• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World Championships 2017 announced

Miker

Blast Ball was played prior to finals.

Earthbound Beginnings was announced right before it started... for some reason.

Emphasis on just Blast Ball, we didn't know it was Metroid based at the time (although someone made a pretty spot on thread guessing that).

I remember this. What a weird event in general.

Fularu

Banned
I guess companies still don't realise that excluding Québec is stupid.

All they have to do is ask the winner 12+8 =? and it would be fine

Tregard

Soothsayer
Aaah, memories <3

Smash Switch seems possible, I wonder if they'll stick to 2015's format, Kevin Perera et al.

Hoping we get a Pikmin Bingo Battle round, personally. Maybe something BOTW related involving solving a new shrine faster than someone else.

Mory Dunz

correct me If I'm wrong but we've never seen this Link render right?

lonkojoly.png

Glad they are doing this. Need to find out more about what all they plan on doing but can't wait to watch. Hopefully they put on a good show.

XaosWolf

YES! Hopefully there's still some Mario Maker stuff! Along with some announcements. (Mario maker Switch has gotta be in the pipeline, surely)

Don't know if it can top that last one but I'm all for it becoming a staple if not every year then every other year. =D

Oh! And John Numbers better be back to defend his title!

Fularu

Banned
Doing a basic google search shows there's a ton of rules.
And all contests in Québec have one extra line when they are Canada wide "in order to claim your prize, please answer the following question"

Most of the rules for contests in Québec are Canada wide

zroid

Banned
Mario Kart 7 being the qualifier game is bizarre.

Predicting Splatoon 2, ARMS, Pokkén, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Smash and Mario Maker.
three fighting games? I think they'd need to balance it better...

maybe there will be timed runs through Samus Returns or Mario Odyssey

DrArchon

Hmm. No idea what the games are going to be, eh?

I'm not sure if I want a competitive 1, 2, Switch event or not..., but I'm leaning towards yes.

Brofield

Oh sure, I'll just pop over to NYC from Toronto with less than two weeks notice.

How feasible and generous of Nintendo to open this to Canadian residents!

Pretty glad to see they're bringing this back. The revival of NWC was one of the rare highlights of Nintendo's otherwise subpar E3 2015 showcase, and I was disappointed that NWC didn't return last year.

bionic77

They should open it up to other countries and then have some kind of world finals.

Would be cool if more companies did something like this too.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Here's where you can expect the ARMS DLC characters to drop, and the debut of new Splatoon weapons & levels.

Secretly hoping for a stealth Mother 3 release but I know better than to actually expect it :(

Top Bottom