• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Recall

one of my personal top 5 matches of the year.

It's not in my top 5 but it was certainly excellent. Omega has had one hell of a 2016.

I'm really going to have to scour through what I've seen this year as its only been WWE with a some sprinkle of NJPW but Okada vs Ishii from G1 Climax is still sat in my number 1 spot.

Hasney

TrumpNash couldn't draw ten pennies, let alone a dime. Sad!

What about TrumpWWE and their $8 million to Trump. How much have they drawn?

tumblr_m9wlaobtrp1r3293bzx.gif

Man wears a t-shirt for reactions despite being a card carrying democrat since 1978 and works motherfuckers.

165%20-%20edge%20gif%20no_way_out%20wwe.gif

Just remembered that they actually had Sasha do the Three Amigos and the Frog Splash last night.

Just have Charlotte say Eddie's in hell already so the Eddieploitation can reach full levels again.
Idk why this is funny to me. But I was thinking about when Mark beat up Rey and Chavo, Mark ad-libbing, "Yeah, if your boy Eddie were here, he'd get it too." 😂 Vince was a savage with this shit.

Recall

Just remembered that they actually had Sasha do the Three Amigos and the Frog Splash last night.

Just have Charlotte say Eddie's in hell already so the Eddieploitation can reach full levels again.

I'm pretty sure no one made her do anything. I'm very sure things like that are down to Sasha herself. It was a perfect moment to really sell the back but it was a missed opportunity.

Recall

Also, special credit to Trent Acid for being nuts enough to take that (it was an attempted double 450 haha).

I used to really dig Trent Acid as a wrestler. His ROH run wasn't all that but his feud against Homicide was godly across all the indies and his matches against B-Boy were excellent too in CZW.

I like how he delivered the Yakuza kick a lot.

No surprise there either. Vickie got out as soon as she possibly could and never stopped running. If she ever has the nerve to come back, Steph will hit her with the frog splash and get her win back

I'm pretty sure no one made her do anything. I'm very sure things like that are down to Sasha herself. It was a perfect moment to really sell the back but it was a missed opportunity.
Maybe not the actual moves which would be Sasha's choice, but WWE are the ones scripting the constant references to him every goddamn week which had to lead to her pulling this move out in the first place. It's terrible pandering that needs to stop. But November marks the 11th anniversary of his death so it's probably just gonna increase.

Idk why this is funny to me. But I was thinking about when Mark beat up Rey and Chavo, Mark ad-libbing, "Yeah, if your boy Eddie were here, he'd get it too." 😂 Vince was a savage with this shit.
Goddamn.

But at least with those two, there's a connection. Chavo was his nephew, Rey one of his best friends. Sasha is just a fan of Eddie who never even met him.

Nekofrog

Banned
Hope owens can start a feud with someone who hasn't been in the title picture constantly (rollins) or the Jericho relationship can start to tilt into an antagonizing direction soon. So tired of defaulting to shield members as contenders

I used to really dig Trent Acid as a wrestler. His ROH run wasn't all that but his feud against Homicide was godly across all the indies and his matches against B-Boy were excellent too in CZW.

I like how he delivered the Yakuza kick a lot.

Trent was pretty underrated, could play a great character as well (his priest gimmick in JCW was excellent), but he was his own worst enemy. Loved the Homicide feud as well, the Acid vs Homicide fight without honour was on the very first ROH show I ever saw.

Hasney

Hope owens can start a feud with someone who hasn't been in the title picture constantly (rollins) or the Jericho relationship can start to tilt into an antagonizing direction soon. So tired of defaulting to shield members as contenders

It's why they had to get the cruiserweight title off of TJ. He's stepping up.

:lol

This'll rustle some jimmies, Meltz has admitted he DOES have bias when it comes to wwf/njpw.

In favour of wwf

vNrFqxO.png

lol

CMLL - World's oldest promotion, lucha libre.
"http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02 I think on fridays, and streams on youtube too for the Monday and Tuesday shows: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3l..._j4PGXWLNTt4iQ"

you killed my link flammie, you can't copy truncated links, you have to right click copy link location em.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3lOpKjW4_j4PGXWLNTt4iQ

I hope Sashas next feud is with Chavo.
I'd mark out. I miss Chavito 😔
Maybe not the actual moves which would be Sasha's choice, but WWE are the ones scripting the constant references to him every goddamn week which had to lead to her pulling this move out in the first place. It's terrible pandering that needs to stop. But November marks the 11th anniversary of his death so it's probably just gonna increase.

