• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North Thread

Mr. Spinnington said:
2s8plpk.jpg
Micky Rourke is the very definition of 'badass'.

Tamanon said:
So he takes the non-RPGs and then Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Yong Bosch just split the RPGs then?

Actually it's more like he does non-Japanese games and the other two do Japanese games.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gooboo said:
I actually cast him in two of the games (TY 2 and TY 3) - he does some great character stuff. Pity people just get him to do average likable American guy for everything. Ratchet and Clank put him to good use at least.

Making him a broish German Chicken would be so awesome.

Yeah I've been falling down on the job. I'll put some work into it tonight.

(To be honest I started this thread as a joke, now I see I'll be updating it for the rest of my natural life)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Neuromancer said:

(To be honest I started this thread as a joke, now I see I'll be updating it for the rest of my natural life)
It's only getting worse. :lol

Here's an incomplete 2010 listing so far.

-Trauma Team (CR-S01)
-Resonance of Fate (Vashyron)
-Guild Wars 2 (Male Human Players)
-Supreme Commander 2 (Dominic Maddox)
-Singularity (Devlin)

John

Man, I remember a four-day stretch where my brothers and I went through Call of Duty 2, Army of Two II, Resonance of Fate, and Dark Void... it was hell.

Nolan's a couple other voices in Crackdown 2, too. He's definitely some of the civilian voices, and another one of the characters in the audio logs is him, too (I just don't remember if he's the whistleblower or someone else).

V_Ben

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Nolan's a couple other voices in Crackdown 2, too. He's definitely some of the civilian voices, and another one of the characters in the audio logs is him, too (I just don't remember if he's the whistleblower or someone else).

Aren't 2 of the audio log characters Nolan North? Or am I just crazy.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Neuromancer said:

May I humbly suggest that you change "gameology" to "gameography." For maximum correctness!

(p.s. Hayter sucks, Legacy of Kain rules, Nolan's pretty good, that mafia clip looked terrible)

YYZ

Holy shit, all this time I thought Nathan Fillion was the voice of Drake. I thought the OP posted wrong pictures or he looked different. I thought I went crazy there.

Thanks for all the updates guys. As you can see this is a daunting task. I need all the help I can get.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
May I humbly suggest that you change "gameology" to "gameography." For maximum correctness!
Good point...

I AM JOHN! said:

No, the Whistleblower is Bumper Robinson. Nolan is the Vole (one of the freaks) but you can't tell its him from the voice. He isn't any of the civilians.

EDIT: Nolan is also "the Producer" in SceneIt? and SceneIt: Box Office Smash.

The dude dubbing Nathan Drake in French, is the same that is dubbing Salem in Army of Two.

AND IT'S THE SAME FOR THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS :O

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I can confirm that Nolan North reprises his role of Nathan Drake in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

I remember when I was a kid he was on a soap opera (General Hospital, specifically) that my mom and dad watched the hell out of, LOL.

Never once did I think, "Man, that guy is gonna be an awesome voice actor in a bunch of games I play".

d0c_zaius

Nolan North is a real cool dude.

I got a chance to talk to him and he'll just talk to you like a normal guy. He comes off as really humble, not really understanding why people appreciate his style. He'll start going into VO's from games randomly like Rainman, saying "spaaaaace" or talking like the penguin.

Not really trying to come off as a plug for his book, but it'll be really great, especially for people looking to see some insights into the making of U3.

He totally needs to do an evil, fucked up badguy in some game.

Top Bottom