• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo files trademark application for "Excite Truck"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is this likely VC related? I'm still waiting for Excite Bots to come out. Did anything come of that Eternal Darkness trademark deadline?
Not yet. Deadline hasn't been met yet, will happen around the end of the year apparently.

AdamMPSP

Oh man. A video I made reading Neogaf posts EXCITEd about Excitebots Trick Racing was how I finally got my neogaf account application approved 7 YEARS AGO. Memories, guys.

EXCITE!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Nothing came close to the hectic brutal arcade goodness that came from Excite Truck, MotorStorm 1 and 2.

Excitebots was spoiled by an useless motion gimmick that needs to be forgotten.

Bring back the arcade simplicity.

Bring back fucking Excite Truck.

Semajer

Rösti;226530806 said:
Not yet. Deadline hasn't been met yet, will happen around the end of the year apparently.

Do you know if something as simple as a Switch VC release enough to secure it? If so it could possibly be announced in the January Direct.

Rösti;226530598 said:
EU hadn't seen a trademark application regarding Wave Race since 1997, and that was only in Germany. That will remain in force until 2017-02-28 at least. Thus, there wasn't really anything to renew really, at least not something for all of EU.

The US trademark for Wave Race, US Serial Number 74246565, was renewed in 2012.

Interesting. Thanks!

jholmes

This is great news even if it just points to a Wii U re-release. Such a gem.

I had a lot of fun with Excite Truck back at the Wii's launch, would love to see it again or a sequel, really good sense of speed.

Please don't bring back Bots.

This guy gets it.

_PsiFire_

Amazing games...Bots was good just lacked something the first had.

Maybe it was the stopping to shake your Wiimote to get the bot to spin around a pole...that kinda thing sucked.

Tree Runs made the games!!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I would love this, but my guess is it probably is a mobile title like others have said.

Oh, fuck yes. Excite Truck was one of the best Wii games there ever was. Few things were better than going off of one of those huge jumps and flying so high in to the air that the soundtrack faded away.

I hope this leads to something. Played through Excite Truck for the first time a couple of months ago and was seriously impressed, and I say that as someone who played the best racing games of last gen: Burnout Paradise, Criterion NFS games, Dirt 3, Split/Second, Motorstorm, Pure, Sega Rally Revo, FlatOut UC, Ridge Racer 6, Mario Kart DS/Wii etc...

Oh man. A video I made reading Neogaf posts EXCITEd about Excitebots Trick Racing was how I finally got my neogaf account application approved 7 YEARS AGO. Memories, guys.

EXCITE!

Woah, thanks for that video - I love it!!!

EXCIIITTEEEEEE!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go NUTS for Excite Truck, such a good game... but everyone skips over how awesome Excite Bots was - that game was just pure stupid, and a ton of fun.

Timeless

Nothing came close to the hectic brutal arcade goodness that came from Excite Truck, MotorStorm 1 and 2.

Excitebots was spoiled by an useless motion gimmick that needs to be forgotten.

Bring back the arcade simplicity.

Bring back fucking Excite Truck.
Did we play the same game? I get being mad that Bots might not be a "true sequel" to Truck, but it was amazing. One of the only games where the motion actually made sense.

If the motion was more accurate (Motion+?) it would be even better.

RedToad64

Zubz

Banned
Didn't some of the Switch rumors include N64-Wii Remasters? Excite Truck seems like a very easy one to throw in.

Turrican3

EXCITE!
That was brilliant.

I can still laugh just thinking about it, not to mention actually watching it.

Back on topic, a brand new EXCITE TRUCK game would be a fantastic launch companion... let's hope it turns out as fun as the original Wii game.

marc^o^

EXCITE!
I remember your video, it was one of the best thing I saw on GAF. Bravo !

Now as someone said, it doesn't mean we are guaranteed to havd Excite back. It would be cruel to do that to us though.

If Nintendo wants to be relevant again, they need these kinds of cool arcade games. It'd be a stupid management decision to greenlight Pikmin, or a Mario party... before Wave Race, Exite or 1080. The Switch needs to be attractive again to gamers. This is how you do it from a first party point of view.

this would be my megaton.

fuck Breath of the Wild, give me this and i'll be happy forever.

i've been repping Excite Trucks every opportunity i got.

tesqui

Not sure how that game holds up now, but I remember really liking it as a early Wii game.

Edit: Oh and that reminds me I've never played ExciteBots. Kind of want to check that out now.

marc^o^

Not sure how that game holds up now, but I remember really liking it as a early Wii game.
Play it on Dolphin if you have a PC. It's just as good as it was back then. The turbo in air, just before you land on top of a hill to be propulsed again... I can't think of a more exhilarating gameplay move in a racer.

AColdDay

Truck >>>>> bots

EXACTLY. I liked Bots, but it was too....delicate, I guess? I remembered Excitetruck having this frantic, kinetic energy, while Bots was more slow paced with music notes and lame slower-paced flying sections.

You definitely should be able to blast some custom music as well. Nothing beat doing awesome 360 spins on Mars while the guitar solo of Freebird was blasting as the background music.

jholmes

EXACTLY. I liked Bots, but it was too....delicate, I guess? I remembered Excitetruck having this frantic, kinetic energy, while Bots was more slow paced with music notes and lame slower-paced flying sections.

Bots also had this ridiculous gimmick wedged in where you had to stop racing, grip the controller and spin the thing in a circle for like 30 seconds before you could race again. How the hell do people defend that?

I don't mean to get so excited about this issue but ugh, what a disappointing game that was.

marc^o^

Bots also had this ridiculous gimmick wedged in where you had to stop racing, grip the controller and spin the thing in a circle for like 30 seconds before you could race again. How the hell do people defend that?

I don't mean to get so excited about this issue but ugh, what a disappointing game that was.
Yes, these pauses were a game breaking flaw. What bots had for it was online. I remember being part of an IGN video, it was pretty cool. Excite Truck back to basics, in HD with online races would be a hell of a game.

ramparter

Banned
Yes, these pauses were a game breaking flaw. What bots had for it was online. I remember being part of an IGN video, it was pretty cool. Excite Truck back to basics, in HD with online races would be a hell of a game.
The worst thing about Wii was the constant enforcement of motion controls when not needed...

AColdDay

Play it on Dolphin if you have a PC. It's just as good as it was back then. The turbo in air, just before you land on top of a hill go be propulsed again... I can't think of a more exhilarating gameplay move in a racer.

For all of you guys looking at this thread, wondering if the people excited about this are being ironic or not, this post succinctly spells out what made this game special.

It was this exhilarating experience at high level play, I've never experienced a racer that had those kind of mechanics. If you are good at the game, you are pretty much trying to spend the entire race in a boost state and hitting those spins or perfectly nailing a landing would be such a thrill.

Waverace
Excite Trucks
F-Zero

Gimme those games and I'm in with the Switch, I said a couple of months ago

Seems like I should start saving money for spring/summer 2017

Trevelyan

Banned
I wonder if they do an ExciteRacing type of game? Maybe bunch in Excite Trucks, Bikes and WaveRace into one tidy little package.

sinxtanx

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★ Excite ★ Mother ★ Fucking ★ Truck ★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Meh. Not the most exciting IP I would like to see make a comeback. Unless it's just for the Wii U eShop ?

In 2009 the first post would have been "EXCITE!"

But in this miserable world of 2016 full of miserable GAFers we get this.

The times are indeed sad.

Top Bottom