• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA bringing over a star from the east!

Delio

EXCITEBOTS seems to be another Racer in the Vein of Excitetruck and Excitebike. It mentions tricks being a major part of this and wii wheel support. I really hope it's not shovelware but hey EXCITE.

bumpkin

How about bringing over the new Another Code/Trace Memory? Or is it purely speculation at this point that they aren't bringing that to the states? I haven't really been following.

Bearing in mind of course that I haven't looked at the link, just the OP.

Sadist

Delio said:
EXCITEBOTS seems to be another Racer in the Vein of Excitetruck and Excitebike. It mentions tricks being a major part of this and wii wheel support. I really hope it's not shovelware but hey EXCITE.
Please be EXCITING, please be EXCITING...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Reading the description of EXCITEBOTS reminds me of Unirally/Uniracers. I hope I'm not setting myself up for some massive disappointment in that psychological link.

CoolS

Delio said:

And it also mentions changing environments!

swerve

Lack of Wii Sports Resort means either Iwata-san will reveal it at GDC or at the presser afterwards... or it's slip slip slipping....

Andrex said:
Yeah were's all your bitching about NoA now? HUH???
Starfy is a baby game, where the fuck is Card Hero, where the fuck is Soma Bringer, where the fuck is Mother 3, where the fuck is Disaster, where the fuck is Fatal Frame, where the fuck is Trace Memory 2, where the fuck are all the VC games, where the fuck is my storage solution that was promised?

Jme

From the Press Release regarding Excitebots
Press Release said:
Excitebots™: Trick Racing has elements that make it one of the more unique racing games on the market. It launches April 20 and lets everyone in the family use the Wii Wheel™ accessory in unique and changing environments, play fun minigames and perform crazy tricks in a game that builds on the Excitebike™ and Excite Truck™ franchises.

Delio

bumpkin said:
How about bringing over the new Another Code/Trace Memory? Or is it purely speculation at this point that they aren't bringing that to the states? I haven't really been following.

Bearing in mind of course that I haven't looked at the link, just the OP.

They dont mention Trace memory which is sad for the people that want it. Honestly the stuff that shocked me was Stafy and EXCITE.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beelzebozo said:
no release date for mario & luigi 3

It'll come. Localization for it's gotta be tough, but it'll come.

Also Swords & Soldiers "coming soon" yay! Not as good as a release date, but with WiiWare at least it's something!

CiSTM

Banned
!!!

So many good games. I hope NoE is taking up notes.

• Swords & Soldiers, developed and published by Ronimo Games: Swords & Soldiers is a side-scrolling real-time strategy game, in which three distinct factions battle for the powers of the gods. The goal is to destroy the enemies' castle on the other end of the level, while protecting your own. This can be done by training powerful units or casting devastating spells. The game will feature a single-player campaign and a competitive split-screen multiplayer mode as well as several other game modes.

Sounds interesting.

Edit: And looks interesting O_O Why the hell this is the first time I've heard of this game :lol

Jme

Segata Sanshiro said:
Starfy is a baby game, where the fuck is Card Hero, where the fuck is Soma Bringer, where the fuck is Mother 3, where the fuck is Disaster, where the fuck is Fatal Frame, where the fuck is Trace Memory 2, where the fuck are all the VC games, where the fuck is my storage solution that was promised?

My parade... it's all rained upon...

Delio

Segata Sanshiro said:

Does kinda take any happiness out of this press release. Really sucks :/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is Tiger Woods launching on all systems in June, or is the Wii version getting an exclusive window?

Oh and still eff NoA for horrid localizing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Segata Sanshiro said:
Starfy is a baby game, where the fuck is Card Hero

Dunno, I'd like to see that too though.

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck is Soma Bringer

Not that NoA is without blame for not bringing this over, but c'mon, there's more than enough other RPGs on the DS.

Who knows, though, it may come over in the future (as Stafy shows.)

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck is Mother 3

GBA's long dead, dude.

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck is Disaster

Where the fuck were the strong Euro sales that was supposed to convince them? Game bombed everywhere.

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck is Fatal Frame

I'm almost 100% certain this is coming, just not from Nintendo.

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck is Trace Memory 2

Same as above.

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck are all the VC games

Which VC games?

Segata Sanshiro said:
where the fuck is my storage solution that was promised?

Spring ain't over yet.

schuelma

Oh and why does Japan get Metroid Prime Wiimake in February and the U.S still not have a release date??

Andrex said:
Dunno, I'd like to see that too though.

Not that NoA is without blame for not bringing this over, but c'mon, there's more than enough other RPGs on the DS.

Who knows, though, it may come over in the future (as Stafy shows.)

GBA's long dead, dude.

Where the fuck were the strong Euro sales that was supposed to convince them? Game bombed everywhere.

I'm almost 100% certain this is coming, just not from Nintendo.

Same as above.

Which VC games?

Spring ain't over yet.
Ah, you're defending this stuff. Cute. You really are the N-Squad's answer to a question no one ever asked, aren't you?

Excite = Whoo! But the name is pretty weak.

It's nearly March and they've finally announced a few games for May and June. Sure, one is the third NPC by the time Japan's had seven, and the other is most likely a DS Starfy title they should've localized years ago, but well done!

I don't expect the localizations to be finished overnight, but I hope there's some Another Code and Mario & Luigi love at E3.

Azure J

And here I started to expect Nazo no Muramejou or Panel de Pon on VC. Either way though, Stafy & EXCITEEEE made my day.

schuelma

Oh and bravo Nintendo for your big enveiling of Excitebots!

A mention in a P.R when the game is out in less than two months.

Way to build hype

Delio

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, EXCITE should be awesome, so that's one more Wii game from Nintendo than I was expecting to care about this year.

Heh you're right. EXCITE is enough to get me excited (oh ho ho ho). Hopefully more things are announced at E3 maybe. This Press Release did come out of nowhere so hopefully we get more games people really want.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Segata Sanshiro said:
Ah, you're defending this stuff. Cute. You really are the N-Squad's answer to a question no one ever asked, aren't you?

I feel I should quote a line from DBZ. I won't, though.

botticus

Didn't really ever expect to see a Starfy game here at this point. Hopefully EXCITE is worthy of being released on my birthday.

Also, good lord, Atlus.

Rlan

God, it took for fucking-EVER to release a Stafy game.

Why no Mother huh huh huh?

punchout.jpg

Haunted

The next EXCITE game is coming out April 20th? woah

52 days from announcement to release must be a fucking record.

Love that Punch-Out boxart.

Top Bottom