• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North Thread

Jtrizzy

He voices random bad guys in Arkham City, just started that yesterday. I think he may be joined by the bald white guy from the Wire "Herc" as random bad guy #2. I feel like he's in every game I play at this point...I started Skyrim tonight, and I keep thinking I hear him now.

Listen to his demo reel (or any of his non-Drake-voice performances) and you'll see that quality = quality.

I'm playing through the first Uncharted right now and I have quite a few of the games on that list, and damned if I can remember what his voice sounds like.

But if everyone loves him, that's fine. He's just not distinctive enough for me.

rvy

Banned
6876.jpg

That's so Nathan Drake IRL.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He voices random bad guys in Arkham City, just started that yesterday. I think he may be joined by the bald white guy from the Wire "Herc" as random bad guy #2. I feel like he's in every game I play at this point...I started Skyrim tonight, and I keep thinking I hear him now.

Did you know he was Penguin? I had no idea.

Contractors get 3 voices for the standard rate. So in any game where he plays a role, you're likely to see him voice at least two more characters/roles...even where he plays a lead role.

He's definitely in games where you don't even recognize him. He's incredibly versatile. He actually is an awesome voice actor. Actually, based on Uncharted, I'm comfortable saying he's a pretty good actor period.

Loxley

Did you know he was Penguin? I had no idea.

Contractors get 3 voices for the standard rate. So in any game where he plays a role, you're likely to see him voice at least two more characters/roles...even where he plays a lead role.

He's definitely in games where you don't even recognize him. He's incredibly versatile. He actually is an awesome voice actor. Actually, based on Uncharted, I'm comfortable saying he's a pretty good actor period.

I think the problem is, ever since the Uncharted series exploded in popularity studios have hired him to basically play Nathan Drake; granted it's because he does that kind of character really well. When I found out he played Penguin in Arkham City I was reminded how versatile he really is. It's just unfortunate that he keeps being hired to play the same character in games that aren't Uncharted (like Dark Void).

Why is there an asterix in the thread title? I mean, it is factually true that he is the greatest.

I know, I need to get it edited. Originally I had a jokey subtitle but since then I've made the whole OP more serious.

If a mod could change it to Nolan North |OT|, or some such, I'd appreciate it.

Top Bottom