• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Last Chance Trial Thread: It's your last chance, seriously.

For people who don't want to deal with the Onryoki-lookalike that guards the temple key in the Twilight Mission: make him appear then draw his aggro, then leave the raised platform area you fight him and head toward the nearby shrine. He will lose interest in you and move back toward his spawn point with his back turned toward the gate. Sneak in and use the backstab from the ninjutsu branch or whatever your strongest move is. Rinse and repeat.

Ulldog

The demo is definately challenging and fun, but I don't really care for the environment/aesthetics. It feels pretty dull, but maybe it'll grow on me.

Espada

That flurry attack is legit horsepoop,

Familiarize yourself with the audio cue and start running away from her. Even at my level (45) it still does a ridiculous amount of Ki and health damage. I've also seen some people hug right under her to avoid it, but I'd rather just run away.

Menthus, Onryoki (first boss of alpha and beta demos) would do the same thing with his cannonballs in the previous demos.

BigEmil

I feel like this game is Souls first with Added Ninja Gaiden, rather than the other way around.

That makes me happy, though.

--

I love going "fuck it, I'll just shoot you", hahaha
Makes sense because later on the more you unlock more skills and abilities and become more proficient with everything it becomes more Ninja Gaiden

Gameplay is great, only downside for me is graphics/art style. Can look like a ps2 game at times
What do you think of the performance though? It's like no one counts 60fps as a graphic :S

Van Bur3n

Decided to respec my character and invest in the kusarigama and Ninjutsu. Goodness gracious is this game ten times more fun with this play style than when playing with a spear. Combining the "GET OVER HERE" skill with the low stance light attack is like forcefully dragging your enemy into your personal chainsaw. Or bringing yourself over to them. The normal high stance strong attack makes for an excellent ranged attack as well.

I love it. Know exactly how I'm playing the game when it releases.

Izuna

Banned
Bruh...

I hugged her and slaughtered her.

:O

THANK YOU FOR THE TIPS!

I was doing (Heavy) Y xx Y -> Medium Stance, (Medium) Y xx Y -> Heavy Stance (repeat) -- The extra Ki I got let me have perfect Ki for the fight and no Flurry hit me :eek:

Izuna

Banned
I gotta return this PS4 by like, 4PM, and I plan on spending the rest of the time I have on this.

Phew, what a game. This just justified my entire PS4 purchase.

Espada

Bruh...

I hugged her and slaughtered her.

:O

THANK YOU FOR THE TIPS!

I was doing (Heavy) Y xx Y -> Medium Stance, (Medium) Y xx Y -> Heavy Stance (repeat) -- The extra Ki I got let me have perfect Ki for the fight and no Flurry hit me :eek:

There you go! Congratulations on the win, that type of constant stance switching lets you pile on tons of damage in a short span of time. She's definitely the simplest of the 5 bosses we've fought in Nioh.

Izuna

Banned
There you go! Congratulations on the win, that type of constant stance switching lets you pile on tons of damage in a short span of time. She's definitely the simplest of the 5 bosses we've fought in Nioh.

Simplist? haha

That was like fighting the wins at the end of MNM for me until I hugged her. Blimey.

convo

Gameplay is great, only downside for me is graphics/art style. Can look like a ps2 game at times

That pretty much is the same complaint dark souls 1 got but the art-style grew on people. The boss arena for Tachibana looks nice to me. Some graphical effects do look weird to me but i can get used to them. One thing's for sure, it beats the shit out of lords of the fallen to me.

Izuna

Banned
Art-style and graphics is really fine. This is like playing a remaster of a lost gem from PS3. Gameplay is far too good to get put off by the graphics.

--

Refashion is the best mechanic

--

Gunna try to Lv12 this Twilight thing

Jakten

Is there any way to exit a level once you've entered it? I went into the Tachibana Muneshige fight by accident before I could level up after finishing the first mission and I'm absolutely not ready to fight him. I'd prefer not to lose 4-5 levels worth of amrita.

Espada

Simplist? haha

That was like fighting the wins at the end of MNM for me until I hugged her. Blimey.

Yeah. the tactic of just hugging her and attacking is largely what that battle consists of. It's just that she does ridiculous damage and her slam's hitbox is somewhat iffy. Beyond that there's nothing much more to her.

Nue (ape-faced, lightning tiger yokai) was a little more complex to fight
Onryoki (giant red oni chained to iron balls) was somewhat more complicated than Nue
Hino-enma (bat/succubus yokai) gave people hell in the beta demo
Muneshige Tachiba (human male with a sword) is the most complex boss we've had to fight in the demos.

I'm actually glad she's fairly simple because her arena is narrower than Onryoki's, while her regular attacks have much longer reach.

Jakten said:
Is there any way to exit a level once you've entered it? I went into the Tachibana Muneshige fight by accident before I could level up after finishing the first mission and I'm absolutely not ready to fight him. I'd prefer not to lose 4-5 levels worth of amrita.

Check your items. You should have something called a Himorogi Branch/Fragment. They'll allow you to return to the world map with your Amrita.

BeeDog

Got my ass handed to me by the Ogress a couple of times yesterday, but managed to beat the boss on the first try this morning, and got the message about the item being unlocked as a boon in the full game.

But after finishing the mission and returning to the map screen, I was prompted to unlock "Mark of the Conqueror" and "Mark of the Strong" from PSN despite not finishing any Twilight Mission nor the new sub-mission that's available. How come?

Either way, if that's all that is unlockable from this Trial, I might stop here so as not to spoil more of the full game.

So close, yet so far away..
16251753_10208160016742089_6103450129776055197_o.jpg

deoee

I haven't played this game yet but I'm really hyped and looking forward to it.

Can I realistically make it to the rewards playing this a few h today or is it more or less impossible? D:
I have experience and beaten all Souls and Bloodborne several times :D

KurowaSan

It was more common in previous betas, but it's the first time I've seen the boss kept staggered for so long in this one, it kept stacking up status effects. That and a well in-sync partner made Ogress not to be able to do anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtVj-wMZPPo

Also, this happened

Onryoki appeared with his chain balls. It took me by surprise and I was expecting him to use them, but it seems it was just a bug.

Izuna

Banned
I haven't played this game yet but I'm really hyped and looking forward to it.

Can I realistically make it to the rewards playing this a few h today or is it more or less impossible? D:
I have experience and beaten all Souls and Bloodborne several times :D

Bruh, definitely play it regardless.

It seems this mark dlc problem is US only.

For me, in the EU the marks were unlocked just fine. (After beating the twilight mission)
Got a notificiation that I could claim them after the normal mission but couldn't. After twilight everything was fine though.

SkylineRKR

Yeah marks downloaded fine (EU).

For Tachibana one shot, all you need is bare handed parry skill from Ninja tab. And from Ninja tab the Power Pill. From Omiyo the Talisman of the fist. Unequip your weapon, Pop Pill + Fist. Run up to Tachibana and hope he does his 2 hit combo. Catch the second swing.

The tracking in this game needs to be nerfed. Its especially unfun in narrow walkways. I've fought a Yokai and his overhead swing tracked more than 270 degrees. Thats ridiculous. It also looks dumb. Hitboxes were questionable in the Alpha, they're still not good enough.

Top Bottom