• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Bronx-Man

Banned
I actually saw that Mark Henry/Daniel Bryan cage match when they taped it in Charlotte a couple of years ago. It was awesome seeing a slobberknocker like that live in front of me.

ngower

Got my tickets for TLC! Baby's first PPV, and my first live show in like 15 years (I went to a house show a few years back but eh...)

Been slowly trying to get back into wrasslin. Hopefully Bryan will be back in action by then.

Cagey

Banned
Nah, I mispoke there. The gist of my message is that I just don't find the monster characters the least bit interesting. Being strong doesnt make you interesting. Not when you limited to the types of in ring stories you can tell.

Ah, that's alright then. Different strokes, I guess.

Fox318

oh my god the way they covered world war 3 last week... tears

combine that with this week's bauer and pollock where they break down that leaked hogan wcw contract from 1998... hogan is a fucking crazy person. as if that wasn't obvious already. both podcasts are must listens.

imagine how much healthier the business would be if hogan wasn't nuts.

Macho wouldn't have been killed in 89, Sting would have went over clean in 1997, new talent would have looked good, nWo is killed off sooner.

I mean shit the dude was fucking nuts. Its like he thought everything was a shoot at all times.

Jerm411

imagine how much healthier the business would be if hogan wasn't nuts.

Macho wouldn't have been killed in 89, Sting would have went over clean in 1997, new talent would have looked good, nWo is killed off sooner.

I mean shit the dude was fucking nuts. Its like he thought everything was a shoot at all times.

It's crazy because all while he wouldn't put guys over or do the right thing for business, etc. he'd let a guy dressed like a friggin mummy come down and hump him for 20 seconds or be in a monster truck tug of war or the entire Dungeon of Doom fiasco.

Dude was insane...

klonere

Banned
Oh look GTAV is on sale, finally get a shot at this game after all this time.

ewXwPPF.png

fuck

Did anyone post this from a recent Kurt Angle interview?

On Bryan’s injury issues: “Daniel Bryan has his style of wrestling and he’s his own worst enemy. When he goes out to the ring he puts everything on the line especially his body. When you’re a wrestler you are not meant to be harming yourself but Daniel Bryan seems to be doing harm to himself whether he’s doing an offensive move or if someone is doing a move on him. Daniel is always bumping, his high running knee he takes a bump, when his flying through the ropes he’s taking a bump but that’s his style and he’s not going to change the way he wrestles, he’s going to wrestle like that until the day he retires. I just hope he gets another chance to get back in the ring and finish his career the way he wants to before he retires.”

prescription-pills1.jpg

ed0.gif

Did anyone post this from a recent Kurt Angle interview?

On Bryan’s injury issues: “Daniel Bryan has his style of wrestling and he’s his own worst enemy. When he goes out to the ring he puts everything on the line especially his body. When you’re a wrestler you are not meant to be harming yourself but Daniel Bryan seems to be doing harm to himself whether he’s doing an offensive move or if someone is doing a move on him. Daniel is always bumping, his high running knee he takes a bump, when his flying through the ropes he’s taking a bump but that’s his style and he’s not going to change the way he wrestles, he’s going to wrestle like that until the day he retires. I just hope he gets another chance to get back in the ring and finish his career the way he wants to before he retires.”

Wait, how does he take a bump while doing the high running knee? I don't see it.

Kornflayx

Mid 2011 - Mid 2012 was the peak of both Bryan & Henry. Henry had good matches with Orton, Big Show and Bryan. Anyone who tries to tell me anything different is a goddamn liar.

jmdajr

Going to Riveria Maya next week. (Cancun basically)

Weather predictions?

non stop thunderstorms the whole time.

At least it isn't my wedding!

Top Bottom