• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetup: March 31st - Hump Evilore Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

Do people actually go to GAF meetups just so they can meet girls?

Haha I don't think so. I just think it'd be cool to have a good amount of GAF girls there. Evilore stated that he'd like a larger female audience on the boards, and I want the same at the meetup. I'm not looking to hook up with a GAF girl, or any girl for that matter. I'm looking to have a good time drinking beer in Hipsterburg with some GAFFers.

You were going to come for the last meet up!? Why was I not aware of this!

I thought I told you I was going to. Johntheboss and I had a valentines day date instead. I woke up the next day sort of upset about missing out on nyc gaf meetup, until I found out people were complaining about the lack of females and massive sausage fest. I was sort of relieved after that, I just wanted to come and hang out with gaffers, not be separated because of gender.

Edit: also mully, you know I give you a hard time about everything ever. It's my job. I was mostly just trying to say that maybe if girls aren't singled out, they would be more interested in coming.

jasonng

I thought I told you I was going to. Johntheboss and I had a valentines day date instead. I woke up the next day sort of upset about missing out on nyc gaf meetup, until I found out people were complaining about the lack of females and massive sausage fest. I was sort of relieved after that, I just wanted to come and hang out with gaffers, not be separated because of gender.

Edit: also mully, you know I give you a hard time about everything ever. It's my job. I was mostly just trying to say that maybe if girls aren't singled out, they would be more interested in coming.

I don't think you did! Also there was very little complaints about the lack of girls or at least when I heard it I assumed it was a light hearted joke. HPro came out for Monday's meetup and everyone was chill.

Do people actually go to GAF meetups just so they can meet girls?

Why did you think I helped organized the last one!? #creepersgonnakeepcreeping

Mully

Any ideas on when and where some of us are meeting up for the day/afternoon meetup? I know the bar scene, but not much else.

I don't think you did! Also there was very little complaints about the lack of girls or at least when I heard it I assumed it was a light hearted joke. HPro came out for Monday's meetup and everyone was chill.

I mostly meant the thread, depending on how we feel, we may show up. Its an hour or so away and we may have another hot date planned. It all depends.

Mahonay

Banned
Any ideas on when and where some of us are meeting up for the day/afternoon meetup? I know the bar scene, but not much else.
Here's what Jason had in mind when he first suggested it, I think it sounds like a good plan.

Williamsburg is pretty laid back with IDing. In fact I dont think I was ever carded there.

If a few of us want to start early, we can always go to McClaren Park during the day and drink. Turkey's Nest is a bar across the street from the park and they pour cheap beer in huge styrofoam cups so you can drink outdoors. There's also Berry Park which has rooftop seating. Case in point, I'd like to take full advantage of the beautiful weather we're having.

I mostly meant the thread, depending on how we feel, we may show up. Its an hour or so away and we may have another hot date planned. It all depends.
What if I buy you a beer? Something fancy like a Miller Lite. And a Metro card with $2.50 on it. Did I mention to you guys that I'm kind of a high roller?

I appreciate how comments like that could make you feel weird. But there were roughly 30 or so people at the meetup and I think only one or two made any kind of "sausage fest" joke after the fact.

*checks meetup thread*

TangMeng mentions zero GirlGAF representation. Devo is the only poster who made a "sausage fest" joke in the thread. And teases us about West Coast-GAF having girls at their meetups. NYC-GAF mostly says it ain't no thang.

jasonng

The problem with meeting up at the park is that there is going to be a lot of people there so it's going to be some confusion finding the gaf group. I propose we meet up at Berry Park's roof top and when we have a sizable group we can relocate to the park which is two blocks away.

bar_berrypark.jpg

4 Berry St
(between Nassau Ave & 14th St)
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Neighborhood: Williamsburg - North Side
(718) 782-2829
http://www.yelp.com/biz/berry-park-brooklyn

Also the bar is a bit tucked away so I'm willing to give out my number and give directions if needed.

Mahonay

Banned
The problem with meeting up at the park is that there is going to be a lot of people there so it's going to be some confusion finding the gaf group. I propose we meet up at Berry Park's roof top and when we have a sizable group we can relocate to the park which is two blocks away.

4 Berry St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718) 782-2829

Also the bar is a bit tucked away so I'm willing to give out my number and give directions if needed.
I'm game for this, sounds good to me.

The question would be now what time to head over there. Something like 4?

As I said before ideally I would like to head down with someone from Midtown. I'm staying at Radio City Apts.

I know my way round Manhattan like the back of my hand but won't be too good when I get into Brooklyn hence the reason I want to go with a local :)

RawPower

Banned
I appreciate how comments like that could make you feel weird. But there were roughly 30 or so people at the meetup and I think only one or two made any kind of "sausage fest" joke after the fact.

*checks meetup thread*

TangMeng mentions zero GirlGAF representation. Devo is the only poster who made a "sausage fest" joke in the thread. And teases us about West Coast-GAF having girls at their meetups. NYC-GAF mostly says it ain't no thang.

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb joke, on her part.

.GqueB.

Banned
please don't act like this in real life

I will make no promises.

bar_berrypark.jpg

4 Berry St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718) 782-2829

Why not just stay at Berry park? I've been to this beer garden and it gets pretty crowded and it'll be challenging to find a nice spot for the whole group. Just my two cents.

Jhoan

Pffft fuck you guys, sunlight is brightest in the early afternoon. I'm going to be there earlier. Probably 3pm.
O.k. Mr.Sunshine. I think I'll be there much later so have fun early birds. After 6, probably 7ish; no promises. And no suit either; I'll be wearing my iconic spiky necklace, and Swiss Army watch.

I might volunteer on that day but it would end at 5:15. After that I would either head to Brooklyn, or go home, change, then go down. I haven't agreed to do it since I'm still thinking about it. Otherwise I'll see you guys after the said times.

TangMeng

I'll be there! Might rep Tie-GAF, we'll see.

I'm sorry if what I said makes anyone feel uncomfortable about attending one of these. I didn't say that because I want to hit on them or anything, it's really just joking around.

Everyone should go to this, it is Evilore approved.

Anyone else coming from Long Island? Specifically the Babylon line?

Yep! What time are you thinking of leaving?

Mully

So since LA GAF seems to be doing one every other week now, should we do the same?

We could, but I think it's more fun if they're a celebration rather than a weekly thing. I feel it could get pretty mundane if we did. It would be cool to just have a GAF spot though.

Something in Boston would be fun. I'll be there Thursday through Sunday for PAX East.

Awesome! You should definitely check out the thread. Id link it but I'm on my phone. I'm going to pax east as well. I live in ma ( just moved here from new orleans) but I spend every other weekend in nj visiting boyfriend. Not really pumped for pax, definitely more pumped for the bostongaf meetup.

Mahonay

Banned
Awesome! You should definitely check out the thread. Id link it but I'm on my phone. I'm going to pax east as well. I live in ma ( just moved here from new orleans) but I spend every other weekend in nj visiting boyfriend. Not really pumped for pax, definitely more pumped for the bostongaf meetup.
Hah, yeah not me. I am absolutely PUMPED for PAX East. My eyes lit up when my badge arrived today. Last year was my first PAX and I had a really awesome time. I also like trying to get together with members of the gaming community/industry to hang out and drink though. Last time I did some Giant Bomb stuff which was pretty fun.

Mully

Oh boy, looks like I won't be able to make it. I just started as a volunteer EMT at my local Fire Department a few weeks back and the EMT on call's wife is on bed rest and needs the 31st to look after her. I have to take his place for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom