• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo officially giving away NX consoles as Splatoon eSports prize

kaioshade

How the hell are you supposed to be hyped for something they have put absolutely no effort in promoting?

Reveal the damned console Nintendo, THEN start thinking about giving it away.

Clov

Well, it's good to know that the NX isn't some sort of collective hallucination.

Maybe it's a Jeff Rigby deal and the NX actually is already released

I heard that the NX is going to be able to play UHD Blu-Rays without a disk drive.

OH MAN

I GET IT NOW

THE NX IS
FROG FRACTIONS 2

No, this is clearly Frog Fractions 2:

1.jpg

I like how annoyed people are.

I actually think this is the first time Nintendo has even referenced NX's existence since E3. It's not like they're constantly talking about it and never showing it.

They give little notices that they won't discuss it before their directs but yeah, one could mean they talk constantly about it without showing anything. I guess people just think that this is true because we got a shitload of rumours and leaks, well that and they're thirsty.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How the hell are you supposed to be hyped for something they have put absolutely no effort in promoting?

Reveal the damned console Nintendo, THEN start thinking about giving it away.
How can you put effort in promoting something you haven't revealed yet?
I'd imagine people wanting to play in the tournaments would want to know what the prize is since the matches are starting soon?

Shiggy

Nintendo is doomed. NX seems to be a major flop. They already have to give it away even before its release.

ElDuderino

Well they're also giving away NX to the winner of the Uniqlo contest. Does that mean Uniqlo will be on NX?!

Splatoon on NX sounds like a risky bet. I thought they will drop the franchise after the last installment only sold 5mill units.

5 million units for a new IP on a small install base is pretty good. Nintendo will continue to grow that IP.

Well they're also giving away NX to the winner of the Uniqlo contest. Does that mean Uniqlo will be on NX?!

Splatoon on NX sounds like a risky bet. I thought they will drop the franchise after the last installment only sold 5mill units.

Are you kidding? 5 millions for a new IP is incredible.

Fucking christ just show us what this thing is. This absolutley ridiculous that they have been talkingnabout this thing for over a year and still havent shown anything. Please give me a reason to care about you again nintendo

kaioshade

How can you put effort in promoting something you haven't revealed yet?
I'd imagine people wanting to play in the tournaments would want to know what the prize is since the matches are starting soon?

Give money, Wii U consoles, whatever. Giving someone a prize that doesn't even (officially) exist is moronic. If Nintendo had actually shown the thing by now, gotten some public feedback and excitement I can see it then. theyre pretty much asking people to compete on blind faith for essentially imaginary prizes at this point.

Zomba13

Maybe they think they've already announced the NX and so they don't have to say what it is and show people because they think people already know?

Menitta

Give money, Wii U consoles, whatever. Giving someone a prize that doesn't even (officially) exist is moronic. If Nintendo had actually shown the thing by now, gotten some public feedback and excitement I can see it then. theyre pretty much asking people to compete on blind faith for essentially imaginary prizes at this point.

This. Also, if this is supposed to be marketing, what do they expect us to believe? The Eurogamer article? Is that all true now?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well, it's 6 months away until the winner is decided, money's probs out the window and who the fuck wants a Wii U. The whatever is obtained in the Sundays and monthlys. The pull is having the NX signed by Splatoon devs I guess. Feedback wouldn't do shit for prize decision.

Top Bottom