• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA bringing over a star from the east!

MisterHero

Masked Man said:
I thought that article was about EB on the VC...? Perhaps we're thinking of different articles. :D

Regardless, though, I can understand what you're saying: it's kind of a butting of heads in which neither party really wants to back down. Nintendo naturally doesn't want to have to pay any sorts of expenditures in terms of copyrights and--more importantly--doesn't want to risk any lawsuits. On the other side, NCL (or someone) doesn't want to tarnish the integrity of the original, so to speak, so any changes that would make the game suitable for US release are verboten.

I do hold out hope for more localizations, though, thanks to Starfy. Maybe we'll see Takamaru make a comeback! ;)
Captain Rainbow plz lolz... Seriously, though, I want it.
While I implied Mother 3, it probably does apply to EB even more (I stand somewhat corrected). :p Someone probably didn't realize the risks with EarthBound until long after it was released.

Yeah while their isn't apparent legal issues with Mother 3, it's possible content would still end up being changed for the US audience.

I want to play Captain Rainbow as well. :lol

Top Bottom