• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

Forever

Banned
And no one thought that Nintendo would ever reveal hardware in one of these.

Also, I think some people here have active bets over the second stick. Juicy.

Also, Miyamoto lied through his teeth.

Croc

Banned
Huh it looks like they took some cues on people's complaints (rounded corners, actual buttons for the start/select/home) but I don't really like the look of it at all. Much prefer the 3 tiered look.

That thing looks like it's from 1999. Ugly as sin.

Also, no 2nd analog? Is there anything different about it other than size/look?

Edit: And battery.

Kazerei

Banned
  • Larger screens
  • Better battery life
  • No AC adapter included
  • July 28 for 18,900 yen

Edit: oh god, I forgot to close the list tag

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Trading mine for this. Disappointed about the lack of 2nd stick, will there be a new circle pro as well?

hm, was hoping for a second integrated analog stick. Bigger sized handhelds don't really do it for me... portability is what I'm looking for. Does it have any other benefits or just size? Battery life improvement maybe? Brightness, screen quality?
Acceptable battery life, now.

hm, was hoping for a second integrated analog stick. Bigger sized handhelds don't really do it for me... portability is what I'm looking for. Does it have any other benefits or just size? Battery life improvement maybe? Brightness, screen quality?

6-10 hours battery life.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Andriasang:

Also, they're increasing the size of the Memory Card to 4 gigabyte.

In order to keep the cost down, they won't be including an AC adapter. You'll have to buy it separately, but you can also use your adapter from your other Nintendo hardware.

This confirms that its never gunna happen right?

No, it just confirms that Nintendo won't do it anytime soon. I could see them doing it near the end of this handheld generation if they sort out any problems with adding a second stick to the 3DS.

I think the problem is that ultimately they'll have to somehow figure out a way to not make current Circle Pad Pro games incompatible with a 3DS with an added second analog stick.

question now is can i transfer my stuff system data from one 3DS to this.. i hope there's an answer already

Yes, you can do that already. The ability was added last year in the Settings section.

NateDrake

Guess we'll hear about this during the Nintendo of America 'Nintendo Direct'. Wonder how close the release will be to the Japan one.

Top Bottom