• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo officially giving away NX consoles as Splatoon eSports prize

Hilarion

I don't think it's that odd. It'd be like Apple announcing some sort of sweepstakes where the prize will be an iPhone 8. Sure, it doesn't exist yet, but everyone knows it's not far off from existing.

Lutherian

maxresdefault.jpg

It's the NX!

Wait a minute, there's no wires...

And I'm not sure the Elders of the NX are ok with this ^^.

AGITΩ

Wasnt there a official Nintendo Tshirt design contest running from june till august that the prize was also an NX at launch signed by Miyamoto or something like that? Really weird.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nintendo giving away it's newest console as a prize means that a Splatoon remaster is launching on it?

Logic, ya'll.

Edit: I'm absolutely loving how upset and downright angry Nintendo is making people in this thread (and others) by not showing the NX yet. So hilarious.

Nintendo giving away it's newest console as a prize means that a Splatoon remaster is launching on it?

Logic, ya'll.

Edit: I'm absolutely loving how upset and downright angry Nintendo is making people in this thread (and others) by not showing the NX yet. So hilarious.

It is funny at times. I really want to see the damn thing revealed or at least see a date for the reveal. Thankfully I'm pretty busy so I don't think about it all that often.

udivision

Logic, ya'll.

So... ....

This tournament will be played on the Wii U version, all the way till October 2017?
The NX launches in March 2017...
The NX launches with a Splatoon Remaster? (Maybe that's not what you're saying...?)
The biggest and best Splatoon players won't already have an NX to play this assumed Remaster?

I guess it would make the most sense if the Splatoon Remaster comes after October 2017.

EDIT: I may be misreading your post.

Malus

It was kind of dumb to announce that it existed so far in advance of a reveal.

Not really. The only reason it's a problem is because the Wii U is long dead and the 3DS is dying, which would be the case regardless of when they first talked about NX. We know all the console manufacturers are working on their next console years in advance of release.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So... ....

This tournament will be played on the Wii U version, all the way till October 2017?
The NX launches in March 2017...
The NX launches with a Splatoon Remaster? (Maybe that's not what you're saying...?)
The biggest and best Splatoon players won't already have an NX to play this assumed Remaster?

I guess it would make the most sense if the Splatoon Remaster comes after October 2017.

EDIT: I may be misreading your post.

No, I was under the impression that this tournament was October of this year, my mistake.

jmizzal

This actually isn't the first time they give away an NX, is it?

Edit: Ah right, it was the Uniqlo contest Distify just mentioned.

Lol Nintendo already have two official NX giveaways and have not even announced the console officially

Top Bottom