• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetup: March 31st - Hump Evilore Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoan

Nah I am not suiting up that night. I have a surprise party thing the night before and I need to wear a suit for. Gonna be looking like awesome and playing baseball like a boss.
Ahh I see. That makes sense. So the only one who's going to be suiting up out of necessity is Jason. I keep thinking of Jobert, Bill's dandy cousin from King of the Hill for some strange reason when I picture him wearing a suit. I'm still expecting him to wear a pimp hat or at least a pimp cane that's also a shotgun.

This meet-up is sounding more ridiculous and awesome. Gotta go all out!
From what I read of the OP, it seems that we *might* somehow make our way to Times Square to reenact some of the last meet up's events. If that does happen and people aren't incredibly wasted or gone by then, then it's going to be one of the most ridiculous things to ever grace this forum. The last meet up set the bar pretty high. It's going to be hard to top it. Then again, it's NYC GAF; anything can happen.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Ahh I see. That makes sense. So the only who's going to be suiting up out of necessity is Jason. I keep thinking of Jobert, Bill's dandy cousin from King of the Hill for some strange reason when I picture him wearing a suit. I'm still expecting him to wear a pimp hat or at least a pimp cane that's also a shotgun.

From what I read of the OP, it seems that we *might* somehow make our way to Times Square to reenact some of the last meet up's events. If that does happen and people aren't incredibly wasted or gone by then, then it's going to be one of the most ridiculous things to ever grace this forum. The last meet up set the bar pretty high. It's going to be hard to top it. Then again, it's NYC GAF; anything can happen.

We somehow make it Times Square I will be happy since I might know my way home other then that I am fucking lost. We are a bunch of crazy fucks.

Askia47

Ahh I see. That makes sense. So the only who's going to be suiting up out of necessity is Jason. I keep thinking of Jobert, Bill's dandy cousin from King of the Hill for some strange reason when I picture him wearing a suit. I'm still expecting him to wear a pimp hat or at least a pimp cane that's also a shotgun.

I like the way that sounds, the last meet up sounded epic. But in any event, it would be great just to let loose and have fun. Meeting new people and going to new places is what makes nights out more interesting.

Jhoan

We somehow make it Times Square I will be happy since I might know my way home other then that I am fucking lost. We are a bunch of crazy fucks.
Haha, I mean it's not so bad getting back down to South Ferry from Williamsburg. Simply take the L train back to 6th avenue, transfer to the 1 train (it's a hell of a journey to get to it), and voila. Otherwise, it looks like we might be crossing the Williamsburg bridge and possibly walking all the way up to Times Square (which again, is going to be absolutely insane if that's the case).

I like the way that sounds, the last meet up sounded epic. But in any event, it would be great just to let loose and have fun. Meeting new people and going to new places is what makes nights out more interesting.
Here's a recap of the last meet up's events in case you missed it. We had quite an eclectic cast of characters in the last meet up. A man who looked like Tiki Barber/Reggie Miller, a man who looked like John Cho, a man who could have have easily have been Wladimir Klitchko's long lost brother and survived a near-death experience in Death Valley, and many, many others.

Jason's a charming devil, I'll tell you that much, so you shouldn't have much trouble fitting in. Hell, there's even going to be a junior member attending (and maybe a few others who are too scared to post in this thread and end up showing up unannounced).

Expect to see a ton of guys checking GAF on their phone at the same time every few minutes. It's a bit of a surreal experience seeing the very same people you probably see posting in certain threads (e.g. the Gears of War 3 thread) in person. Except that every one has a real name (for the most part) and you get to see their personality up close. Oh and lots of "NeoGAF!" getting thrown around as a catch phrase.

Hell, don't be surprised if people that you meet go to the same school as you or know similar people; that happened a lot in the last meet up. So it should be a good experience.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Haha, I mean it's not so bad getting back down to South Ferry from Williamsburg. Simply take the L train back to 6th avenue, transfer to the 1 train (it's a hell of a journey to get to it), and voila. Otherwise, it looks like we might be crossing the Williamsburg bridge and possibly walking all the way up to Times Square (which again, is going to be absolutely insane if that's the case).

Here's a recap of the last meet up's events in case you missed it. We had quite an eclectic cast of characters in the last meet up. A man who looked like Tiki Barber/Reggie Miller, a man who looked like John Cho, a man who could have have easily have been Wladimir Klitchko's long lost brother and survived a near-death experience in Death Valley, and many, many others.

Jason's a charming devil, I'll tell you that much, so you shouldn't have much trouble fitting in. Hell, there's even going to be a junior member attending (and maybe a few others who are too scared to post in this thread and end up showing up unannounced).

Expect to see a ton of guys checking GAF on their phone at the same time every few minutes. It's a bit of a surreal experience seeing the very same people you probably see posting in certain threads (e.g. the Gears of War 3 thread) in person. Except that every one has a real name (for the most part) and you get to see their personality up close. Oh and lots of "NeoGAF!" getting thrown around as a catch phrase.

Hell, don't be surprised if people that you meet go to the same school as you or know similar people; that happened a lot in the last meet up. So it should be a good experience.

Best part about the those two meet ups in that one week was everyone yelling BELIEVE down the block. Plus me and you looking for a place to piss and you keep yelling at me saying their are cops on every block when I was trying to pee on a building. During that time we missed some awesome gif.

Jhoan

Best part about the those two meet ups in that one week was everyone yelling BELIEVE down the block. Plus me and you looking for a place to piss and you keep yelling at me saying their are cops on every block when I was trying to pee on a building. During that time we missed some awesome gif.

To this day, I'm still shocked that we managed to make it to the place without peeing on ourselves. I remember banging on the door telling the chick to get out the bathroom because I needed to pee; it was hilarious. I think I would have peed on myself just so we could have been part of GAF history. Oh well.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
D'oh! I'm haven't been reading the posts well. Well jon bones will be missed. At least Jason's going to be around all day.

Yeah, he's a trooper.

Hahahaha. I remember I made you and Eric walk to 34th street after you wanted to take a cab. It's a shame I showed up like half an hour later after that, so I wasn't in that group pic. That place was crawling with Gaffers! I remember asking a guy who later turn out to be greglombardi if he was a Gaffer by gut feeling. He was such a nice guy.

vadernoo.jpg When are you planning on moving? The reason that I ask is because I was hoping to interview you (preferably in person) for a homework assignment for my media production class. It's not due until April 30th. Yo no sé si usted tendras tiempo para eso. Pero lo agradeciera mucho.

No me mudo hasta Mayo asi que tranquilo, hay tiempo!

Put me down for any sport, especially Basketball. Guess I'll be wearing shorts..

Except Baseball, thats not a sport.

Jhoan

No me mudo hasta Mayo asi que tranquilo, hay tiempo!

Put me down for any sport, especially Basketball. Guess I'll be wearing shorts..

Except Baseball, thats not a sport.

Que bien, me alegro. Usted me ahorro un tremendo dolor de cabeza de buscar a alguien que trabaja en la industria de los video juegos para entrevistar.

So what you're saying is that if baseball would have been an international sport and Pau Gasol were a baseball player, you would have been all over it. It's o.k. I get it. ;) Still though, it would be entertaining to see a Spaniard wield a baseball bat the same way a bull fighter wields a sword.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
looks like my girl is working saturday night. good news is that i'll be sticking around you dudes all night, bad news is that we can't hit up that other party.

bob page

I'm checking the weather for the weekend and it looks like there might be some light rain on Saturday. Hmm.

Yeah, count me out for the sports. I think Berry Park has outdoor heaters (maybe), which should be good since Saturday decided to be shitty weather instead of Monday.

jasonng

Berry park is still a great place to pregame even if it rains. Another option would be the Counting Room a few blocks down. It has lots of seating and a huge selection of awesome beers, wines, and cocktails. The draw is that the drinks are pricey (beers go from 6 bucks to 12 depending on what you choose) so it not be great for everyone. I just know it has a lot of open space so it'll feel like we're out despite the rain.

I'll keep looking for more options just in case it rains.

bob page

Berry park is still a great place to pregame even if it rains. Another option would be the Counting Room a few blocks down. It has lots of seating and a huge selection of awesome beers, wines, and cocktails. The draw is that the drinks are pricey (beers go from 6 bucks to 12 depending on what you choose) so it not be great for everyone. I just know it has a lot of open space so it'll feel like we're out despite the rain.

I'll keep looking for more options just in case it rains.

I'm still down for Berry Park if everyone else is- I've been meaning to go there for a while now.

Wzong

Neo Member
Damn, just found this thread. I'll be in for parts of the meetup. PXG and I are rolling to the Nero concert that night though.

Been to R adegast before and it's pretty nice. I'll see if I can make it there after the concert. Though if it's anything like last time, we'll all be roaming Times Squares at 3am anyway.

Penguin

GAH

May be downgraded to a maybe, family wants to take me out to dinner for my birthday on Sat >.<
(And yes completely forgot was my birthday!)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Damn, I have I-CON in Stony Brook to go to in the day and then a birthday party at Swizz in the city that evening. Seems like everything fell on this one weekend, I was originally gonna go see Nick Warren and Jody Wisternoff spin @ LPR :(

One of these days...

.GqueB.

Banned
Havent really been following this thread. How are you guys meeting up at the place. Is there one person we call when we get to the beer garden. I've never meet a one of ya so I wouldn't recognize anyone.

And I don't wanna walk in there and yell "GAF!!!???"

Mahonay

Banned
Havent really been following this thread. How are you guys meeting up at the place. Is there one person we call when we get to the beer garden. I've never meet a one of ya so I wouldn't recognize anyone.

And I don't wanna walk in there and yell "GAF!!!???"
I was worried about that too but since I'm going to the earlier meeting before hand I don't think that will be a problem.

bob page

I'm meeting Jason and some others at Berry Park in Brooklyn at 4ish (maybe a bit later- that's when he's heading there). The real meetup is starting at 9pm at Radegast in Brooklyn. If you want to come to either and need help finding people, you can prolly PM me or Jason and can text us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom