• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo employee says yesterday's Smash Bros. Direct is hiding a few things

KHlover

Banned
HkE2Y0h.jpg

54787,kyuubiWCE86.png

What the hell is that on the far upper left!

Very clearly the Kyuubi from Naruto :p
Really, the very first thought I had upon seeing this image

jmizzal

I think Nintendo is coming around to these fan request for in game characters, remember when Miyamoto said that Peach wasnt playable in NSMB games due to them needing to change the physics and then she become playable in SM3DW.

Sakurai has been saying Ridley was too big for Smash Bros, I think they will come around and put him in this game since he is the most wanted character like Peach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be bummed if Jigglypuff got cut. I like having some cutesie characters.

Ninja Dom

Has this been mentioned yet?

We saw at the start of the Direct that Smash Bros is being made at BANDAI-NAMCO offices, yet we've had no Bandai-Namco characters.

This can't be right, surely. The secret is...PACMAN

Right???

Foffy

Banned

We saw at the start of the Direct that Smash Bros is being made at BANDAI-NAMCO offices, yet we've had no Bandai-Namco characters.

Right???

A secret long hidden nobody has ever entertained it after knowing who was making the game, eh? ;)

But seriously, as long as it's not some fucking Tekken character, I'm down.

Sandfox

I'm not expecting Ridley, but we've only seen a shadow so he could be a character.

Say the game experiences no delays, I assume the full rooster would be unveiled at E3 right? in time for the 3DS version?.

They usually don't announce the full roster so we'll have to wait until launch.

clemenx

Banned
I think Palutena and another Fire Emblem character are pretty solid bets.

I think Ridley was pretty explicitely showed as a stage boss... I mean, don't get how can people think otherwise but eh I'd love to be proven wrong here.

It's pretty clear that Ridley will be a boss in some form, but he could still be a character. There's plenty of versions of him, so who knows.

Not really getting my hopes up, but I would be ecstatic if that's the way it ended up.

Stolen from the internets

TWs9uxk.jpg

I could see this happening. Not so sure on Demise, but I think Ghirahim has a good chance.

Mojojo

Right???

We 've seen Galaga ships as item though and that's already very cool. Makes me want a Ridge Racer car racing across the screen knocking everyone on it's path and it screams "it's Riiidge Racer" at the same time.

Neff

We 've seen Galaga ships as item though and that's already very cool. Makes me want a Ridge Racer car racing across the screen knocking everyone on it's path and it screams "it's Riiidge Racer" at the same time.

We've got Rally-X flags showing up, too. I'm sure there'll be more.

49oy.jpg

She was confirmed an assist trophy so its not happening?

Tiki was confirmed nothing really. They confirmed her as being a trophy. Every character, item and such has a trophy as well.

That said, I highly doubt that Tiki being in that trophy quiz makes her a candidate for being playable. It seems more likely that those trophies hint at other playable characters from their respective series. But who knows.

Whoops glad I was corrected on it. I was gong off of the fi / fake palutena theory. Hopefully Tiki or Lucina can get in. We need more females =(

Anyone wonder what happened to Dixie Kong's chances? I remember a lot of people expecting her to be in.

Still the most likely Donkey Kong newcomer if there's one. No sign of her so far either. If she's not playable I can easily see her being an AT.

Midna deserves to be in the game more than Rosalina IMO.

Why so?
Midna is a supporting character in one single title of its respective series.
Rosalina is a supporting character in 2 games, then returned as one of the playable characters in the latest installment of that series, and has been making appearances both playable and supporting in the latest Mario spin-offs. She is in 8 games (including MK8). And Luma appears in the 3DS Mario Tennis (it took Rosalina's spot since the devs couldn't make a player model for her in time, they mention that in an interview).

Therefore Rosalina is already significantly more relevant to the Mario series than Midna is to the Zelda series, and it's very unlikely that Midna is ever going to return, unless they make a direct sequel to Twilight Princess (and even then it's doubtful she'd have as big a role as in TP).

Plus, Zelda has 5 characters already, and Mario had only 4. Including Midna over Rosalina would've brought us to 6:4.

Piscus

I hate to be that guy, but.... can anyone turn the Substitute Pokedoll from Greninja's picture into a right-side-up avatar for me? I am a grown man, but I freaking love that thing!

screen-5.jpg

The Hermit

http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=13m55s

Pilotwing Item has its own Logo. Maybe we get some Pilotwing character?

Every Assist and Item from a small franchise that doesnt have a Fighter in the game just has the standart Smash Bros Logo.

Could be the Mii character.

hmmmm

You could be onto something... Pilotwings Resort was just Mii´s

BTW, thank god they did the most obvious thing and are using enemies from series we are familiar. SSE was shit because I was fighting a lot of things I didn't knew and the a bizzare Final Boss.
Kremlings confirm K.Rool at least as a boss.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I overlooked this thread.

http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=13m55s

Pilotwing Item has its own Logo. Maybe we get some Pilotwing character?

Every Assist and Item from a small franchise that doesnt have a Fighter in the game just has the standart Smash Bros Logo.

Could be the Mii character.
Balloon fight also had it's own emblem, while other one-note references (Sin & Punishment, SNES Sim City, the pong rip-off) had the general smash emblem.

BALLOON KID ALICE FLOATS IN NONCHALANTLY!
Seems like nobody fucking cares about the Pilotwing Character guess eh?

Well, there are some stages in brawl that got icon without any playable representative.

Tingle and Isaac weren't shown as assist trophies. Upgraded to characters?

Tingle, I don't know why but Isaac is unlockable assist trophy in Brawl.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Tiki was confirmed nothing really. They confirmed her as being a trophy. Every character, item and such has a trophy as well.

That said, I highly doubt that Tiki being in that trophy quiz makes her a candidate for being playable. It seems more likely that those trophies hint at other playable characters from their respective series. But who knows.

People seem to forget how she even attacked in the Fire Emblem games. Needed to transform into a dragon to do anything. How would that work in a game that had to split Zelda and Sheik as separate characters? Before someone gets technical on me, yes I know you can change Tiki's class but that doesn't really count.

Top Bottom