• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky 1.3 Update releasing this week (portals, expanded story, and more)

lordkosc

Imagine if they had delayed the game just one more year. All of what happened would have been avoided.

Just bought it today for PC, so in my eyes the game is offering way more than was promised last year, and its priced at indie game levels (25$ ish on gog/humble). :D

#patientgamer

E92 M3

I am so proud of HG - they did not buckle under the immense pressure of the internet. What's great is that this isn't even the last update. In 3-5 months we'll have another.

--

Also: LOW FLIGHT AND FOV!!!!

Memnoch

"Free"

They promised a lot of features that were not there on release; and people paid 60 euros for the game. It's definitely not free. That said, kudos to the team for improving the game and making it what it was supposed to be in the first place.
Great post.

What exactly is low flight mode?

Previously in the game it would not allow you to get too close to any planetary surface so your ship would automatically stay a bit above the surface.

EDIT: this also meant not being able to fly through canyons (much), etc.

I'm guessing low flight mode will let you fly a lot closer to the actual surface of the planet, maybe even allowing you to crash it if you want (or are a bad pilot). I'm not sure - haven't seen the trailer yet and am just catching up on this news.

BigDug13

Previously in the game it would not allow you to get too close to any planetary surface so your ship would automatically stay a bit above the surface.

I'm guessing low flight mode will let you fly a lot closer to the actual surface of the planet, maybe even allowing you to crash it if you want (or are a bad pilot). I'm not sure - haven't seen the trailer yet and am just catching up on this news.

Still doesn't let you fly under the arches on those planets that have rock formations like a big snake which is weird. But you can damage your ship on surface things now.

mokeyjoe

You can fly right down to like a foot above the surface. It still doesn't like you flying under arches though. I guess it's the way the engine interprets 'surface'.

Top Bottom