• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi is fine! It was a mistranslation, d00ds.

lol at NIS. That's some despair right there.
Someone said "despair"

tumblr_inline_n0gq435sp01qgdj69.gif

Somnid

PS4 exclusive right? Why did they not do both PS4 and Vita at the same time?

Good Bye Nippon Ichi, it's been fun.

Altima

Make it right then. Disgaea 4 story is totally a disappointment.

I bought every Disgaea game because I was impressed with D1-2 story but it is a downfall after that point.

MechaX

While I doubt that moving a release date is easy, essentially being like "we hope people will buy our copies out of pity alongside a release for a larger series" when your title is going to be do-or-die for your entire company is not a good move at all.

Skittles

In Murika?

That ain't happenin', even with my buying two copies, because Nippon Icbi.
150k is doable if they're including the US and japanese release sales. If that's japanese sales then they are pretty fucked. If only the title was releasing later on in the year. By the looks of it, I think the PS4 will be a lot better off in japan there due to the increased amount of developers actually releasing titles for it(or planning to).

Tapejara

Hope NIS/NISA is still around this time next year. I loved The Guided Fate Paradox and really enjoy most of NISA's localizations. Perhaps I'm just in denial, but could they really be in such a dire situation? Seems kind of weird to just mention financial troubles for the first time in a short magazine quote.

Biker19

Banned
sounds like NIS wants MS to snag them up. do it.

It's not really so simple for a foreign company like Microsoft to buy a Japanese company like Nippon Ichi.

I know that they are a niche publisher, but shouldn't they be trying to release on more than just Playstation platforms to spread the risk.

On what? There are less JRPG's on Wii U, & most JPRG's sure as hell won't sell on Xbox One.

Sify64

I know that they are a niche publisher, but shouldn't they be trying to release on more than just Playstation platforms to spread the risk.

Foffy

Banned
...Guess this will likely be their last game. ):

Hope NIS/NISA is still around this time next year. I loved The Guided Fate Paradox and really enjoy most of NISA's localizations. Perhaps I'm just in denial, but could they really be in such a dire situation? Seems kind of weird to just mention financial troubles for the first time in a short magazine quote.

This is not the first time they've mentioned being in trouble. They've been in trouble for years, and I don't know if many of their games have solved this. I know The Witch and the Hundred Knight failed to make them any money at all.

I don't think it helps that Disgaea 5 is also one of the ugliest games on PS4, technically speaking. The game has already cemented itself for a niche audience, and I can only see that getting smaller, not bigger.

Amir0x

Banned
delay it from Bloodborne day what are you doing! :(

release Disgaea on PC, I bet it'd do great!

PLEASE NIS DON'T GO I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE

bomblord1

Banned
Didn't we learn last gen not to blow your whole budget on one game...

Well, I will attempt to get this if/when it comes stateside.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Solution: Release Disgaea D2 Portable. Thank me later, NIS.

I'm still waiting for that, then you can die properly. :|

That sucks. I could never put as much effort in Disgaea as others but I did enjoy it when I had the chance.

If they go out, I hope someone can pick up their IP's. I can see Atlus taking Disgaea.

Altima

I'm not going to buy Japanese copy. I hope that 150,000 copy they mentioned also include non-japanese version of the game.

Amir0x

Banned
Why are people being so nonchalant about this?

Please don't let Disgaea die, it's my all-time favorite JRPG. I'd be crushed if NIS went belly-up.

seriously Disgaea is the ultimate stat-whore SRPG. It's one of my favorite series. I am in the manual of one of the North American versions of Disgaea, for christ's sake!

PLEASE NIS KICKSTART YOUR NEXT PROJECT NOW

Well, that would suck. :(

I haven't been on the up and up with Disgaea in ages, but I usually pick the games up because I know I'll get to them eventually (I have the Disgaea 4 Vita LE sitting on my shelf)

I sure do hope they pull through. What else have they released recently other than Disgaea D2 and The Witch and Hundred Knight?

Top Bottom