• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: Adidas overtakes Jordan on list of top U.S. sport footwear

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I know those Superstar shoes are really trendy. My sister in law really wanted them for her birthday this year.

I don’t think there is any questions that Kanye west made Adidas cool again. Living in New York City I feel like I see Adidas as much as Nike if not more with the younger crowd

I'm not surprised at all... The Jordan releases have been rather stale, and the quality doesn't match the prices being asked. And this is coming from a Nike head.

Milennia

i made the transition a while ago when ultraboost came out and i have 6 pairs now along with some other adidas street wear esque shoes

i still buy the odd retro pair of jordans im into but adidas and boost are my number 1 as of now and the last few years

i even prefer hardens for basketball

I'm not surprised at all... The Jordan releases have been rather stale, and the quality doesn't match the prices being asked. And this is coming from a Nike head.

Now this I am right there with you on. Prices keep increasing but the quality has been sliding for a minute.

My Infrared 6s from 2010 are WAY higher quality than the 6s that have been most recently released.

Their basketball shoes have really come a long way. The Harden, Lillard, and Rose lines all have sick designs, are reasonably priced (compared to Jordans which just keep going up), plus they have the comfort of the Boost sole. I'm not sure how well they sell to the public as I always manage to pick up a pair on clearance, but I recommend anyone to check them out.

Dynomutt

Macklemore tanked the Jordan Brand...
air-jordan-3-retro-fire-red.jpg

Still fire....

blakep267

I can't justify the price for buying an Ultra Boost.

What's so good about it?
This is how I feel. I shrug at the $190 Jordan price tag but ultra boosts are $180 so I shrug also

I can buy some cheap vans and wait for the jordans to go on sale for the price of Uktra boosts and still have some left over cash

Adidas designs overall are way better than Nike.

I think its more YMMV. Some of the Nike stuff like the Flyknit Racers and Flyknit Mariahs look amazing (personally, I'm not a fan of the Jordan silhouettes, whereas stuff like Lebron 15s has me hyped), while Adidas's Ultra Boosts look nice up until you reach those crappy 3.0s with the translucent cages.

Dynomutt

I think its more YMMV. Some of the Nike stuff like the Flyknit Racers and Flyknit Mariahs look amazing (personally, I'm not a fan of the Jordan silhouettes, whereas stuff like Lebron 15s has me hyped), while Adidas's Ultra Boosts look nice up until you reach those crappy 3.0s with the translucent cages.

What do you think about the "Ghosts"...?
ghost-nike-lebron-15-string-2.png

ghost-nike-lebron-15-string-1.png

ghost-nike-lebron-15-string.png

Adidas is my favorite shoe brand, but they don't seem to give a shit about people with wide feet. I tried many pairs and none of them fit well. I was still stubborn and bought a pair but had to return it because they were choking my feet to death. I was even dumb enough to wear the last pair to work for an entire day. The pain was unbearable.

aznpxdd

Yeezy V2 Belugas
EQT 93/17 White Mountaineering
EQT 93/17 Overkill Future Boost
EQT 93/17 BAIT
Bodega x END. x Adidas Iniki
Wings & Horns NMD R2 PK
NMD CS1 Gum Sole

Just some of my pick ups this year...you're welcome Adidas.

-KRS-

Weird, I actually just bought my first pair of Adidas shoes last month.

Always wore Nike before, especially the Cortez model since they're comfortable and I like simple looking sneakers. But I was getting some work shoes and thought I'd take a look at some sneakers to wear on my free time as well. But all the Nikes they have in stores these days seem to be these overdesigned, neon colored messes of shoes. Then I saw a pair of Adidas Neo Chills in black that looked just like what I want and got those.

causan

I'm not really into shoes but I saw Garnett Lee rocking a pair of these Addidas NMD R1 Japan Blacks and I been itching to cop a pair myself

adidas-NMD-R1-Primeknit-Japan-Triple-Black-BZ0220-03.png

acohrs

Glad to see nike responding though with air vapormax, jordan brand though... what business sense is there in releasing 20 year old shoes at same prices aor higher than air vapormax and ultraboost, best nike and adidas tech, madness!

Paracelsus

I'm not really into shoes but I saw Garnett Lee rocking a pair of these Addidas NMD R1 Japan Blacks and I been itching to cop a pair myself

adidas-NMD-R1-Primeknit-Japan-Triple-Black-BZ0220-03.png

That bump on the front of the midsole looks a bit jarring, and I know they made it both because they look straight out a mecha anime and to counterbalance the literal bumper in the back, but yeah, they'd look better without any of that gaudy thing.

That said I own roshe and they're worth the dime, are yeezy's worth the extra 30-40€? Because the entry level doesn't seep to be as cheap as the nike equivalent.

First the alt-right and now Nazi shoes. Good going, America.

I actually always feel a bit lost in these threads, I don't really wear trainers but I know a lot of people who do. I've always seen sports footwear as for sports and not fashion.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So Adidas beat a line of shoes from Nike but is still losing to Nike? Kind of an oddly-defined distinction.

It's like Burger King saying their sales are bigger than the Big Mac. They're competing with McDonald's at large, not a cherry-picked slice of their menu.

acohrs

First the alt-right and now Nazi shoes. Good going, America.

I actually always feel a bit lost in these threads, I don't really wear trainers but I know a lot of people who do. I've always seen sports footwear as for sports and not fashion.

Do you still call Germans jerries too?

Top Bottom