• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

texore

I have no idea where to ask this, but since this thread is moving along, I might as well ask it here. Is a dust cover for my PS4 worth it? It's $24.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3KU0S8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Will it cause it to overheat? Is it worth it? I remember from my PS4 many months ago, it would collect an obscene amount of dust. I want to avoid that this time around.
No, use a cloth or small towel instead when you aren't using it.

You aren't supposed to cover anything while it's powered on.

Fdkn

Sorry for going off-topic but is an user grammatically correct? I mean the next word following an begins with a vowel, but it just doesn't sound right.

Clearly I am not swept up in the NPD hype if I am asking questions like that.

well english is not my first language so I just checked and you're right. Something about pronunciation regardless of the basic rule.

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
I'm Finnish and I know this one! It's A user, because how you pronounce user. It has a j when you say it.
Well, a Finnish J, anyway. English speakers would probably say Y.

Jeez, it's like ten o'clock and I need to go to work tomorrow. But I don't know if I can sleep before I see the press release. This is more exciting than Christmas.

Honestly that was a HUGE margin, not a big one. They kinda dominated Sony last November.

Yeah, nobody expected such a large xbox victory last November. I remember orochi making a prediction of a 500K sales gap in favor of xbox, and everyone gave him so much crap leading up to the results release.

Then once all the dust settled after cboat's derailment, it turned out he was about the only one that was right lol.

Good call we will probably see that a lot if such a thing were to happen. Some kind of combo of No exzluzez and price cut not big enough

The good old "PS4 has no game" comic.

On the other hand...

Will we see the Xbox One chalkboard with Halo 5 crossed out? DUN DUN DUNNNNNN.
Yeah, nobody expected such a large xbox victory last November. I remember orochi making a prediction of a 500K sales gap in favor of xbox, and everyone gave him so much crap leading up to the results release.

Then once all the dust settled after cboat's derailment, it turned out he was about the only one that was right lol.
That thread was something else. Then cboat came back as a PR machine. *sigh*

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Vita wins=World War 3 incoming

edit: majority has PS4 winning this month, how is minor PS4 lead more surprising than minor XB1 lead in this case?

I don't really think it matters whether people expected one or the other to win. The mere fact that Halo 5 released will automatically insinuate that Xbox One should have won for the month.

Because of that, I would be shocked if the PS4 sold more by a large margin, but would not be surprised if Xbox One sold more, regardless of what has been trending on Amazon. Personally speaking.

One thing though, if Star Wars gets good word of mouth all bets are off on that thing. The vibe I get is that the hype is pretty large but a lot of people are still somewhat unsure due to no real single player and a little dis trust of EA with the property.

If the word of mouth is excellent though? Yeah its gonna be gigantic. *It will be huge 1st month no matter what*

Okay here's two bingo charts

NEOGaf_Bingo_PS4.jpg

NEOGaf_Bingo_Xbone.jpg

Are people expecting Halo 5 to top the charts no matter what, or are then any contenders?
If it doesn't beat NBA and Madden then Halo is stepdad.
¡HarlequinPanic!;185205575 said:
think MGSV is gonna be giving it competition, if it doesn't take it, no?
No way.
The only other contender is AC: Syndicate
Ah, I forgot about AC. Hmm.
Depends what the actual results are. If there's a big upset, the meltdowns in that thread will be glorious.
I can only hope.

Kill3r7

¡HarlequinPanic!;185205575 said:
think MGSV is gonna be giving it competition, if it doesn't take it, no?

No chance MGSV. It finished behind NBA 2K16 and Madden last month. So the only 2 contenders are NBA 2k16 or AC Syndicate. I doubt either one of them is close to Halo 5.

I have no idea where to ask this, but since this thread is moving along, I might as well ask it here. Is a dust cover for my PS4 worth it? It's $24.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3KU0S8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Will it cause it to overheat? Is it worth it? I remember from my PS4 many months ago, it would collect an obscene amount of dust. I want to avoid that this time around.

if you completely turn off your PS4 i dont see a problem but yeah, i could it causing overheat if you leave it on rest mode and it begins downloading/installing a huge game

ViciousDS

Banned
Guitar Hero live pre-orders were pretty big......I could see it being #9 or #10 for top selling software..........possibly......by a small chance lol

Blanquito

405k Xbox One and 400k PS4

Feeling confident.

Kev stahp

Cool cool. I've gotta admit, with each passing month my confidence went lower and lower, but it's come back after the price drop and hearing reports from retail. However, I'm realistically still sitting at about a 50-50 chance of either one winning. :D

[Edit] You all are just pawns in Kev's hands. He literally doesn't even have to post words anymore and ya'll just freak out. Haha.

Top Bottom