• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetup: March 31st - Hump Evilore Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
how am i gonna know who is gaf when i show up? i didn't go to the last one so i dunno what anybody looks like. i am a short asian dude with glasses and a handlebar mustache.

jasonng

Havent really been following this thread. How are you guys meeting up at the place. Is there one person we call when we get to the beer garden. I've never meet a one of ya so I wouldn't recognize anyone.

And I don't wanna walk in there and yell "GAF!!!???"

how am i gonna know who is gaf when i show up? i didn't go to the last one so i dunno what anybody looks like. i am a short asian dude with glasses and a handlebar mustache.

On the day of I'll describe what I'm wearing but you can easily pick up the Gaf aura, it's ineffable. Also when I'm there I'll probably put up a post of where we're located at the bar. If you're still unsure, PM me and I'll give you my number.

RawPower

Banned
I had to tell Jason over the phone what I looked like so he could find me. Luckily, I wasn't exactly a hard guy to miss.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Just find the biggest looking nerd and say, "Hi Jason"

Mully

Ok, sorry for a lapse in keeping things updated. I haven't had time to do anything lately due to work.

As of right now, the plan is to have an unofficial afternoon meetup at 4PM at Berry Park, followed by the "Official" meetup at 9PM at the Radegast Biergarten and Hall. We'll stay there for about two hours then begin our bar crawl North on Bedford Avenue.

Night time attire is whatever. I know some have talked about wearing suits; if you'd like to wear one go ahead, otherwise have fun! If you have anymore questions, you can PM me for my cell phone number.

Mahonay

Banned
Looks like I'm probably going to some DualShockers event near Prospect Park for my friend who works with them tonight. I'm going to try my damnedest not to be hungover for tomorrow.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'll probably be by the park at 4, proooobably with lawblob? well have to see.

Dunan

This sounds like so much fun. Brooklyn is my hometown!

...but I live in Tokyo now...

Have fun, guys. If one of these meetups coincides with when I'm home on vacation, I'm definitely going.

Mully

1 day away! Mully text me when you get on the train please!

I will text you when I hop on. I'm trying to figure which way would be more efficient, stopping at Jamaica, taking the J train from Jamaica to Broadway Junction, then switching to the L train or taking a train to Penn, then taking an A,C,E train to 14th Street and hopping on the L train from there.

I'll probably be by the park at 4, proooobably with lawblob? well have to see.

Great. Some of us will be there around 4PM, others more toward 5PM.

Mully

Please PM your phone numbers to me and a few other members before tomorrow night. It would help make things a bit more organized. Chaos is fun, but I don't want to be searching for people, yelling their usernames to find them.

"Smokey! Smokey! SMOKEYMICPOT!!" 'Excuse me, have you seen a guy named Smokeymicpot?"

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Wife gave me full blessing to attend this, so im' game for whenever.

First we might have to work in a little SF v Tekken. ;)

Sure thing! Show up for lunch and well take it from there :D

Please PM your phone numbers to me and a few other members before tomorrow night. It would help make things a bit more organized. Chaos is fun, but I don't want to be searching for people, yelling their usernames to find them.

"Smokey! Smokey! SMOKEYMICPOT!!" 'Excuse me, have you seen a guy named Smokeymicpot?"

Will PM my number in a min.

As for the rest, I'll introduce myself as Xavier and look like dis

383816_10150365490731305_502871304_8414290_408997945_n.jpg

Jhoan

I know this is a bit ahead beyond the meet up, but would anyone be interested in a mini GAF meet up for the Drawathon on April 13th (Friday)? Obviously this is more of a niche event for artist GAF, but it'd be cool to do that. I'm thinking of going. Its $10 in advance, $15 at the door at the Pratt campus in Brooklyn. Plus free food and beverages. 14 hours of non-stop drawing from 7PM to 7AM. I remember reading Jordan Mechner's blog post about going to one and having fun. Admittedly, I wouldn't want to go to by myself. I'd be willing to make a thread if enough people are interested. Otherwise, I'd be going alone.

Also, most of you have probably seen the ads in the subway about the NY Auto Show from April 6-15 at the Javitz. While I don't really care about cars myself, it'd be a nice event to shoot the breeze at.

Any way, I don't think I'll be at the early meet up (I'm trying to be frugal), but I'll be appearing at the night meet up. If I'm feeling up to it, then I'll show up to the early one (I'll hit up Jason if anything). I've posted pictures of myself before and used my real pic so some people have an idea of what I look like; a 6'3 Hispanic dude with tan skin and a light Spanish accent. I'll just post a picture of the accessories that I typically wear as soon as I get home.

Raging Spaniard

I know this is a bit ahead beyond the meet up, but would anyone be interested in a mini GAF meet up for the Drawathon on April 13th (Friday)? Obviously this is more of a niche event for artist GAF, but it'd be cool to do that. I'm thinking of going. Its $10 in advance, $15 at the door at the Pratt campus in Brooklyn. Plus free food and beverages. 14 hours of non-stop drawing from 7PM to 7AM. I remember reading Jordan Mechner's blog post about going to one and having fun. Admittedly, I wouldn't want to go to by myself. I'd be willing to make a thread if enough people are interested. Otherwise, I'd be going alone.

Also, most of you have probably seen the ads in the subway about the NY Auto Show from April 6-15 at the Javitz. While I don't really care about cars myself, it'd be a nice event to shoot the breeze at.

Any way, I don't think I'll be at the early meet up (I'm trying to be frugal), but I'll be appearing at the night meet up. If I'm feeling up to it, then I'll show up to the early one (I'll hit up Jason if anything). I've posted pictures of myself before and used my real pic so some people have an idea of what I look like; a 6'3 Hispanic dude with tan skin and a light Spanish accent. I'll just post a picture of the accessories that I typically wear as soon as I get home.

Sounds like fun, I'll go! I had no idea it even existed.

TangMeng

I will text you when I hop on. I'm trying to figure which way would be more efficient, stopping at Jamaica, taking the J train from Jamaica to Broadway Junction, then switching to the L train or taking a train to Penn, then taking an A,C,E train to 14th Street and hopping on the L train from there.

I think going to Jamaica might be faster. But then again, going to Penn Station will give us more time to bro-out on the LIRR. Which one are you leaning towards?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Right here bitches.

Mully

I think going to Jamaica might be faster. But then again, going to Penn Station will give us more time to bro-out on the LIRR. Which one are you leaning towards?

I'm thinking we take it to Penn, it's 20 minutes longer, but It's only a 3 stops from Penn to 14th, and then only 3-4 stops to Bedford. I think the Jamaica route may take about 10 minutes longer.

Anyone good with the subway know what's best for us LI'ers?

Mahonay

Banned
I'm thinking we take it to Penn, it's 20 minutes longer, but It's only a 3 stops from Penn to 14th, and then only 3-4 stops to Bedford. I think the Jamaica route may take about 10 minutes longer.

Anyone good with the subway know what's best for us LI'ers?
Wish I could be of some help. Usually I'm the man for subway directions but I never travel to or from Long Island.

Mully

Wish I could be of some help. Usually I'm the man for subway directions but I never travel to or from Long Island.

Wah wah.

When I went to Billyburg last year for my brother-in-law's bachelor party, we did the Penn route. We were able to handle it pretty well while we were all blackout later that night. I don't plan on going hard tomorrow night, so I think this route is the right way to go Tang Meng.

TangMeng

Wah wah.

When I went to Billyburg last year for my brother-in-law's bachelor party, we did the Penn route. We were able to handle it pretty well while we were all blackout later that night. I don't plan on going hard tomorrow night, so I think this route is the right way to go Tang Meng.

Sure thing. I might be boarding at Rockville Centre btw. I'll keep you updated.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Not a fan of this rain right now. Hopefully it stops. I might suit up because I look badass in a suit at this moment. Chances are I won't though.

Askia47

I'll be at the night meet up, I'll have a big fitted cap on (Idk which one tho!). I'll try to get there and wait outside the spot before the group gets there.

Jhoan

Sounds like fun, I'll go! I had no idea it even existed.
Cool, that makes two of us. Bring out your big guns; it's going to be a long night. I saw a flyer posted on a bulletin board in my school's Art department (I practically live there), so a light bulb lit up in my head. Getting back home is going to be a tremendous pain in the ass. I'll definitely need to buy a new high quality sketchbook for it (I'm using a crappy Pearl brand spiral sketchbook).
so wuts going on in this thread
Oh nothing much. Only that a bunch of guys are going to meet up in Brooklyn early in the day and then later in day as well. It's about damn time you popped into the thread! So you in?

I passed by Latitude while I was walking to the A train yesterday; so many memories kicked in. I took a picture of the pizzeria that smokeymicpot and I stumbled into; it was ridiculously packed. Once I find my USB cable for my phone, I'll upload it. Every time I walk through 8th Avenue, I keep remembering the antics.

EDIT: The current forecast says it's going to be raining into the evening. Bring out your biggest umbrellas and bust out your boots; it's gonna be a wet one. I mean a little rain isn't going to stop the meet up for sure. However, it would have been nice if it weren't raining.

Sorry guys I won't be able to make this one, got a lot of studying to do since I'm starting to fall behind in chemistry. I'll catch the next one, hopefully we can do something for spring break.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah I'm out right now and I can confirm this weather fucking suuuucks. Coldest day in about a month. Of course it's today. Cloudy and wet too. Not supposed to rain for the rest of the day at least.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I actually might be able to make it out tonight. I'm free after 10pm, but I was invited to a party somewhere in Manhattan. I'll probably check that out; if it sucks, I'd love to drop by you guys and hang out. I just don't know how late everyone will be staying at Radegast.

Going to have to pass for tonight. Feeling kind of bleagh at the moment, not really feeling the hour ride + walking in this weather. I'll try to make it next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom