• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

def sim

The design looks worse. More rounded edges and no more black border around main screen is a step back aesthetically.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
damn you nintendo.

i'll probably buy it :/

Salsa

wait so

other nintendo hardware means I can use my DSi XL charger? no biggie then

thanks for title change btw

Amir0x

Banned
The no AC adapter thing won't fly in the US.

VideoMan said:
In order to keep the cost down, they won't be including an AC adapter. You'll have to buy it separately, but you can also use your adapter from your other Nintendo hardware.

Really? How cheap can Nintendo be? It's not important to me, but PRICE prohibiting an AC adapter? Never seen a clearer example of their obsessive, anti-consumer frugality than this. Well, Sony definitely did its best to match it with the Vita memory card bundle shenanigans. These companies are really something these days

Pretty much in line with what I've been expecting.

6-10 battery is great. They should market the shit out of that as its a big win over the non-dedicated market (e.g. my new fancy name for phones)

Might get the fat one, but I actually don't like the design lol! Might wait to hear of any changes to the speakers, they look different which makes me hopeful their pretty good, which will win me around.

Of course there was no second stick. They aren't going to splinter their install base. Sony got shit for years and didn't do it on the PSP for a that reason.

AniHawk

Really? How cheap can Nintendo be? It's not important to me, but PRICE prohibiting an AC adapter? Never seen a clearer example of their obsessive, anti-consumer frugality than this. Well, Sony definitely did its best to match it with the Vita memory card bundle shenanigans. These companies are really something these days

why did you repost this on this page

Since there's no second circle pad

I guess they'll have to release a Circle Pad Pro LL

Seems like they could have easily fit one with the added size. Regardless it's an improvement, especially the huge screen. It'll only increase the immersion factor in 3D.

Top Bottom