• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

def sim

Well, we're probably not going to see another Street Fighter this decade. I can only hope we get a second batch of DLC characters.

Megatron

I would like to see the lifetime numbers split for blops 3. I know consoles arent counted and thats why people assumed the xb1 version always won, but that bundle basically hasnt existed for months as far as I know. Coukd it he this game just sold better on the xb1?

I would like to see the lifetime numbers split for blops 3. I know consoles arent counted and thats why people assumed the xb1 version always won, but that bundle basically hasnt existed for months as far as I know. Coukd it he this game just sold better on the xb1?
The CoD bundle is still the main unit for PS4.

9ANhJWO.gif
Who's gonna gif this so it shows Mewtwo blowing up SFV?

It's as surprising as the absence of SFV IMO.

Absence of SFV isn't a surprise. The fact that it got beat by Pokken is incredible though. Capcom needs to get their stuff together.

I was so looking forward to that game too but as we got closer to launch and I found out how much there actually was to do I bailed. Yikes.

massoluk

Banned
I'll be honest, I didn't expect Twilight Princess to chart at all, much less at No 3. Re-release and all...

And Street Fighter got KO by Pokken, haha.

HardRojo

Damn! SFV will definitely have to re-release the game with all content from this year after they finally fix all of the core issues.

Hanmik

+6 million people played Killer Instinct in March.

That is not what the pr piece is saying. Lol

It says that there now is 6+ million unique players. March just added to the number of players.

It's a f2p game on Xbox and Windows 10. The number is great.. But it does not say that number just for march.

But the casuals don't matter guys, the hardcore competitive scene matters more for SFV.

Sadly, beyond a poorer package than SF has ever launched with before, Capcom may have overestimated the wider demand for another SF game considering how saturated things were already with so much current and last gen SF already available. They definitely need to reboot the game as a modern product or spend a lot money relaunching it with major advertising. Given the numbers known to this point, it really wouldn't surprise me if SF V is the worst-performing installment or spin-off in the series in its first two months to date outside of Fighting Street on the PCE-CD/TG-16. I really hope they're not going to end up putting the series to sleep, like the comatose state it was in after SF III, after their DLC plan is done for the year.

Sarobi

Banned
That is not what the pr piece is saying. Lol

It says that there now is 6+ million unique players. March just added to the number of players.

It's a f2p game on Xbox and Windows 10. The number is great.. But it does not say that number just for march.

That's how I read into it as well

Top Bottom