• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2009 (VC / WiiWare / DSiWare)

Thanks, Netto-kun. Had a bit of bad news today so haven't had chance to update properly, but I'll get your info - plus all the rest I've got built up - in there ASAP.

sfog

nincompoop said:
No Nintendo Channel update this week?

It'll probably be on tomorrow or Wednesday to account for potential E3 showings/announcements. That's my guess anyway.

Teknoman

Mighty Flip Champs is awesome. Dont see how the main character is supposed to represent Bozon's Grandma though...then again, Wayforward always knew how to design desent female characters.

Added your bits into the OP, Netto-kun - cheers.

I'm sure I've missed some announcements for the services over the past week or so - can anyone help bring me up to date before any new announcements out of E3?

Either I've missed some functionality or Mighty Flip Champs seems to get tough right quick. I'm finding it really hard to work out a strategy for movement when there are 6 screens to flip through and I can only see two of them.

Annnnd once again VC/WW get no E3 love from Nintendo.

In other randomness, I finally beat Strongbad Ep 4 (Dangeresque) with 100% this weekend after downloading it in late March (shortly after the SD update). Great little point 'n click game and well worth the $10. Any recommendations on which one I should get next over Trogdor/8-bit is enough?

Nintendo Channel now has high quality E3 trailers up including Galaxy 2, Metroid: OM, NSMB Wii and S&P 2. They may have also finally beefed up the server because all four videos streamed perfectly without a hiccup which is a first for me.

Agent Unknown said:
Nintendo Channel now has high quality E3 trailers up including Galaxy 2, Metroid: OM, NSMB Wii and S&P 2. They may have also finally beefed up the server because all four videos streamed perfectly without a hiccup which is a first for me.
Gahh this update took so long for me to watch through. I probably should have skipped some of the videos besides the conference videos. Some comments by my parents:
Super Mario Galaxy: "So what's new about it?"
Style Savvy: <sarcastic ribbing>
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles: "Ew! Ew!"
The guy in EA Tennis: "I wonder if they included his poor sportsmanship."
Need for Speed Nitro: "Wait, so is it like de Blob?"
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: "Mickey!"

Capndrake

EU update:

WiiWare: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
DSiWare: Art Style: KUBOS (Japanese name was nalaku), Animal Crossing Clock, Animal Crossing Calculator

Ugh, now it seems like we're getting 1 VC game every 2 weeks :\

panda21

Capndrake said:
EU update:

WiiWare: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
DSiWare: Art Style: KUBOS, Animal Crossing Clock, Animal Crossing Calculator

Ugh, now it seems like we're getting 1 VC game every 2 weeks :\

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

more art style? with these dsiware you are spoiling us ambassador!

cooljeanius said:
Gahh this update took so long for me to watch through. I probably should have skipped some of the videos besides the conference videos. Some comments by my parents:
Super Mario Galaxy: "So what's new about it?"
Style Savvy: <sarcastic ribbing>
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles: "Ew! Ew!"
The guy in EA Tennis: "I wonder if they included his poor sportsmanship."
Need for Speed Nitro: "Wait, so is it like de Blob?"
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: "Mickey!"

You need new parents. Do they know MST3K? If so, their "riffing" of the trailers was pathetically weaksauce.

edit: And why on earth did they link de Blob with Need For Speed?

So who's getting Mario VS DK Level Editor this monday? Anyone wanna trade levels?

I am. Liked the editor alot in MVSDK2 and looking at the pr screens it looks like they added quite a few new options for the editor. (Thought it was just a express title. Would've gotten it anyway since then I could've had it on my system)

Not that many new stuff but still saw stuff like spinies, new kinda elavator switch, bit different looking Pirana Plant and a couple new backgrounds I think...

Also look like it does have some kinda story mode to.

Can't wait. I hope others will get it. Wanna share levels. Oh and looking at the pr DSiWare release dates Flipnot Studio was the only game that said "Summer 09" the others said "TBA" I think so Flipnote must be coming really soon. Hopefully this monday or by the end of the month :D

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I would love if you guys listed the new DS demos available each week in the Nintendo Channel for EU/US for those of us who don't have their Wii always connected to the net

Somnid

Here's all the titles listed in Nintendo's official release calendar:

WiiWare:
BIT.TRIP CORE (Aksys, Summer 2009)
And Yet it Moves (Broken Rules, Fall 2009)
UNO (Gameloft, Summer 2009)
Military Madness: Nectaris (Hudson, Summer 2009)
Cave Story (Nicalis, Summer 2009)
Night Game (Nicalis, Fall 2009)
You, Me and the Cubes (Nintendo, Summer 2009)
PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (Nintendo Summer 2009)
Icarian: Kindred Spirits (Over the Top Games, Summer 2009)
Swords & Soldiers (Ronmio Games, Summer 2009)
Let's Catch (Sega, Summer 2009)
Super Meat Boy (Team Meat, Q1 2010)
Tales of Monkey Island (Telltale, Q3-Q4 2009)

DSi:
Uno (Gameloft, Summer 2009)
Sudoku Master (Hudson, June 2009)
Sudoku Student (Hudson, June 2009)
Prehistorik Man (Interplay, Summer 2009)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (Nintendo, June 8 2009)
Flipnote Studio (Nintendo, Summer 2009)
Crash-Course Domo (Nintendo, TBD)
Hard-Hat Domo (Nintendo, TBD)
Mario Calculator (Nintendo, TBD)
Mario Clock (Nintendo, TBD)
Pro-Putt Domo (Nintendo, TBD)
Rock-n-Roll Domo (Nintendo, TBD)
Six in One Translator (Working Title) (Nintendo, TBD)
White-Water Domo (Nintendo, TBD)

Yes Boss!

