• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World Championships 2017 announced

I was at the NYC Qualifiers yesterday, and my best was 1:21. We only get 2 chances, and I choked up real bad at my 2nd trial, getting 1:27.

After that, I got some sweet posters, played some Metroid & Mario Odyssey. I can't wait for Odyssey to come out, it's so much fun!

Murugo

Best in NY was a 1:16 and change. According to the reps here you could go through as many times as you wanted. The kid with the highest time apparently just kept going all day and slowly widdedled it down.

Yeah, as of yesterday best time is now 1:16.300, by someone apparently well-known in the MK community. There was no hope for me winning, but it was fun to go and try regardless.

Well I definitely should have practiced MK7 before coming to the San Francisco regional today. 1:38:12 & 1:40:06 were my times. Sad.

I could re-register, but nah. I'll try Odyssey & Samus Returns, then I'm out.

bok3LNi.jpg

Numbers shall rise once more.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
getting some sleep for Dallas event tomorrow. i'm assuming there will be a crowd, but hopefully the line isnt too long.

also, do we need to print the reg form? I forgot to D:

Richie

This has way less hype than the one they did near E3

Was about to say, this is happening this Saturday but hype is nowhere to be found, let alone compared to the E3 2015 (which had much more eyes on it for obvious reasons). Does anyone expect something to come out of this other than competitive fun, like an announcement or a surprise release? Don't feel like Nintendo's been promoting it much.

Was about to say, this is happening this Saturday but hype is nowhere to be found, let alone compared to the E3 2015 (which had much more eyes on it for obvious reasons). Does anyone expect something to come out of this other than competitive fun, like an announcement or a surprise release? Don't feel like Nintendo's been promoting it much.

The last one was attached to E3 so of course this won't have as much hype. I still think they announce something.

I think one of the games they'll play is that new multiplayer Kirby game for 3DS.

Taker666

They should have paired it with E3 again.

The lack of any real push from Nintendo makes me doubt there will be any reveals this time around. A shame, as I'd have thought it would have been a great place to debut Super Smash Bros. Switch.

The lack of any real push from Nintendo makes me doubt there will be any reveals this time around. A shame, as I'd have thought it would have been a great place to debut Super Smash Bros. Switch.

There's bound to be something announced. It's being broadcast on television.

Renna Hazel

This is what I, and many others were hoping for. With so little fanfare, I can't see them announcing anything here. They need a tweet or something saying unannounced games will be played and buzz will pick up instantly.

They don't have to announce Smash. It can be something smaller.

I feel like they would be saving Odyssey for the final round considering that's the big game they are pushing this holiday, showcasing a world they haven't shown off yet (and probably one with a high difficulty level, although I doubt it'll be as hard as what Mario Maker was).

I'm guessing if any fighter is in, they'll be showing off ARMS, maybe along with a new multiplayer mode for that, best hope that it's 1v1 Arms and not the chaotic 2v2 or 1v1v1v1.

Last one felt mostly like a promo reel of what Nintendo was selling at the time with it's selection of games (With a few exceptions like Zelda and Super Metroid). I imagine it'll be similar this year.

I just hope they make it clearer on who's who in the bigger games like Splatoon 2 this time around. I remember watching the Splatoon match from the 2015 event and... good luck telling anyone apart in that game.

Who else expects Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to be the first game? I mean, we have 24 contestants so with two rounds of MK8 you could exactly meet the number of players since you can have up to 12 players at once, so you could use it to make the first round go much quicker

Who else expects Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to be the first game? I mean, we have 24 contestants so with two rounds of MK8 you could exactly meet the number of players since you can have up to 12 players at once, so you could use it to make the first round go much quicker

Probably. That ARMS, Splatoon 2, Metroid Samus Returns.

You know what would be nice to see? One of the rounds being based on an Indie Title. If they can communicate with Yacht Club games to have Shovel Knight on stage for a challenge (Maybe even one previewing King of Cards) that would be awesome to see.

I know it's the Nintendo World Championships, but the original one had Rad Racer on it's cartridge and that's a game from Square. So they can let some indies into the competition seeing how Indie friendly the Switch has been so far.

Oregano

You know what would be nice to see? One of the rounds being based on an Indie Title. If they can communicate with Yacht Club games to have Shovel Knight on stage for a challenge (Maybe even one previewing King of Cards) that would be awesome to see.

I know it's the Nintendo World Championships, but the original one had Rad Racer on it's cartridge and that's a game from Square. So they can let some indies into the competition seeing how Indie friendly the Switch has been so far.

I think Rocket League would be the game for that if they wanted an indie game.

Neiteio

Mario Kart, ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Pokken seem like safe bets. Samus Returns is already confirmed. Odyssey is likely in the mix.

Top Bottom