• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2011

jluedtke said:
I'm not sure why I bother checking this thread. Nothing but a bunch of shit releases every week.
GB games have been the sole savior of the eShop, though they've been hit and miss recently.

Screw GBA, where are my "summer" Game Gear games? TG16? How about a 2nd GBC game?

GameE

mclem said:
My hunch says Christmas.

Although that said, I hope it's not because I'm likely to be at my parents' and on crappy metred satellite internet at that point.

Sucks if it will be that late but im grateful we'll get them at all. Im dying to play the old Mario Kart and Metroid Fusion again and I wonder what the other games will be.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Next week in...

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | Virtual Console

It's worth noting that the VC release of SSFII is online-enabled.

Brazil said:
Yup. Strider is getting the same treatment later this month.
Strider isn't online. It's just getting released.

The only online VC games so far are Puyo Puyo (VCA), Puyo Puyo Tsuu (VCA) and Super Street Fighter II (MD). All from M2.

Hey, maybe they delay in the GG VC games is to implement online multiplayer? :3

Brazil

lunchwithyuzo said:
Strider isn't online. It's just getting released.

The only online VC games so far are Puyo Puyo (VCA), Puyo Puyo Tsuu (VCA) and Super Street Fighter II (MD). All from M2.

Hey, maybe they delay in the GG VC games is to implement online multiplayer? :3
You're right. It just shows how much I know about Strider.

BooJoh

I'm guessing the GBA games will hit on December 22nd or 29th. By then everyone's gotten their Christmas shopping done, so the free games won't eat into sales of retail titles. Plus it fits into Nintendo's history of doing things at the very last minute.

BooJoh said:
I'm guessing the GBA games will hit on December 22nd or 29th. By then everyone's gotten their Christmas shopping done, so the free games won't eat into sales of retail titles. Plus it fits into Nintendo's history of doing things at the very last minute.

what about a delay? Didn't the "May update" get pushed back to June earlier this year?

Weren't they supposed to expound on the new eShop today or something? Or was that stuff they talked about the other day it?

zigg

Sinthetic said:
I'm looking forward to Freaky Forms next week. It looks weird and fun.

I don't think I have time for it now, but I did watch the video and wishlisted it. It looks pretty cool. I haven't paid a lot of attention, though--is there a goal of making a creature that will make it through the level?

It looks like a Escape Trick game for 3DSWare is coming on the 17th!

Source: Wii Nintendo Channel (in US)

Cool been wanting a new Escape type game.

Anywayz: With Solomon's Key being the first Wii VC game that I bought that I never played I had to get Pyramids and its awsome. Really fun game.

Don't think I'll get Freakyforms. If you could create levels sure but just creatures? i dunno...I need to see more videos first.

Glad to see more 3DSWare. This means its been 3 weeks in a row with 3DSWare!

Wonder when they'll release GBA games...since they have not released them yet I'll assume they are gonna release them all at once. Dunno why I thought otherwise...

zigg

WiiRevolution1 said:
It looks like a Escape Trick game for 3DSWare is coming on the 17th!
Eh? I thought it was DSiWare. Either way, the past two Escape Trick games have been critical duds, and IIRC, one of them shocked me by only having two stars on the eShop.

WiiRevolution1 said:
Don't think I'll get Freakyforms. If you could create levels sure but just creatures? i dunno...I need to see more videos first.
I think there's more to it. How much, I'm not sure. If anyone's seen a preview, that'd be very useful...

Sinthetic

zigg said:
I don't think I have time for it now, but I did watch the video and wishlisted it. It looks pretty cool. I haven't paid a lot of attention, though--is there a goal of making a creature that will make it through the level?

I'm not entirely sure mate, I can send you a video of roughly 2 minutes of action if you like. It just appeals to my weird nature.

Roto13

WiiRevolution1 said:
Wonder when they'll release GBA games...since they have not released them yet I'll assume they are gonna release them all at once. Dunno why I thought otherwise...
Well, they released the NES games all at once. It stands to reason the GBA game will come all at once too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Why didn't anybody tell me about Rytmik Retrobits?!!

zigg

blu said:
For the same reason I haven't had time to check out any of the Rytmiks :(

Sinthetic said:
I'm not entirely sure mate, I can send you a video of roughly 2 minutes of action if you like. It just appeals to my weird nature.
Sure!

wsippel

Banned
blu said:
You didn't ask? But yeah, Rytmik is pretty awesome. Hope they'll do a 3DS version with more channels, effects, import/ export via SD and maybe even OSC support.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
zigg said:
For the same reason I haven't had time to check out any of the Rytmiks :(
This tracker is soo bought when I get to my XL tomorrow. I'm even tempted to get it right now on the 3ds but I know it will be hating myself later. Check out the sample tunes on the official site.

wsippel said:
You didn't ask? But yeah, Rytmik is pretty awesome. Hope they'll do a 3DS version with more channels, effects, import/ export via SD and maybe even OSC support.
Holy munchkins! I had to stumble upon this awesome stuff by accidentally clicking on one of the promotional videos on the DE store. And by some cosmic luck I had my headphones on! Aaargh!

zigg

artwalknoon said:
That article is kinda funny. Also I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the game does use 3d even though the gameplay is 2d so not "strictly 2d". Maybe writer was playing an early build.

Yeah, the eShop version of the trailer shows some simple layering going on, so that's probably the case.

zigg

zigg said:
Eh? I thought it was DSiWare. Either way, the past two Escape Trick games have been critical duds, and IIRC, one of them shocked me by only having two stars on the eShop.

FWIW, I must have recalled incorrectly. I checked and it was actually three stars. Still surprised me, since the eShop ratings are almost always way high.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I think the recent NOA/NOE press releases listed it as early 2012, but I don't really remember.

The previous Capcom 3DS VC games both took a few months to be released internationally, but NOE did schedule Bionic Commando for a release this year, so hopefully it drops soon.

Cave Story DSiWare has been dated for Japan - November 22. Published by Asterizm (the same dudes who published La-Mulana WiiWare), 1000 Points. Still no word on a PAL release. Nicalis is fucking hopeless.

Oni Link 666 said:
That Samurai game, Nimble Sakura Warrior, is coming next week in Japan - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jllj/index.html

also, black and white Bionic Commando - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/vc/rbdj/index.html

It seems, looking over the site, that the Nimble Sakura Warrior game will have three bosses, of which we have seen one. Hopefully the game is not too short. I think it could be a delightful game to play if it comes stateside.

Oh and I'm totally getting FreakyForms just to make random creatures. One thing I have to commend is how Nintendo is dealing with QR Code sharing to somewhat circumvent online issues.

Celine

TheUnknownForce said:
It seems, looking over the site, that the Nimble Sakura Warrior game will have three bosses, of which we have seen one. Hopefully the game is not too short. I think it could be a delightful game to play if it comes stateside.
I'm with you.

BTW is Space Ace any good on DSiware?
Price is a bit high.

Brazil

Upcoming...

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Cave Story (Nicalis | 1000 Points | ¥1000) Upcoming (11/22)

@MUWANdo said:
I think the recent NOA/NOE press releases listed it as early 2012, but I don't really remember.

The previous Capcom 3DS VC games both took a few months to be released internationally, but NOE did schedule Bionic Commando for a release this year, so hopefully it drops soon.

Cave Story DSiWare has been dated for Japan - November 22. Published by Asterizm (the same dudes who published La-Mulana WiiWare), 1000 Points. Still no word on a PAL release. Nicalis is fucking hopeless.

Holy crap! Cave Story is finally getting re-released in its home country! (no thanks to Nicalis). Here's hoping that the Wii Ware version makes it over too.

Still waiting on that EU release BTW...

Brazil

Also...

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software

Wii | WiiWare

• Step Up (GolemLabs / Zoozen | 800 Points) Upcoming (11/10)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Balloon Kid's on 3DS VC? Great game, highly recommended!

EvilMario said:
Speaking of Bomberman Hero, I notice the Wikipedia entry has Bomberman 64 as 'released' on Virtual Console. I checked all regions, and didn't see it on the Wiki list for games. Did it somehow release when I wasn't looking?
I can't understand why they have released Bomberman Hero, and not the superior Bomberman 64... it is annoying.

RelentlessRolento said:
Is GB Bionic Commando any good? Been years since I played it
The GB and GBC Bionic Commando games are both outstanding, yes.

@MUWANdo

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
Is GB Bionic Commando any good? Been years since I played it

It's relatively faithful to the NES game - most of the levels are the same, but they got rid of the overhead stages and replaced 'em with more sidescrolling sections. They also redid all the graphics in a more sci-fi anime style for no reason, which you may or may not appreciate. Same tunes, new arrangements. It's a much better handheld game than, say, most of the Mega Man GB games, or the Castlevania games, or whatever.

Celine said:
BTW is Space Ace any good on DSiware?
Price is a bit high.

It plays just fine, but the video footage is mad compressed.

zigg

Think I'm going to pass on Freakyforms for now, since Mario is so close. But I'll be looking forward to impressions here.

donny2112

Freaky forms looks designed for people who want to create and then see their creations play in simple games, but the enjoyment really comes from seeing their creations. That's not me. That's okay.

Looking forward to the one where you pull out the slots to progress up the stage, though. And Metroid II. Even though it was a fairly poor Metroid (still more exploration "intensive" than Other M, though. :( ), it's still a decent game and the story leads into the greatest Metroid of them all.
3D Classics Super Metroid would be so bought if/when it comes out. :D

sfog

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=31608

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - NOV. 10, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
Freakyforms™: Your Creations, Alive! – Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! makes it easy for players of any age or artistic skill level to create bizarre and bubbly creatures and bring them to life. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™
Castle Conqueror - Heroes – You were once a great soldier. By joining a leader named Veronica in a campaign to free imprisoned citizens of the Green Planet, your objective is to drive The Empire out once and for all. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

WiiWare™
Step Up! – Step Up! brings you professional trainers and specialized aerobic step workouts to help you burn all the calories you ever dreamed of burning. (For Wii™)

Also new this week:
• The Legend of Zelda Ballad of the Goddess (Nintendo Video™)
• Bloons® TD (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download2fJp0Wq3.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS system, to the Nintendo DSi Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

Also, the FAST Racing League demo has been removed from the US Wii shop, leaving us with no demos currently.

Brazil

I'm probably going to pick up Freakyforms just to have something new to play on my 3DS while I wait for Mario.

Top Bottom