• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Diablos said:
It would be so unbelievably epic if one of the GAF mods ended up being a joke character. :lol

Yeah, like what if one of them made threads about doing drugs and drunk driving all the time and made up a crazy story about how they beat up their mom to watch South Park. That'd be hilarious.

Tarazet said:
Interesting to see I'm not mentioned. I guess I'm too genuine to be unbelievable?

if you were a joke, would you post in this thread? I figure any real life joke character would steer clear.

Ceres

Banned
Diablos said:
It would be so unbelievably epic if one of the GAF mods ended up being a joke character. :lol
Well according to some antigaf people the mods created 10k users that are all Sony fanboys.

Whoompthereitis said:
if you were a joke, would you post in this thread? I figure any real life joke character would steer clear.

I'm reading this thread, but am holding back for replying, to some the posts against me(Kai3345). It does not matter what I say. People have made up their mind, so there is no point in debating over this, but I am really surprised, but also a bit concerned.:/

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Man...i think the line between joke and fanboy/entertaining poster have been blurred here....

I mean Futami was real - I met him a Boston bar once....he just had interesting thoughts and like to post them and get people all riled up.

Kitsune - well that was a joke poster with a glorious exit....or a mentally unstable person who had a mental breakdown on the forum....

MAF and Drinky.....not sure what to classify them as...

Opa - well he was real....

Mina - pretty sure she is/was real....though I could never tell even through opa ages...

Gahgiddidy - not sure....

Too bad Catzgirl is gone or something...

tokkun

Aeana said:
I don't see how that makes her a joke mod. That says more about other people wanting to make sexist remarks than her. I'm personally happy to see someone making an attempt to keep this place from turning into a complete boys club.

I think if her moderation style came off as attempting to promote a better level of discourse, you would be right, but I think the reputation she has fostered here is of someone who just goes around hoping for reasons to ban people.

Solaros said:
I take you seriously.

I will try to live up to the high ideal you have set for me.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
also, all this name changing upon migrating or updating your forum name is confusing...I don't know who is who anymore, especially with the increased membership...

<old guy>I mean who the hell are most of people in this thread?<old guy>

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Vigilant Walrus said:
I'm reading this thread, but am holding back for replying, to some the posts against me(Kai3345). It does not matter what I say. People have made up their mind, so there is no point in debating over this, but I am really surprised, but also a bit concerned.:/

For what it's worth, I like you.
I always enjoy your candid and sometimes funny posts, they're much more interesting than most of the stuff I scroll through.

Snuggler said:
For what it's worth, I like you.
I always enjoy your candid and sometimes funny posts, they're much more interesting than most of the stuff I scroll through.

Ahhh! Jeff's about to be eaten by a Metroid! Run away Jeff! Jump in the water to get away if you have to!

Snuggler said:
Shame on you.

Sorry. Honestly, I'd never heard of Jeff Buckey (which is weird, 'cuz I'm a music nerd) until I read something you'd posted. Checked him out, and now I call myself a fan. Such a beautiful voice.

Forgive me?

edgefusion

Whoompthereitis said:
Sorry. Honestly, I'd never heard of Jeff Buckey (which is weird, 'cuz I'm a music nerd) until I read something you'd posted. Checked him out, and now I call myself a fan. Such a beautiful voice.

Forgive me?

Oh hey, I came in here to post about you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Whoompthereitis said:
Forgive me?

Nope. I hate you forever now.

For longest time I thought that was Sam Rockwell in your avatar.

If you check out some other pics of him, you'll see he bears a resemblance to James Franco.
At least in some pics. After googling it I'm not as sure about that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Whoompthereitis said:
Damn. No snuggles for me. I'm still gonna be fan of you though. Your my favorite Michigan-based hotel employee by a long shot.

Heh. You are one of my top men on GAF, I enjoy your humor and sassiness. Plus funk is some good shit.

Equus Bellator Apex said:
I like Whoompthereitis and Snuggler because they don't feel the need to like flap around like idiots to get their points across.

I respect them for that.
I do that naturally thank you very much.

Equus Bellator Apex said:
I like Whoompthereitis and Snuggler because they don't feel the need to like flap around like idiots to get their points across.

I respect them for that.

I like you because when I say your user name out loud it makes me sound smart.

Vigilant Walrus said:
20fsw8z.jpg

Wallach

beelzebozo said:
i frequently disagree with amirox, but scurrying off to a facsimile of this place so you can gossip and trash him is gutless.

Haha, that's pretty much how every "almost NeoGAF" site has started. Fuckin' asshole banned me because I am a shitcock...! I'll show him! By hiding over here where he can't see!

Actually showing way too much interest in something I don't really care about. Don't want to be put on a shitlist as MMAGAF is the only mma community I can actually stomach!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Wallach said:
Haha, that's pretty much how every "almost NeoGAF" site has started. Fuckin' asshole banned me because I am a shitcock...! I'll show him! By hiding over here where he can't see!

Oh he knows about them and used to post in the oldest one and recently posted in the middling one. Don't get it twisted, people on the other side will throw insults in his presence or outside of it... its not like he's Lord of the Internets.

Wallach

BamYouHaveAids said:
As if mods aren't aware (or have accounts at) of all of the sites and all bannings here are justified. I like how you act as if someone is able to levy criticism against the tow without being at risk for banning, also.

The fuck does that even mean? People levy criticism against the moderation here all the time and aren't banned for it. I've fucking done it and when I did it I did so directly at EviLore personally and I'm still here.

I didn't say they weren't "aware" or were not posting at those other sites. I'm saying that's how they start in the first place.

Salazar

Hitokage said:
Then you probably bore him to death.

Asymmetrical relations do tend in that direction.

GAF, like any medieval French village, needs carnival: a periodical complication of hierarchies. A day when Amir0x is dunce in name as well as fact.

Wallach

Salazar said:

GAF, like any medieval French village, needs carnival: a periodical complication of hierarchies. A day when Amir0x is dunce in name as well as fact.

I think he'd enjoy that too much.

Narag

Salazar said:

Didn't we have that with the werewolf cock thread? I felt bad about how judgemental some were in regards to his creative endeavor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom