• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Best Buy stores are getting their allotment now, looks like one of my local Best Buys is getting about 100 total consoles between pre-orders and open units. According to some employees I know at the local distribution center, anyway.

Gotta be honest with you, that's not bad for day one numbers. I remember that same Best Buy having less than half as many PS4s and Xbox Ones for their first day.

Maybe this Best Buy is an outlier, but if it is any indication I don't think supply will be too bad for the first day. Here's hoping all those who didn't preorder can get a hold of one, and all the stores stick to one-per-customer to limit scalping.

Best Buy stores are getting their allotment now, looks like one of my local Best Buys is getting about 100 total consoles between pre-orders and open units. According to some employees I know at the local distribution center, anyway.

Gotta be honest with you, that's not bad for day one numbers. I remember that same Best Buy having less than half as many PS4s and Xbox Ones for their first day.

Maybe this Best Buy is an outlier, but if it is any indication I don't think supply will be too bad for the first day. Here's hoping all those who didn't preorder can get a hold of one, and all the stores stick to one-per-customer to limit scalping.
Probably a high traffic best buy.

Simo

Well that sounds optimistic for someone like myself without a pre-order. Definitely going to try my local BB then.

I hope there are units for people that did not pre-order. Nothing is more deflating then feeling like you have to pre-order to have a chance at a console.

Souzetsu

Newegg has Switch Joy-Con, AC adapter and Charging Grip up for preorder.

I had a Newegg gift card available that I could use so I'm glad these finally went up.

EDIT: Link here

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I hope there are units for people that did not pre-order. Nothing is more deflating then feeling like you have to pre-order to have a chance at a console.

Meh. I don't preorder because I feel I have to, though that may be accurate. I preorder consoles because I lose nothing by doing so. I don't get charged until it ships, so, why not preorder?

Time of year might come into play here. Best Buy might have a lot less free shelf space in the holiday season with all of the competing holiday products, especially when two new consoles launch simultaneously.

Either way it bodes well for the launch success and for those who weren't able to secure preorders.

Gonna try and grab a pro controller when I pick up mah switch from BB.

How do BB pick up pre-orders generally work? Is there a pre-order line?

Anyone have experience pre ordering with bestbuy.com?

I chose to pick up in store and my order status currently says processing and its awaiting authoritization on the credit card charge.

When does that usually update?

Darklor01

I chose to pick up in store and my order status currently says processing and its awaiting authoritization on the credit card charge.

Closer to shipping. Sometimes Best Buy Ships early, but shipping time may vary depending how close to a distribution center you are. Sometimes shipping is delayed for those closer to a distribution center, but, with Best Buy, they seem to just ship early from time to time.

Let's hope they do.

I used to work at best buy but never ordered anything online and now im wondering.

My order only consists of the BOTW Special edition though

Closer to shipping. Sometimes Best Buy Ships early, but shipping time may vary depending how close to a distribution center you are. Sometimes shipping is delayed for those closer to a distribution center, but, with Best Buy, they seem to just ship early from time to time.

Let's hope they do.

I would imagine that an online preorder that is sent to pick up in store would ship with the store's allotment. I should be able to pick it up at launch
I HOPE

Probably a high traffic best buy.

It is definitely a higher traffic Best Buy, so for comparison's sake it may be easier to focus on the fact that that same store received less than half that many PS4s at launch.

So if your local store is smaller than mine, you can still probably expect decent stock compared to the PS4 launch.

I would imagine that an online preorder that is sent to pick up in store would ship with the store's allotment. I should be able to pick it up at launch
I HOPE

This is how it works, your online preorder will be factored into the initial shipment and should be set aside for you before the store opens. Assuming your store isn't run by clownshoes.

Darklor01

I HOPE

Could be. Would make sense that they simply add yours to standard allotment totals and ship yours with the others, but I have no idea.

As long as the stores has the smarts to have a limit of 1 per family or whatever, then you have a chance.

If they don't have that limit, guaranteed the damn resellers will scoop them up and put them on ebay or kijii almost instantly.

Simo

For info I just called my local Best Buy. They told me there would be a ticketing system in place, i assume for those of us without preorders, and that doors will open at 11:30pm local time.

So I'll probably roll around there at 10pm just to be on the safe side but hopefully the ticketing maybe means I might end up getting one then next week? Fingers crossed!

I got three e-mails today from Amazon with arrival dates on my pre-ordered Switch accessories.. all March 7. With past pre-orders or backordered items they've always shipped and were delivered well before that though, so fingers crossed!

helium121

Banned
I got three e-mails today from Amazon with arrival dates on my pre-ordered Switch accessories.. all March 7. With past pre-orders or backordered items they've always shipped and were delivered well before that though, so fingers crossed!

I just got the same email. It would be very disappointing if these don't show up on release day. I'm buying my niece a switch with accessories and I don't want to make sepaarate trips to deliver these items since they live a considerable distance from me. She's aware the system comes out next Friday so I can't have her wait for the system. It's her first system and she's been waiting since Christmas for it.

I have all of my accessories on this order too so I can't have them deliver to her.

Is there any chance that sites with "coming soon" on the Switch store page like Best Buy will actually have a decent amount available to order online on launch day?

lt519

Nintendo Switch |OT| 1 Switch, 2 Switch, Red Switch, Blue Switch

Or

Nintendo Switch |OT| 1 Click, 2 Click, Red Switch, Blue Switch

Kibbles

Trying to change to store pickup on my Best buy preorder and T says search by area code unavailable but it's said that all day -_-

rav

Anyone else not have an estimate for Zelda at Amazon?
I changed CC, and hoping it didn't mess it up. I also changed it on Mario and the Switch preorder, and those show estimated times of shipping.

It says:
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Nintendo Switch |OT| 1 Switch, 2 Switch, Red Switch, Blue Switch

Or

Nintendo Switch |OT| 1 Click, 2 Click, Red Switch, Blue Switch

That first one is great.

ctfg23

Anybody order some switch stuff (accessories) that is NOT getting on the 7th but the 3rd? I'm wondering what the hell is going on.
Right now I have the console, Zelda SE, official carrying case, charge grip, and AC adapter coming on the 3rd, and the pro controller coming on the 7th. But I got the pro controller 3/7 email later than some people on here so some delivery dates could still get pushed back I guess.

Top Bottom