• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

Falifax

wM7qOOW.jpg

gqOzOIS.jpg

Simo

Double post incoming but seems to be allowed and just wanted to post something before heading to work. lol

I'm still in my first system. It has 5 planets and a space station so I wanted to explore the entire system before leaving.

This is me leaving my first planet for the first time, which blew my mind just how fucking cool it was to just get in your ship and punch it to space. Then I see this fleet in orbit...
28818324941_467751726c_o.png

Then I found my second planet to explore which I thought was cool considering you could see that the majority of it was covered in water with very little landmass. The surface did look almost as beautiful as my starter planet but unfortunately the air was more toxic with radiation and as such had also spawned some predators on the surface. lol
28818329321_3140ea914b_o.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Remember, people, please, read the thread rules, especially the bolded:

1. Two screenshots per post, and two consecutive posts permitted.

2. No triple posting, please avoid this!

3. Multiple images can be posted if using links only, instead of [IMG] tags....com/9/8770/28817225711_7b6eed72e3_o.png[/IMG]

Simo

So last night I found the fourth planet in my system and "crash landed" on it. A shithole basically. No life, barren as hell with some resources and the toxic winds so harsh that it wastes away my enviro suit in less than a minute.

So I had to trek across trying to find any resources I could to fix my ship as well as shelter and/or hopefully some aliens to trade with...
28818336861_e886352d1a_o.png

....but along my trek I came across this...thing. The interaction with it was neat as hell and that's where I called it a day since I have to go to work. :(
28818333411_a0e3d66c94_o.png

theWB27

I've found 5 of these gold deposits in 15 minutes on this planet. Time to settle for a bit
7EewFLu.jpg

These animals have lights on them

7XF2Kca.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Two more shots from the same moon orbiting my starter planet, this time at night (with my starter planet in the background):

28817210331_490ef84daf_o.png

28277291723_d8a4d5fa84_o.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Jumped to a new system with 5 planets. I ended up going back to my starting system because I really wanted to explore my starter planet and moons some more, but I'm looking forward to heading here again eventually.

28861425826_d07d9514f0_o.png

Found a cool tiny cave that eventually opened up on the other end:

28787855732_25b8297db6_o.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
One of the planets in the new system. Toxic environment and some very interesting geography. These shots are same planet during the evening and the day:

28787854542_e6d3d2d12c_o.png

I'll try and come up with a name later.

28892409285_eb1cb43b96_o.png

I was on the fence of the game. I thought I would enjoy it but still had reservations. These pictures have sold me. I just want to go and explore the planets and my own galaxies.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My wife started a new game on her other PSN account, because she hated her starter planet on her main PSN account. lol. Her new starter planet is much, much nicer, and not a barren rock. She hasn't taken any screenshots, and doesn't have a GAF account anyway.

Here are two more shots of the new planet I discovered in my second star system. It has such weird architecture. I'm looking forward to heading back to this system and exploring once I'm done in my starter system.

View from space:

28817187341_dcc58069d6_o.png

On the surface at night:

28817186141_cf421eba6f_o.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Another shot during the day. Those weird rectangular formations are great:

28817184781_2483f93e89_o.png

Back home at my starter planet for some unfinished business!

28861415466_47487abab0_o.png

These are the last of my screenshots for now. Tonight I'm going to take a lot more, including wildlife during my stream tonight, and I'll upload those tomorrow.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Actually I found two more of one of the moons orbiting my starter planet:

Day and Night shots the second one showing a little lake I swam in. Very shallow, though.

28817203661_a9f470ae63_o.png

28274918164_cdddeefd8f_o.png

A couple not-enormous pics (going to set up my PS4 per the OP's instructions tonight) from my starter planet - soaked in reds and with a MASSIVE neighbor.

yDtSg7.jpg

it1UZP.jpg

I finally hooked up a Twitter account so I could upload some shots. I didn't know this, but if you upload a PNG and then replace "jpg" with "png" when viewing on Twitter, you can get the original image. Cool.

So anyway, this was my starting world. A dusty, brutal kind of world, but beautiful in a way.
Af4V9VS.png

This is the space station in my starting system. I don't know if this is a common size (I remember most of them in the pre-release footage being smaller), but it seemed pretty huge to me. Oddlly, it's the same size on the inside...
sVDk2mh.png

btw, how are some of you taking shots without any HUD?

This is the second world I visited, a toxic but colorful world with many lakes. Both very pretty but quite deadly, leading me to name it my favorite name so far, Wowouch.

The pretty side
yroD8Rq.png

The deadly side (I elected to avoid this cave, for obvious reasons)
MndcZrQ.png

Razmos

JzYpwVP.jpg

My starting planet, all snowy, lots of animals, the occasional murderous plant. Lots of points of interest

9mjnXLk.jpg

My second planet, acid rain and the occasional body of water.

My third planet is mostly water with a few islands with barely anything on it, and it's the first time I encounteted hostile life and died lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My starting planet. Hot-ish, rocky, with some rather odd flora and fauna. Nothing remarkable, but I like it.

(Sorry about FB quality. Doing the USB transfer thing is so damn slow since I don't own a USB3 stick.)

nms_1phx7f.jpg

nms_2znbrx.jpg

My starting planet was cool it had a toxic atmosphere that made for an interesting introduction to No Man's Sky but the coolest part was the wildlife.
28907424485_afde02dca7_o.png

28292012723_c2078e238c_o.png

Top Bottom