• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

an user that pops in many playstation sales thread to say how sad is that sony is winning and that they don't deserve the sales. it's even funnier because he(or she) owns them all and buys a ton of stuff for them.
tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Gaf always seems to reel in a hilarious one every now and then.

vin-buc

I can whip it up in a few minutes if someone can give me what to put in different squares. But you need 24 different "statements" lol. Here is the one I made for the PR statement. I am willing to change this one if anyone has suggestions. I was thinking about adding "Star Wars Battlefront" in there since I know MS is going to sneak that in their PR somehow.

7ed9e3c.png

"Momentum"
"Putting gamers at the center/core" OR "Listening to gamers"
"Social"
"BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY"

EDIT: ADD
"Holiday Blockbusters"
"Record Breaking"

these can be bench warmers

Gurish

I think this is the biggest predictions thread of the year, people are really curious about this month, I think H5 should do the trick for MS.

What will cause a meltdown, if XB1 wins or PS4? which is more expected? it seems pretty obvious this is XB month.

Aceofspades

Banned
I think this is the biggest predictions thread of the year, people are really curious about this month, I think H5 should do the trick for MS.

What will cause a meltdown, if XB1 wins or PS4? which is more expected? it seems pretty obvious this is XB month.

PS4 winning small margin: Shock
X1 winning small margin: expected
PS4 winning big margin: Massive shock
X1 winning big margin: shock

Thats it :)

"Momentum"
"Putting gamers at the center/core" OR "Listening to gamers"
"Social"
"BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY"

EDIT: ADD
"Holiday Blockbusters"
"Record Breaking"

these can be bench warmers

Lol, I added Backwards Compatibility and Momentum, along with Star Wars (we know their PR will mention Star Wars). Those were great suggestions. I know this is so stupid, but I have had fun playing with it.

528d96d.png

This npd_george is not a guy from NPD.

Thats what YOU think. The Truth is out there

display

I would personally change the "PS4 winning by a small margin" reaction to minor shock.

Nah, donny gave the breakdown earlier. More people predicted a PS4 victory than an Xbone

Edit: no nvm you are right I misread the other one.

Yeah PS4 winning would be minor if anything. Actually going by the thread its the consensus

teiresias

PS4 winning small margin: Shock
X1 winning small margin: Shock me once, shame
PS4 winning big margin: well, ummm
X1 winning big margin: can't get shocked again

Id leave that as it is. Its a HALO 5 month. So it would still be shocking if they won.

I agree with minor or no shock for "minor PS4 lead". Yes, it's a Halo month but PS4 pricedrop + Halo marketing campaign was nowhere near what it was for Halo 2 or Halo 3 or even Reach. I'm not so sure that I agree with the "Master Chief Collection soured the Halo name" but the truth is that we already know Halo 5 numbers aren't huge, otherwise Microsoft would have revealed those numbers instead of that PR spin about hardware profit.

So basically, nobody (that has been paying attention) should be shocked about a minor PS4 victory.

Also, I agree that "large margin" > 50k (I'd say >= 80k though).

I think the thing that will cause the most mayhem is if we have a +100k victory on either side.

On one end: WOW Xbone couldn't even win during Halo! Its over MS is d0med
On the other end: Wow even the PS4's first price cut couldn't stop Halo / MS going into the holidays! Sony needs better deals!

zsynqx

an user that pops in many playstation sales thread to say how sad is that sony is winning and that they don't deserve the sales. it's even funnier because he(or she) owns them all and buys a ton of stuff for them.

Sorry for going off-topic but is an user grammatically correct? I mean the next word following an begins with a vowel, but it just doesn't sound right.

Clearly I am not swept up in the NPD hype if I am asking questions like that.

I think the thing that will cause the most mayhem is if we have a +100k victory on either side.

On one end: WOW Xbone couldn't even win during Halo! Its over MS is d0med
On the other end: Wow even the PS4's first price cut couldn't stop Halo / MS going into the holidays! Sony needs better deals!

Yes, I agree 100% on this. Though I feel like narrative will probably be closer to "lol PS4 no exclusives holidays are doomed" if Xbox leads October by >= 100k.
Sorry for going off-topic but is an user grammatically correct? I mean the next word following an begins with a vowel, but it just doesn't sound right.

You're probably just an alt account. :p
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/105116/is-it-a-user-or-an-user
We predict because we get a nice cream pie at the end of the night.
Oh my.

tumblr_mfndjq0do31rn0vh6o1_250.gif

If folks dont get it after this....I dont know what to say....

LOL, perfect image.

This, they are totally obfuscating by adding in the hardware price of those bundles.

Hey I said the other day by anecdotal evidence this Halloween, judging the the many Star Wars costumes I saw....adults and kids....I think its gonna be huge.

Yeah, I think it can do scary well, the timing with the new movie around the corner is just perfect as well.

Yes, I agree 100% on this. Though I feel like narrative will probably be closer to "lol PS4 no exclusives holidays are doomed" if Xbox leads October by >= 100k.

Good call we will probably see that a lot if such a thing were to happen. Some kind of combo of No exzluzez and price cut not big enough

I'm Finnish and I know this one! It's A user, because how you pronounce user. It has a j when you say it.

Top Bottom