• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky 1.3 Update releasing this week (portals, expanded story, and more)

Handy Fake

pyFY72V.gif

Tagyhag

Sounds like it finally hit 1.0 really.

It's good to see, but I see no reason to buy it yet without hearing what people say about this new update.

People already got burned once.

JoeBoy101

this is so trippy

I really wanted some truly alien worlds, not just alien coloured worlds. That seems to deliver to me. Plants look more like electronics.

Tagyhag said:
It's good to see, but I see no reason to buy it yet without hearing what people say about this new update.

People already got burned once.

Its POSSIBLE that it'll be worth $60 on Steam after this update, but I wouldn't recommend it until after. BUT, the $24 from Humble Bundle is very respectable for the state of the game right now with the past two patches.

Damn. I have a PS4 pro and the pro stuff seems great.

How is pc community? I don’t think my gtx760 will get my the pro performance

Plus, $24 on pc and PSN

Damn. I have a PS4 pro and the pro stuff seems great.

How is pc community? I don't think my gtx760 will get my the pro performance

Plus, $24 on pc and PSN

PC community is incredible. The modding scene is incredibly active and they've improved the game significantly. I'd imagine they'll go much further with all these mechanics at their disposal.... But yeah, you're not going to get Pro performance.
http://www.nomansskypc.com/the-community-update/

belvedere

Junior Butler
Apparently I missed a critical 15 minutes.

Any leaks about "joint exploration".

Also that desert planet pic looks like one of the trailer planets. Like, really looks like it.

JoeBoy101

Haven't played since before the first update I think, it seems their way to fix it was include the land vehicles for explorarion? I should check on that!

There's a good rundown of the updates in the OP. If you've only played pre-patch, there's been pretty sizable changes. The core gameplay loop still held, but with goals like base construction, vehicles, and others. But the new update... it suggests the gameplay loop could change. Possibly dramatically.

Goddamn at that canyon flight. I really hope we can do some nape-of-the-earth flying now.

Kalentan

Hmm. Might get this for PC or PS4 based on feedback of this update.

If you have a PS4 Pro and play at 1080p it looks really good and runs really well.

Sadly the 4K mode, while looks amazing isn't nearly as smooth. I wish there was an option to turn on 1080p but alas there is not.

If you have a PS4 Pro and play at 1080p it looks really good and runs really well.

Sadly the 4K mode, while looks amazing isn't nearly as smooth. I wish there was an option to turn on 1080p but alas there is not.

According to the DF guide, you just need to force 1080 through the PS4 system settings. It also has hdr support!

When is this supposed to drop anyway? Wondering how long the PSN sale will last. Don’t want to miss out on it but taking a risk buying now. But 1.2 sounded like a great update. Doubt I won’t get $24 worth.

JoeBoy101

I'm really struggling right now between tempering expectations, but seeing all this and knowing that HG knows damn well not to show anything or have anything that's not in game after before.

Kalentan

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!!!!!!

According to the DF guide, you just need to force 1080 through the PS4 system settings. It also has hdr support!

When is this supposed to drop anyway? Wondering how long the PSN sale will last. Don't want to miss out on it but taking a risk buying now. But 1.2 sounded like a great update. Doubt I won't get $24 worth.

The patch is looking to drop either tomorrow or saturday. Probably friday.

Lgndryhr

I have a launch PS4. Haven't made the jump to the pro yet. And not sure if I want to unless a really good deal comes along.

Thanks for heads up.

If your PC can run it, get it on that for sure. It'll run better and have access to mods still.

I have an i5-7400, gtx1060 with 3GB vram, and 8GB RAM. Nothing super powerful. Just got it recently. Haven't had a desktop in a long time. All of my old ones died. Was on a HP laptop from 2008. Upgraded from Vista to 7 to 10, lol.

JoeBoy101

Typically tuesday but patches can still come out on other days. They said the patch is this week and it's doubtful the patch will come saturday or sunday.

Previous patches have come on Sundays, so its not out of the running. But tomorrow is the anniversary, so I think good money is on tomorrow.

Top Bottom