• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North Thread

*phone rings*

"Hi, this is Nolan."
"*heavy breathing*"
"Hello? Excuse me, but who is this?"
"...belieeeeeeeve..."
"What?"
"i just... your role... drake... feeding your family... magnificent..."
"Goddamn it, is it you freaks again? I told you, I'm calling the cops."

Solo

Dont know if I agree or not, but Ill take North any day over David Hayter, who I havent been able to stand since MGS2.

sohois

I find the comments about North's ubiquity to be somewhat peculiar. There are a small core of Videogame VAs who appear in pretty much every game and Nolan North just happens to be one of them. He's easily capable of doing non Drake voices in games, i cant see why everyone is so annoyed by it. I mean, where are all the complaints about Jennifer Hale or Fred Tatasciore, to name 2 i see in every credit roll?

vehn said:
Anyone else think that the person who named Desmond Miles from AC was a LOST fan? Both are the first names of major characters in LOST
Patrice Désilets + Jade Raymond.
Patrice Désilets + Jade Raymond.
Des...mond. No?

Vinci said:
There are occasionally threads on GAF that make me worry about you guys...

Occasionally?

Great voice actor, creepy thread.

EmCeeGramr said:
*phone rings*

"Hi, this is Nolan."
"*heavy breathing*"
"...belieeeeeeeve..."
"What?"

:lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EmCeeGramr said:
*phone rings*

"Hi, this is Nolan."
"*heavy breathing*"
"...belieeeeeeeve..."
"What?"

:lol

stupei

The contrasting reaction to Nolan North being everywhere and Johnny Yong Bosch being everywhere is amusing. Pretty sure he got a thread at one point too, though it was not this effusive. :lol

Dennis

Banned
ExtraKr1spy said:
Natalie Portman dude would say this is stalkerish j/k :lol

I thought Nolan North was the main male character from that show Castle but I guess not
About that, has Fistfull been unbanned yet?

I miss him, he should hurry up and pony up that 50$ for Evilore.

Desi

AAK said:
Meh, he wasn't in FFXII, automatically disqualified from being the best.
I know, it would be so cool if he was Vossler aka Bossler the big heezy. oh wait ctrl + F! OH SHIT SON

Oli

I only own one game with him in it. Is that humanly possible? I'm sure he'll start popping up in my library more often sooner or later.

diss

Banned
They should make a game where he plays every character. But instead of doing different voices everyone should sound like Nathan Drake.

diss said:
They should make a game where he plays every character. But instead of doing different voices everyone should sound like Nathan Drake.
Yes. They can call it "The Nolan North Experience."

-viper-

Banned
his voice is awesome in Uncharted as Drake.

But OH MY GOD Nathan Drake is in Dark Void too. He's every-fucking-where. He felt so out of place in Dark Void.

The Princess Bride Game (2008) .... Grandpa

There's a Princess Bride game?!

...is it good?

Did anyone else picture a Silent Hill-esque game with Bronson, Missouri as the setting?

I just started playing through Prince of Persia and I'm about to the point of wishing this guy was homeless, begging on the street just so that I can decide not to give him spare change.

Gooboo

I actually cast him in two of the games (TY 2 and TY 3) - he does some great character stuff. Pity people just get him to do average likable American guy for everything. Ratchet and Clank put him to good use at least.

Gooboo said:
I actually cast him in two of the games (TY 2 and TY 3) - he does some great character stuff. Pity people just get him to do average likable American guy for everything. Ratchet and Clank put him to good use at least.

Ratchet is a good example of the range Nolan can do. I had no idea he was Sigmund till I saw his name in the credits.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
EmCeeGramr said:
*phone rings*

"Hi, this is Nolan."
"*heavy breathing*"
"...belieeeeeeeve..."
"What?"
NeoCharted: A forum about ,The greatest title ever, Uncharted and other not as great videogames(But we keep them around for sales data)

Gravijah said:
what is firefly
2s8plpk.jpg

Top Bottom