• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noah Hawley Developing Doctor Doom Movie for Fox

After Deadpool and then Logan, Fox might finally be learnin something, bah gawd Hawley give me DOOM.

I still have no faith in that Dark Phoenix movie though

and Gambit but that's never happening, NEVAH.

God I can't stand modern Marvel. They're truly a parody of themselves. They reboot every five minutes, wipe their ass with continuity, and keep the characters trapped in an endless vortex of movie tie-ins.

They're not failing because of diversity, they're failing because they hate their characters.
Hates a strong word.

Nope, this hype train is staying parked until I see real evidence this'll work. Yes yes, I quite liked Hawley's shows too, but Doom has been screwed up 3 times now, so I'll wait for when a trailer eventually drops or even critic reviews.

inky

Well, no one seems to figure out how to make the F4 (seriously, how fucking hard is it? They are a family. They go on incredible/impossible adventures --And no, I love The Incredibles, but they are not the F4) so fuck it, just do Books of Doom. I'm game.

With fox it could go either way. A GOAT like Logan tho and also Deadpool could bode well for this one. Giving the guy real creative freedom with doctor doom could lead to something pretty cool.

Wonder who directs tho. Would have to be somebody who is a good fit but also capable to rein in some of hawleys quirks

Prompto

Banned
With fox it could go either way. A GOAT like Logan tho and also Deadpool could bode well for this one. Giving the guy real creative freedom with doctor doom could lead to something pretty cool.

Wonder who directs tho. Would have to be somebody who is a good fit but also capable to rein in some of hawleys quirks
Hollywood Reporter is saying Hawley wants to direct it himself.

AlexBasch

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

MM8wfPo.png

Whatcha thinkin' Pai Pai

Cautiously optimistic. Doctor Doom is a difficult character to get right and I don't even know if he works without the context of the Fantastic Four and the rest of the Marvel universe. But even if it's far removed from everything I want Doom to be associated with, Hawley will probably make a fucking really interesting movie out of him. He absolutely made Legion work without Professor X and the X-Men and that's something I didn't believe was possible.

kurahador

After Deadpool and then Logan, Fox might finally be learnin something, bah gawd Hawley give me DOOM.

Weird how people keep mentioning Deadpool and Logan --- both of which were a passion project of its director and actor, and yet forgot the travesty that is Apocalypse.

duckroll

Cast Jude Law.

Cautiously optimistic. Doctor Doom is a difficult character to get right and I don't even know if he works without the context of the Fantastic Four and the rest of the Marvel universe. But even if it's far removed from everything I want Doom to be associated with, Hawley will probably make a fucking really interesting movie out of him. He absolutely made Legion work without Professor X and the X-Men and that's something I didn't believe was possible.

Brubaker's Books of Doom was a pretty good solo take.

Prompto

Banned
Weird how people keep mentioning Deadpool and Logan ---both of which were a passion project of its director and actor, and yet forgot the travesty that is Apocalypse.
Apocalypse was written by Simon Kinberg. This won't be. It's as simple as that.

Weird how people keep mentioning Deadpool and Logan ---both of which were a passion project of its director and actor, and yet forgot the travesty that is Apocalypse.

That clearly wasn't a passion project for the people involved. Just a sequel to work on after the success of dofp

And dark Phoenix will be awful with just kinberg on his own. Next level

I like it

Apocalypse was written by Simon Kinberg. This won't be. It's as simple as that.

Kinberg also had his hands on Fantastic Four. I'll give him DOFP; maybe there was enough brainstorming left over from First Class that it turned out really well. But no real faith in Dark Phoenix.

Fury451

Banned
I liked Fargo and Legion a lot, but Fargo is really inconsistent. Tempered expectations but I guess it's a step the right way.

Prompto

Banned
Kinberg also had his hands on Fantastic Four. I'll give him DOFP; maybe there was enough brainstorming left over from First Class that it turned out really well. But no real faith in Dark Phoenix.
I'll be surprised if Dark Phoenix is even better than Apocalypse

duckroll

And I can absolutely see Hawley using that as his basis. It's probably the ONLY way to go. But it's hard for me to love Doom without Richards being there.

Why wouldn't Richards be there though? It doesn't need to be ABOUT the Fantastic Four to have some of the characters play a part in the story.

After that recent thread about Doom convinced me that he is the best villain and one of the most fascinating characters in Marvel's roster, I'm really excited for this.

After Deadpool and Logan, why are we treating Fox like it's Sony?

That's one way to circumvent having to make a good FF movie cause that code has not been cracked by anyone except Pixar. Definitely okay with this take - should be interesting to follow.

Seriously though, Doom is probably my least favorite part of Fantastic 4. He's just such a boring villain to me. Give me Kang, Galactus, Mole Man... anybody. Maybe I'm just bitter that we may never see a good depiction of Silver Surfer.

Haha, this is one great bit of news to wake up to.
Look like we're not gonna get the family friendly adventure film I was hoping for but hey, I can't say no to Noah Hawley.

I could totally see him going the Triumph and Torment route.

Now, Noah, my man, just one thing: you better give us a goddamn awesome Doom costume!

Top Bottom