• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Nintendo Network" logo spotted on 3DS box

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
The Wii U requires a lot more cooling than the Wii did. I don't think there will be a vertical option this time around unless the redesign is pretty drastic.

also, uh, they retconned the original wii so they don't want you standing it up anymore.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The Nintendo Network name is what Nintendo have previously used as the network for their e3 coverage, as well as being used for Mario Kart 7's online.

I didn't comment on this earlier because i was playing Revelations but, I don't see any mention of a "Nintendo Network" in Mario kart 7 anywhere. Not in the manual, not in the game, nowhere.

edit: So it's only in the PAL versions of the game apparently.

OMG Aero

I didn't comment on this earlier because i was playing Revelations but, I don't see any mention of a "Nintendo Network" in Mario kart 7 anywhere. Not in the manual, not in the game, nowhere.
When you select Online Multiplayer it says "Connecting to Nintendo Network..." on the bottom screen.

It says connecting to Nintendo Network.
Just a rebrand as far as I'm concerned, isn't it their first online 3DS game?

JimboJones

Click Online Multiplayer on the main menu and the next loading screen will say "Connecting to Nintendo Network" on the bottom screen.

edit: beaten

Medalion

Banned
There is nothing significant here... Nintendo never really had a name for their network of services on the Wii and 3DS officially, Nintendo Network is the most generic label they could give it to ensure people there is some online functionality.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
When you select Online Multiplayer it says "Connecting to Nintendo Network..." on the bottom screen.

It says connecting to Nintendo Network.
Just a rebrand as far as I'm concerned, isn't it their first online 3DS game?
Click Online Multiplayer on the main menu and the next loading screen will say "Connecting to Nintendo Network" on the bottom screen.

edit: beaten

Alright thanks guys. In my NA copy, it's just "Connecting to the Internet" so I guess it's a regional thing for now.

And yea, Graphics Horse, I think it's the first 3ds game from Nintendo with online.

Metallix87

Indeed:

CIMG0047.jpg

Emitan

There is nothing significant here... Nintendo never really had a name for their network of services on the Wii and 3DS officially, Nintendo Network is the most generic label they could give it to ensure people there is some online functionality.

AUC8T.png

Rapstah

Maybe they're removing the reference to Wi-Fi because the Wii U will have actual ethernet cable support and therefore does not have Wi-Fi as a defining feature?

Cipherr

Design isnt final. Im not sure why theres so much talk about the ports. We should all know they could be added, or even half the existing ports removed. Its happened before.

IrishNinja

^kotaku's pic is of course making a weird unhappy face.

Don't forget they've been dabbling in what they call "Accomplishments" as of the newest version of 3DS Mii Plaza!

Gimme dem Zelda trophies, bitches!

finally, a zelda platinum!
for real though, i hope i don't gotta pay (much) for ethernet...goddammit.

As I caught in the 3D photo competition thread, they only registered nintendonetwork.net in November... now they're rolling out a new logo.

Based on their comments for the last year, talk of EA and outside parties taking over in areas where Nintendo do not traditionally excel, I do think they're working on an online relaunch of sorts, and that it won't just be a rebranding exercise... but we'll see.

watershed

Banned
So it looks like the Nintendo Network is the new banner for all Nintendo online content, their E3 network, 3d photo contest, and online play.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So I just got a notification message telling me about the wonders of SwapNote/Nintendo Letter Box (about a month after the fact), and there's this interesting paragraph in there:
If you haven't downloaded the software already, simply touch the Nintendo Letter Box icon you have received on your system's HOME Menu to jump to the download screen in Nintendo eShop.
Push downloads?

S/PDIF lacks the bandwidth for six channel linear PCM.

No, it'll simply never happen. S/PDIF is already outdated right now and most certainly obsolete five or six years from now.

Yeah, okay. Regardless, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 are supported. That's all I really care about.

Top Bottom