SimEarth is now listed at the Hudson USA site.

http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html

2037717.jpg

Somnid said:

WiiWare:
BIT.TRIP CORE (Aksys, Summer 2009)
And Yet it Moves (Broken Rules, Fall 2009)
UNO (Gameloft, Summer 2009)
Military Madness: Nectaris (Hudson, Summer 2009)
Cave Story (Nicalis, Summer 2009)
Night Game (Nicalis, Fall 2009)
You, Me and the Cubes (Nintendo, Summer 2009)
PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (Nintendo Summer 2009)
Icarian: Kindred Spirits (Over the Top Games, Summer 2009)
Swords & Soldiers (Ronmio Games, Summer 2009)
Let's Catch (Sega, Summer 2009)
Super Meat Boy (Team Meat, Q1 2010)

Argh. No Contra Rebirth?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A Link to the Snitch said:
Mighty Flip Champs, if it fails, will likely fail because there was no media coverage AT ALL because of E3.

Which is terrible because it is a phenomenal game.

Somnid

DSiWare For Japan:
Tantei Jinguuji Saburo: Tsubaki no Yukue & Nazo no Jikenbo (Arc System Works, 6/10/2009, 500points)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Somnid said:

WiiWare:

DSi:
Prehistorik Man (Interplay, Summer 2009)
holy fuck!

i can't believe this. monkey island on wiiware and prehistorik on the dsiware?!

i gotta tell my wife about the latter - her all-time favorite game is coming to her all-time favorite platform. i think we might need a second dsi in the house if i ever want to finish that chinatown wars.

ps: prehistorik is one of the finest platformers known to mankind. i hope they don't dumb down the difficulty, though - game was not exactly easy.

Contra Hard Corps arrived and man it is sweeeeet. It's pretty tough certainly but nothing that requires a ton of memorization and whathaveyou.

Shame it'll never hit the VC.

Hopefully Contra Rebirth hits wiiware eventually. =/

Agent Unknown said:
You need new parents. Do they know MST3K? If so, their "riffing" of the trailers was pathetically weaksauce.

edit: And why on earth did they link de Blob with Need For Speed?
They thought Need for Speed looked like de Blob because in the trailers, the buildings and roads were changing different colors as the car was driving by them. I could kinda see the connection, but I didn't think the trailer was showing actual gameplay. And I dunno, as for the ribbing, I would make fun of myself, too, if I saw myself watching a trailer for Style Savvy. And no, we do not know MST3K.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Contra Hard Corps arrived and man it is sweeeeet. It's pretty tough certainly but nothing that requires a ton of memorization and whathaveyou.

Shame it'll never hit the VC.

Hopefully Contra Rebirth hits wiiware eventually. =/

Why won't it ever hit VC? I love that game, it and Castlevania Bloodlines and Rocket Knight are the 3 Konami Genesis games I really want.

BooJoh

Plinko said:
Which is terrible because it is a phenomenal game.
Not only that, but it's the game WayForward is testing the DSiWare water with. If MFC doesn't perform well, we might not see any more WayForward stuff on DSiWare, including the new Shantae they want to make.

Seriously, if anyone hasn't gotten MFC yet, it's well worth your 8 bucks. Easily the best thing on DSiWare yet imo.

sfog

ESRB updates:

Fantasy Zone II

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Mild Cartoon Violence

Rating summary: "This is an arcade-style shooter in which players control a small spacecraft through a variety of brightly-colored, whimsical levels. Players shoot tiny laser beams at an assortment of bouncing blobs, flying snowmen, and space creatures that dispense coins when defeated. Players can use the coins to buy a variety of power-ups (e.g., bombs, wide beams, and jet engines) to upgrade their ship."

The Revenge of Shinobi

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone 10+

Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence

Rating summary: "This is an arcade-style action game in which players control a ninja who fights to exact revenge on members of a criminal organization. Players traverse through various platform environments (e.g., Japanese forests, an airship, and urban landscapes) and mostly throw shurikens (i.e., ninja stars) at enemies, resulting in a flashing red burst. Players can also attack enemies and bosses by slashing them with a katana sword or performing special moves (i.e., ninja magic). Some enemies can fire machineguns or use flamethrowers to defeat the player. "

Ashodin

Crazyorloco said:
POKEMON Scramble looks really fun. Lots of action in it. Japan is so lucky.

Pika pika!
Pokemon Musou!!!

Looks FUCK awesome! I want to take down pokemon en masse with my favorite ones! :D

Top Bottom