Goddamn.

But at least with those two, there's a connection. Chavo was his nephew, Rey one of his best friends. Sasha is just a fan of Eddie who never even met him.
Man I'm not sure if you actually watched those sds after he died but they tried their best to get that cheap heat by mentioining or making fun of his death.

I'm more surprised they didn't sell those R.I.P Eddie shirts last november for the tenth anniversary.

Recall

This'll rustle some jimmies, Meltz has admitted he DOES have bias when it comes to wwf/njpw.

In favour of wwf

vNrFqxO.png

lol

you killed my link flammie, you can't copy truncated links, you have to right click copy link location em.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3lOpKjW4_j4PGXWLNTt4iQ

And that's why Meltz comes across as a hack at times.

A four star match should be judged against other four stars matches. If it can't compare then it wasn't a four star match to begin with.

I'm very much aware that Tokyo Dome shows are known for their quieter crowds especially way back when but in ring content speaks for itself.

Brian Kendrick is the Crusierweights champion just think about that.

His finisher is called the captains hook

I keep thinking he's going to come out with a plate of fish fingers

And that's why Meltz is a hack.

A four star match should be judged against other four stars matches. If it can't compare then it wasn't a four star match to begin with.

No, arena plays a part. They can make or break a match

Man I'm not sure if you actually watched those sds after he died but they tried their best to get that cheap heat by mentioining or making fun of his death.

I'm more surprised they didn't sell those R.I.P Eddie shirts last november for the tenth anniversary.
I was a little young to really remember how bad the Eddie stuff was at the time it aired. In hindsight it's kind of upsetting for me because I was a huge Mysterio fan loving how he got to win the rumble and the title and of course looking back on it now, certain parts of it are distasteful with the Eddie bits. Plus you know, Rey's reign was shit.

Chavo was my man. That I Quit match with Rey near had me in tears because I legit thought Rey was never coming back. Marked the fuck out when he repaid the favor when he returned, chair and all.

Time for Bobby Roode to get his call up.

Kaladin

My problem with wrestling now is, nothing seems to matter. They protect people with streaks like New Day and now Charlotte. Kevin Owens is protected because you know nothing important is going to happen with that belt without Triple H's involvement.

They now have 4 big PPVs to work for, and instead of working towards them they seem to tread water and give you nothing happening storylines till they can get to the chapter where something can happen. No one expected Rollins to win last night, it was anticlimactic. No one expects New Day to drop the tag belts till they beat Demolition's streak. Now they're protecting Charlotte with the no single losses on a PPV streak making her look like she wins when it matters. Even worse, the weekly shows don't really matter as they're more predictable than they have ever been. I fall asleep to Raw very easily these days.

Over on Smackdown there is some sense of unpredictability, but you know AJ is keeping the belt for a while because they have no one else who can carry that brand.

It's just painfully obvious that they are working to Survivor Series, or the Rumble, or Mania. The plot points inbetween are there, but ultimately not needed.

I was a little young to really remember how bad the Eddie stuff was at the time it aired. In hindsight it's kind of upsetting for me because I was a huge Mysterio fan loving how he got to win the rumble and the title and of course looking back on it now, certain parts of it are distasteful with the Eddie bits. Plus you know, Rey's reign was shit.

Chavo was my man. That I Quit match with Rey near had me in tears because I legit thought Rey was never coming back. Marked the fuck out when he repaid the favor when he returned, chair and all.
ROFL, you were a Rey mark? Wow! I wasn't a Rey mark but I liked him, I thought they did him wrong during that run. It did just what Vince wanted to do, it made me not want to watch him anymore. Then when he went out for an injury in 07 then he comes back in 07 and destroys Chavo, fuck that shit. Really pissed me off.

Recall

I see Owens vs Jericho happening but when I don't know. They've built up the pairing really well and Jericho is a bit on the crazy side.

We all will know something will snap but I'm interested in when and how their match up goes.

Hasney

I'm just glad Rey is great again in Lucha Underground. Surprisingly looking forward to the Loser Leaves the Temple match with him and Chavo.

So Jamie Noble or Billy Kidman should get a title shot? Right?

I wish. Paul London should really. I mean WWE have done more to build up Paul London talking about the tag team reign than they have anyone in the division outside TJ and Kendrick.

Kaladin

I see Owens vs Jericho happening but when I don't know. They've built up the pairing really well and Jericho is a bit on the crazy side.

We all will know something will snap but I'm interested in when and how their match up goes.

It can really go to Mania with a turn at the Rumble or somewhere between the shows.

ROFL, you were a Rey mark? Wow! I wasn't a Rey mark but I liked him, I thought they did him wrong during that run. It did just what Vince wanted to do, it made me not want to watch him anymore. Then when he went out for an injury in 07 then he comes back in 07 and destroys Chavo, fuck that shit. Really pissed me off.
I had the toy, I even stole the mask and gloves from my cousin to wear them. Rey was always insanely cool to me.

He deleted a bunch but there's still a lot of screencaps and Insta stuff easily viewable with even one Google search

CsWYSOMUsAA9fMD.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/_AW53zm3l0/
uffode2.png

Not posting more, it's all gross and deplorable to see. Fuck TJP
Oh wow. Welp. Can't hit the reset button on that. Thanks for the examples.

Heroman

Banned
And that's why Meltz comes across as a hack at times.

I'm very much aware that Tokyo Dome shows are known for their quieter crowds especially way back when but in ring content speaks for itself.
If he did that then wwe would never get 4 star matches.

Kaladin

Travel Packages for Mania are cray as usual:

WRESTLEMANIA 33 TICKET
Orlando Citrus Bowl
Seating – Ringside Rows 1 - 4
Collectible Chair
Sunday, April 2, 2017

EXCLUSIVE RECEPTION WITH WWE SUPERSTARS
Friday, March 31, 2017

WWE HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY TICKET
Amway Center
Seating - Floor
Friday March, 31, 2017

NXT TICKET
Amway Center
Saturday, April 1, 2017

MONDAY NIGHT RAW TICKET
Amway Center
Monday, April 3, 2017

SMACKDOWN LIVE TICKET**
Amway Center
Tuesday, April 4, 2017

WRESTLEMANIA AXXESS TICKETS
Orange County Convention Center
Attend 1 Premium VIP Session and 1 VIP Session
Friday, March 31, 2017 – Sunday, April 2, 2017

PERFORMANCE CENTER EXPERIENCE WITH NXT SUPERSTARS
Exclusive visit to the WWE Performance Center, a state-of-the-art training facility where tomorrow’s Superstars perfect their craft. You will meet NXT Superstars and watch live matches. Lunch and round-trip transportation included.
Monday, April 3, 2017

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT® TICKET **
Enjoy single park admission to either Universal’s Islands of Adventure® or Universal Studios Florida®
ROUND-TRIP COACH TRANSPORTATION FROM HOTEL TO WRESTLEMANIA 33
Sunday, April 2, 2017

EACH PERSON IN THIS GROUP WILL SHARE ONE STANDARD HOTEL ROOM
4-Night Hotel Accommodations
Check-in Friday March 31, 2017
Check-out Tuesday, April 4, 2017

5-Night Hotel Accommodations
Check-in Friday, March 31, 2017
Check-out Wednesday, April 5, 2017

All that is starting at $5,900.

I had the toy, I even stole the mask and gloves from my cousin to wear them. Rey was always insanely cool to me.

Oh wow. Welp. Can't hit the reset button on that. Thanks for the examples.
For the past 4 years they've had this triple pack of orange kane, sin cara, and rey. I'll be sure to relay them to you lol.

qOze0.gif

HAPPY FLIPVEMBER Y'ALL

Well, I just watched the Women's HiaC match, shame that it didn't quite seem to pan out, they don't quite have enough oomph in them to make the chairs and especially tables work, they had some nice ideas as well but it never really clicked.

Member when they blew up Eddies car after he died to further a Orton/Undertaker feud?

The whole explosion was hilariously inexplicable if I recall.

Fox318

Man that Smackdown crowd is gonna be shit.

5 days of events plus Im sure many will be fatigued with Indy shows and stuff like JR having a show.

Its a shame they can't just do one mega show on monday and skip the smackdown that week.

Top Bottom