled this shit.. you know they purposely left this out for people waiting to see if the XL rumors were true before pulling the trigger.

16bit_yes.gif

Will be mine! :D

Biiiiiiiiiiiig screen! :D

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
LOL@no adapter

Either way, will buy, I was waiting on the bigger screens :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm pretty lukewarm on this. Battery life on my launch unit is fine, and bigger screens don't make much of a difference to me (I don't own anything with a big screen). I would consider upgrading if something were to happen to my current 3DS, but the upgrade doesn't seem worth the hassle to me right now.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
they will wind up including the charger somewhere, i'm sure. it'll be there in america, at least.

i think they need to drop the 3ds to $150 in the states and have the 3ds xl drop in at $180 (with a charger jesus christ) when nsmb2 launches if they want the machine to have a chance at a future.
How would you react if they included an USB charging cable instead?

really quite a shame about the resolution...
Have they learned nothing from Apple?

I expect the 3D viewing angle will be much improved, at least.

Seriously, Nintendo, why you didn't included a second analog stick? Why? For "production cost" lame excuse again? Fuck off, honestly. I was expecting the announcement for a 3DS revision with a second analog. I'm very frustrated right now.

Einhander

This is priceless. I remember reading posts by some people saying Nintendo ain't releasing a revision this year. Miyamoto fooled us.

I'm going to get this when it comes to North America.

legacyzero

Banned
Now THAT is a 3DS I can buy.

That small ass screen on the first one was the main barrier to me.

Why couldn't they bring this shit to E3??

Amir0x

Banned
No ac adapter, no second stick, same res screen is this about the bare min they could do to call it a revision.

It's the NINTENDO WAY™.

Actually, if you want to transfer all your stuff to this new 3DS, you might need to hold on to your old 3DS until you do a complete system transfer via System menu.

never thought about that... argh. Can't wait til Nintendo joins the modern online infrastructure game >_<

Seik

Banned
Though they should make a real upgrade by making it region free.

EDIT: 199$? LOL I'll bite even more. XD

Hero

they will wind up including the charger somewhere, i'm sure. it'll be there in america, at least.

i think they need to drop the 3ds to $150 in the states and have the 3ds xl drop in at $180 (with a charger jesus christ) when nsmb2 launches if they want the machine to have a chance at a future.

That's what they did when the DSi came out right? Lite dropped in price and DSi debuted at the old price?

Your KH 3DS is still cool.

No AC-adapter?

"Nintendo, now you're playing with
NO
power!"

Is this marketed for double dippers and DS owners or something?

The only redeemable thing for me in this revision is the battery life, as with all handheld revisions.

Can't wait to compare this to Vita's size, I need to buy myself some big pants to fit it all.

Lack of a second stick is still an amazingly laughable omission. Imagine the frankenstick on this thing. Seems to me Nintendo doesn't bother anymore with it, except for Monster Hunter. I really hoped they would do it, but I guess they won't.

All in all not really impressed like other people in this thread....yet.

Playing DS games on the 3DSLL in 1:1 mode will let you play games larger than a normal 3DS, and crisply.

Oooo, that's actually a really good point.

I hope it fixes the color issue I've had with DS games. In addition to the stretched out graphics, I found that some games had really washed out colors compared to playing them on my DS Lite.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They didn't show this at E3 why? Along with the Smash news confusing as hell.

Top Bottom