• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LaVar Ball seeks Billion Dollar shoe contract for 3 son package deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnipx

People do know that he's the very reason they play the way they play right? He's the one who made them learn how to make a 35 footer look like a free throw and basically turned Chino Hills into a powerhouse while they have a Ball on their team.

He's much more than the load mouthed no talent moocher father the butt hurt media wants you to believe.

jmizzal

Funny thing is the middle kid is awful lol, dude wouldnt get a scholarship from a D3 school if it wasnt for his dad

EPaul

Watch his interview on FS1 i found some new found respect for Lavar. He is just trying to get the best deal for his sons

Have any of the media discussed whether there is a potential NCAA violation issue for trying to negotiate a shoe contract for three amateur athletes? I'm guessing that because it's all talk right now, they're letting it slide, but there's no way they can enter into a shoe contract for all 3 sons while they're all amateurs under NCAA rules. When Lonzo turns pro, he can certainly sign his own shoe deal, but there can't be a package deal with his brothers while they're still amateurs, unless they don't plan to play in the NCAA.

Tekniqs

People do know that he's the very reason they play the way they play right? He's the one who made them learn how to make a 35 footer look like a free throw and basically turned Chino Hills into a powerhouse while they have a Ball on their team.

He's much more than the load mouthed no talent moocher father the butt hurt media wants you to believe.

stop watching highlights and try to find in game footage. they miss a lot more than they make

LosDaddie

Banned
As a father myself, I can respect the hustle.

However, he's an idiot who doesn't realize that just getting any shoe deal should be seen as a blessing. Hell, just 1 of kids making it to the NBA is a small miracle, even more so is said kid lasts more than 3yrs.

charsace

I like almost everything he's doing except for the outrageous crap about his son beating Curry or him beating prime Jordan.

Lonzo Ball shot 54% overall and 41% from 3 this year....

He's going to be good. And his father is one of the main reasons for it.

I don't think anyone's questioning the potential of Lonzo.
Although let's see how his shot translates to the pro game.

RedAssedApe

Banned
People said the same about Richard Williams. We all know how that turned out with Serena and Venus. Never say never.

The shoe thing and MJ thing is silly...but some of the other stuff he's said he's had logical explanations behind them.

I'm biased though as a Bruin. I'll be rooting for these kids and laughing at the dumb/entertaining things their dad says.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I read it as LeVar Burton, and I was like "Noooooo!" because I feel like he should be an awesome person.

But then I read LaVar Ball and I was like, "Oh, par for the course."

Dude Abides

Banned
This is what happens when one of the thousands of obnoxious little league dads happen to have an offspring who can actually play a little.

charsace

Lonzo has allstar player potential based off of what I have seen from him this year. He brings it on both sides of the ball and his size at the position is unique.
The youngest son has a chance at the NBA because for a 15 year old his playmaking, handle and shooting is elite for his age. He has NBA height for the PG position already being 6'3 and could possibly grow taller since his brothers and father are all taller than 6'4.
The middle brother is lucky to be sandwiched between his two brothers because they got him that UCLA scholarship. He should probably be playing football not basketball. He's a 6'6 bigman and doesn't have the athletic ability or length to make up for it.

Lonzo has allstar player potential based off of what I have seen from him this year. He brings it on both sides of the ball and his size at the position is unique.
The youngest son has a chance at the NBA because for a 15 year old his playmaking, handle and shooting is elite for his age. He has NBA height for the PG position already being 6'3 and could possibly grow taller since his brothers and father are all taller than 6'4.
The middle brother is lucky to be sandwiched between his two brothers because they got him that UCLA scholarship. He should probably be playing football not basketball. He's a 6'6 bigman and doesn't have the athletic ability or length to make up for it.
I just watched highlights of the middle brother... it was as if his highlights were all in slow motion. He's like a step slower than everyone on the court

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Man, I dunno how I could deal with parents like that. I mean, it's nice to have your parents believe in you, but to the ridiculous heights Mr. Ball takes it to, I would be embarrassed.

xnipx

Can't wait to see him in Shanghai with jimmer.

