• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious joke characters of GAF past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

ReiGun said:
Why would he get banned for being a part of the Rock Band community?

Well, EviLore had enough of that "plastic guitar" shit and banned everyone that ever posted in the Rock Band thread.

Hm... wait, that may not have happened.

Equus Bellator Apex said:
I'm convinced that I'll never understand NeoGAF.
And now GAF college is complete.

You'll find unnecessary itching to the left, and cheetoes snorting contests to the right.

Enjoy your stay in the Carnival of Stupid.

pwn3d

does anyone remember that libertarian girl with big forehead, who threatened to sue the site? I think she was friends with opa too.

HiResDes

Yeah I think they the RB community went a little too far...I mean in comparison the Street Fighter community on Gaf is nearly as big, and yet ceases to cause a fraction of the disruption.

Narag

Salazar said:
When I google that name and GAF, I just see banned, banned, banned. It's like Odysseus' visit to the underworld. They implore me, but I must walk on.

:(

chapel

Banned
There is a reason why I haven't posted on gaf much if at all. I really have no ties here, I don't mind the community, lots of great people, but I am not a fan of the management and their decisions. I am not going to break the rules, or blatantly spam (even if you think this is spamming, every link has been for a purpose and related to the thread in one way or another). Give me other sources of that info, and I would have posted those. I am pretty much done with gaf, so consider this my last post. If I don't get banned (which it looks like I'm not going to) I have probably one or two posts left in me but that will be in the halogaf community.

Hikotage, I really don't see how laughing in a chatroom really warrants a ban. You might as well spy on everyone, and ban them if they say anything negative. Seriously? You have to admit evilore had a hardon for rbgaf and wanted to purge them, so he found a reason. Defend them all you want, but only one or two of those bans were justified.

Its his site, whatever, he can do what he wants. But you don't have to give him money. You figure out what that means.

Okay, I am done shitting up this thread. I love you salva, we miss you. I know you can't live without your precious gaf, and feel I am shitting it up, but you know what, if the mods here deemed me as spamming, I would be banned already. Prove me wrong!

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
chapel said:
There is a reason why I haven't posted on gaf much if at all. I really have no ties here, I don't mind the community, lots of great people, but I am not a fan of the management and their decisions. I am not going to break the rules, or blatantly spam (even if you think this is spamming, every link has been for a purpose and related to the thread in one way or another). Give me other sources of that info, and I would have posted those. I am pretty much done with gaf, so consider this my last post. If I don't get banned (which it looks like I'm not going to) I have probably one or two posts left in me but that will be in the halogaf community.

Hikotage, I really don't see how laughing in a chatroom really warrants a ban. You might as well spy on everyone, and ban them if they say anything negative. Seriously? You have to admit evilore had a hardon for rbgaf and wanted to purge them, so he found a reason. Defend them all you want, but only one or two of those bans were justified.

Its his site, whatever, he can do what he wants. But you don't have to give him money. You figure out what that means.

Okay, I am done shitting up this thread. I love you salva, we miss you. I know you can't live without your precious gaf, and feel I am shitting it up, but you know what, if the mods here deemed me as spamming, I would be banned already. Prove me wrong!

lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
chapel said:

If you're still here obviously they don't think you were breaking the rules or doing anything wrong. This post, however, might be a bit over the top.

chapel said:

i'm trying to figure out if this post was necessary or not.

Equus Bellator Apex

Thunder Monkey said:
And now GAF college is complete.

You'll find unnecessary itching to the left, and cheetoes snorting contests to the right.

Enjoy your stay in the Carnival of Stupid.
I'm thinking about staying and getting my Masters in Fapping.

chapel said:

I don't get people like this. Reminds me of all those lame youtube life bloggers who create cliques and stir up drama with random people for no reason. I guess it's the reason the "Internet: serious business" meme got started. People take shit to seriously, and too personally.

Rorschach

chapel said:

:lol Guy wanted to be martyr hero for his little forum, but didn't get the ban or attention he wanted. :(

Didn't EviLore give the option to move the thread to the OF? You guys are such babies. Get over it already. At least you got your little spin-off forum out of it.

Yasae

Banned
I got banned for saying I wasn't going to buy a game I had already played a demo of - and therefore, had expectations of. Risen.

Yasae said:
But unless [the combat] changes completely, I'm not going to like it.

I really can't afford it anyway atm. If there's a sale in the future and it drops to twenty bucks, I could overlook the combat.
EviLore said:
Leave thread.
Doesn't take much.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
spindashing said:
WTF. WYL is FREAKY. I never saw a GAF copy like this so excuse my astonishment. IT'S LIKE ... GAF is Superman and this shit is Bizarro.

When it first started, it was more of a copy. It's several months old now, and definitely taken on a new direction. I can safely say that WYL has taken the bulk of all my internet surfing where GAF used to.

Salazar

Alfarif said:
When it first started, it was more of a copy. It's several months old now, and definitely taken on a new direction. I can safely say that WYL has taken the bulk of all my internet surfing where GAF used to.

I've seen this attitude when a discount supermarket opens up in town.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This thread had a good run.

Congrats to everyone bringing up WYL for ruining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom