• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Remember that edition of the Smackdown game where Taker chokeslammed Eddie into a casket and it was like two weeks after he died

qOze0.gif

HAPPY FLIPVEMBER Y'ALL.

...I don't even know what was supposed to originally happen here, there's like 6 different botches going on

Heroman

Banned
Man that Smackdown crowd is gonna be shit.

5 days of events plus Im sure many will be fatigued with Indy shows and stuff like JR having a show.

Its a shame they can't just do one mega show on monday and skip the smackdown that week.
I'm pretty sure USA wouldn't like that.

Remember that edition of the Smackdown game where Taker chokeslammed Eddie into a casket and it was like two weeks after he died
I'm pretty sure SvR 2006 which is the game you're referring to was released two days before his death.

2007 also featured Taker telling Benoit that his 'grieving family will have no one to blame but you when the inevitable occurs'.

I swear the following year had a Taker/Benoit angle as well, just to keep a deadly tradition going.

I'm pretty sure SvR 2006 which is the game you're referring to was released two days before his death.

2007 also featured Taker telling Benoit that his 'grieving family will have no one to blame but you when the inevitable occurs'.

omg Taker Curse is even more deadly than the Madden Curse

Hasney

Wasn't that during the super sd? Or am I thinking about the broken stage set?

It was both!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s76ry_wwe-smackdown-special-11-29-05_sport right at the end.

Man that Smackdown crowd is gonna be shit.

5 days of events plus Im sure many will be fatigued with Indy shows and stuff like JR having a show.

Its a shame they can't just do one mega show on monday and skip the smackdown that week.

Eh, the Europeans in the crowd that are making an extra day of a trip will still be drunk enough.

That's why they stopped basing storylines on Taker, he was a gift and a curse to these video games.

It was both!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s76ry_wwe-smackdown-special-11-29-05_sport right at the end.

Eh, the Europeans in the crowd that are making an extra day of a trip will still be drunk enough.
Remember that vividly. That was a weird year.

My parents owned one of the Lowriders that Eddie drove down to the ring.
Kane and Mysterio? My man!

macho-vince-high-five.gif
Shit's been a 10$ bargain forever lol.

Kaladin

TNA's finally going under? In hindsight, it's hilarious that that would be considered a win for Dixie.

Nope.
PWInsider.com has confirmed that in a ruling today, the Nashville Chancery Court has denied Billy Corgan's request for a temporary injunction against Dixie Carter, Serg Salinas, Dean Broadhead, Impact Ventures LLC.

The court has also dissolved Corgan's temporary restraining order against the company.

PWInsider.com is waiting on further details, but what this means is that Corgan will not gain control of TNA and that the current management can move forward with whatever choices and business they desire without having to get his approval.

This does not mean the end of Corgan's lawsuit against the company and TNA will still have to repay Corgan's loan of $1.8 million, unless Corgan opts to convert that debt into a 36% ownership stake in the company.

I think I can safely speak for a sizeable portion of TNA's former viewership and say that there's no hope for that company until Dixie Fucking Carter is GONE. The brand is tainted, even more so with her continued presence.

Kaladin

I think I can safely speak for a sizeable portion of TNA's former viewership and say that there's no hope for that company until Dixie Fucking Carter is GONE. The brand is tainted, even more so with her continued presence.

I don't think Dixie will be around for long. It's up in the air who the company goes to though.

I don't think Dixie will be around for long. It's up in the air who the company goes to though.

It'll be fight network now that Corgan can't block it.

Asper's are rich enough to fund it forever, be interesting to see how long they stick with it.

Dixie will be around forever as part of the deal is for her to get a nothing job so she can "save face" (which is hilarious given everyone in the industry both on the inside and on the fan side thinks she's a joke), hopefully not on tv though.

Anth0ny

I said it's impossible to fuck up Bayley on the Main Roster, I was such a mark.

lol at anyone who actually thought they wouldn't fuck that up

like come on

they fuck up WAY easier stuff than bayley. like the cruiserweights! at least I look at bayley's character and think, hmm, that might be a bit difficult to get the appeal across.

whereas with the cruiserweights... like they just did this fucking amazing tournament and it seems like no one working on the main roster even knows it happened. or took any notes at all.

nakamura is next. he gon get it bad.

Hasney

like come on

they fuck up WAY easier stuff than bayley. like the cruiserweights! at least I look at bayley's character and think, hmm, that might be a bit difficult to get the appeal across.

whereas with the cruiserweights... like they just did this fucking amazing tournament and it seems like no one working on the main roster even knows it happened. or took any notes at all.

Nak can survive.... On Smackdown.

like come on

"Why do we fall, Bayley?"

I actually think Bayley hasn't been bungled nearly as bad as I expected her to be, it's more that the splitting of the already thin women's division was just silly.

Nak can survive.... On Smackdown.

Until WWE start forcing the term NAKDOWN on us all.

Shadow780

like come on

I had no faith in Cruiserweights not under the umbrella of tournament format, once they started just like any other on the Main Roster, and with bad promo segments it's doomed from the start.

Bayley at least I thought blend perfectly with what they are looking for, and they stuck her with Big Momma Pump.

Kaladin

I'm under the fulll opinion now that WWE has no idea how to introduce anyone.

Bayley, Cruiserweights, women's revolution, American Alpha

These are all things that given the right treatment could have been the shit for the main roster. But no....WWE doesn't know how to bring people into that fold.

The problem is, we actually see the development talent. Compared to ten years ago, we didn't have much access to ovw. So seeing superstars come up now isn't so exciting because we're being exposed to them.

At least that's my problem with nxt.

Top Bottom