This was in response to someone saying they were really poor shooters with good highlight tapes which is absolutely false. But i'd bet the farm that Lonzo or the youngest has a better career than Jimmer.

He is proudly exploiting a system designed to exploit young black boys from 6th grade AAU until they reach the pros and its BOTHERING folks....

jwhit28

I want to see him sell T-shirts with the word Ball on them in purple+yellow or green+white. The NCAA can't stop the dad from making money off of his own name. They can't stop the dad from handing his kids money.

This was in response to someone saying they were really poor shooters with good highlight tapes which is absolutely false. But i'd bet the farm that Lonzo or the youngest has a better career than Jimmer.

He is proudly exploiting a system designed to exploit young black boys from 6th grade AAU until they reach the pros and its BOTHERING folks....
First paragraph - jokes breh
Second paragraph - whoyatalkinto.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol well i guess the brand matches the prices...wtf

https://bigballerbrand.com/

gonna be like when you were in grade school and you had to do fundraisers but no one would buy your shit so you ended up selling it all to your family members/buying it yourself.

a6S1GIK.png

Tekniqs

Lonzo Ball shot 54% overall and 41% from 3 this year....

He's going to be good. And his father is one of the main reasons for it.

oh my bad...Lonzo's pretty proven already tho right? I thought we were talking about the two still in Chino Hills

Lonzo seems legit...though according to draftexpress, he apparently has difficulty running the PnR. Which is a bit of a red flag considering that's basic action for an NBA caliber PG. His shot form, while accurate is also limiting from a release standpoint off the dribble. This of course is all based on what I've read and not watching him first hand.

I'm not sold on Lamelo and LeAngelo is definitely not NBA material. He's being hyped by his dad as a power two guard but the kid is just too slow from what I've seen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
oh my bad...Lonzo's pretty proven already tho right? I thought we were talking about the two still in Chino Hills

he'll no doubt be a lottery pick if not the straight up #1 pick...the the latter will probably depend if he plays well at the tournament and what team gets what pick. assuming no other team gets lucky...the celtics would be #1(since they own brooklyn's pick) and i don't know if the celtics would draft a pg with thomas but i don't follow that team.

IKizzLE

I fux with the dad. He is hilarious and believes in his sons 100% and is doing is hardest to give them the best opportunity to succeed.

he'll no doubt be a lottery pick if not the straight up #1 pick...the the latter will probably depend if he plays well at the tournament and what team gets what pick. assuming no other team gets lucky...the celtics would be #1(since they own brooklyn's pick) and i don't know if the celtics would draft a pg with thomas but i don't follow that team.

But there's a lot of people out there that think Fultz is a better PG prospect than Ball is, so it's not just about teams whether the #1 team needs a PG.

lol Barkley going in.

"Once I found out he averaged two points a game [in college]. ... Listen, you need to slow your roll," Barkley said of Ball. "He says I didn't win a championship. I said to myself, 'I need to go back and Google this guy, because maybe I missed the Ball era, when he was dominating and winning championships everywhere else.' Listen, I'm too old and fat to play basketball, but I'll challenge Mr. Ball to a one-on-one. How about that?

"I don't even know how old he is -- he's got to be around my age -- but no guy who averaged two points a game can beat me at one-on-one. I'm positive of that."

Ball Response
"He wants to play one-and-one and all this, and he says I averaged two points, 'Who cares?'" Ball said. "... I know he don't want to play one-on-one because he's too big. He better stay behind that TNT thing ... and eat them doughnuts."

and TMZ as well.

Ball straight out backing down in two interviews.
Please make this one on one happen.

Striker

He was saying Charles is talking to stay relevant and keep himself in the spotlight.

This breh is the black Skip Bayless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom