• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

Mistle

from Choc over in the other thread

iveJZ.jpg

Apart from white, they're all black on the inside also

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
No AC adapter I am fine with, assuming I can use my DSiXL adapter.

No pink though? The fuck is this, Nintendo.

It looks better than the regular 3DS for sure. Disappointed there's still only one stick and it's still a very square design. Will probably pick it up at $100 like the XL.

also, the start/home/select buttons should have been moved. It's quite a stretch now.

In order to keep the cost down, they won't be including an AC adapter. You'll have to buy it separately, but you can also use your adapter from your other Nintendo hardware.
What the fuck? Is this a niche product? This is going to fail, if true.

Two thoughts:

1. Nintendo needs to combine their portable and console sectors already. The 3DS XL looks just like the fucking GamePad.

2. I wonder how one-hand balancing the system will be for Kid Icarus.

Somnid

As I recall I had to pay extra for the charger when I bought a phone in Japan, didn't come with one.

Japanese bullshit.

AniHawk

they will wind up including the charger somewhere, i'm sure. it'll be there in america, at least.

i think they need to drop the 3ds to $150 in the states and have the 3ds xl drop in at $180 (with a charger jesus christ) when nsmb2 launches if they want the machine to have a chance at a future.

Rich!

The 3D effect should be much much better on this than the original, due to the bigger size. Can't wait to try it out.

Also, that D-Pad looks great. Much improved. US/EU dates for launch will probably be announced within the hour at their respective streams.

- Eh...I've never had a problem with battery life on my 3DS.

-Never cared about a second analog stick on 3DS.

-Don't have any issues with size or comfort on 3DS.

-This new 3DS is ugly anyway.

Oh well. Still sold.

Derrick01

Banned
Despite my disappointment that there's no 2nd stick, I was going to buy a 3ds later this year anyway so I'm in on this one. That screen is huge.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's really not too pretty but I understand what they are going for with it. It fits in with the Wii-U game tablet.

And since it has a better battery life I will finally get a 3DS. The screen being huge is a bonus.

If this comes to the US without an AC adapter, I'm gonna hold it out for a third revision. The LL looks just alright but that's just plain dumb. =/

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ugh, I need to see how DS games would play on this thing. If it's any worse I'll be buying a used DS XL.

AGITΩ

This + Wii U this year...I already have a Launch 3DS...but they Showed a Black and Red one...if launched in the US with it then I will be broke.

Zoe

Wait, what?

No adapter?

That's... weird to say the least.

Must be a Japanese thing. When we bought a prepaid cellphone there a few years ago, we had to buy a charger after the fact (didn't even notice there was!'t one until a couple days later).

Top Bottom