• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Nintendo Network" logo spotted on 3DS box

Rapstah

Guys, it's Nintendo. It's obviously a separate service alongside Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and the other five systems, this one exclusively for DLC.

monome

Name is ok.

but Nintendo's design is too much akin to P&G as in too plasticky and deduced of elegance.
It works but damn me if they couldn t do better.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Well considering half of GAF missed E3 and were getting their Wii U rage on during CES, I couldn't be sure!
The Wii also has an identical port :)
By the way, I built a sensor bar myself back in the day.

Christine

[Nintex];34430379 said:
No, because they had all sorts of weird logo's that didn't fit together during those days. They dumped all that(Touch Generations, blah blah) shit recently.

They've discarded some of those, but it's not as if they've established any sort of unified style guide. The Club Nintendo logo is still kicking around.

Look at the menu icons on the 3DS; are you telling me that this is the one that would stick out as being "one of these things is not like the others" if it was a button in that context?

Levyne

Banned
Why not use one of the usb ports and an adapter?

Sure, not pretty but when I look behind my tv and see the mess of cords already there I'm not sure I'll mind.

Or I'll just use wifi.

chris3116

Guys, it's Nintendo. It's obviously a separate service alongside Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and the other five systems, this one exclusively for DLC.

The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is dead if I remember correctly and had been restructured into Nintendo Network.

wsippel

Banned
[Nintex];34430177 said:
I know it just doesn't seem to fit with any of the current fonts/logo styles they use.
Same style, same font:

GwWO5.jpg

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I so hate wifi, you have no idea, I want a cat6 input right out of the box.
But it seems with Nintendono we can want all we like, however we may never get.

Glass Joe

I can't believe the 3DS doesn't have a trophy/achievement system. Not that it should be a huge deal, but I like systems giving me a note and a gold star saying I beat a game. Pipe dream I know, but maybe this will be part of a better-late-than-never plan to implement something (the Mii Plaza update started toying with the concept in the last update).

JimboJones

Buy the USB ethernet adapter? Should be built in I agree but the adapter aint hard to find if you really want a wired connection.

Seems like a rebrand to me, fits with the lower case e in the eShop, same color too thoughwhy they waited this long I don't know.
One can only hope they plan to unify the 3DS and WiiU networks and shop in some way maybe link 3DS account to your WiiU or somthing, would be nice..

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Buy the adapter along with your console?

LOCK

Well seems we will get some sort of news next week.

That's great, but I doubt anything will be Wii U related (setting expectations low so I can be surprised if we do get something).

Saroyan

Introducing nintendo network points!*

*not compatible with Wii points or eshop funds.

[Nintex]

Well seems we will get some sort of news next week.

That's great, but I doubt anything will be Wii U related (setting expectations low so I can be surprised if we do get something).

The way Wii tanked I think we will get something if only to keep stocks from crashing completely when they post another loss.

[Nintex];34430123 said:
That logo is quite shitty I must say. A lowercase N and a thingy that looks like an RSS feed(the orange gives that vibe too). Is Nintendo going for a full rebrand with a new logo or what's that weird N doing there?

I could see Nintendo go full on Apple/HP on us and brand all their shit with a lowercase N.

You really like jumping to conclusions, don't you?

def sim

It does look somewhat like an RSS feed sign. heh

Anyway, it's nice they gave a name to their network. Hopefully they have a fully fledged online service by the time the WiiU is out.

Don't forget they've been dabbling in what they call "Accomplishments" as of the newest version of 3DS Mii Plaza!

Gimme dem Zelda trophies, bitches!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Must be rebranding / restructuring of their online service. I mean it has Network in the name and the traditional Wifi ))'s

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

:lol

And I like the logo! It's cute and communicative.

watershed

Banned
Interesting news, but its probably just a replacement for "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection".

Edit: It might be related to games that have paid dlc, so maybe Nintendo Network is the DLC delivery method or something.

Top Bottom