• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-jo Hall [OT] Legend of the Seven Stars

Brinbe

Kenny WILL get it at some point. Probably in the States. But if not, at some point later. They've booked him as strongly as you possibly can at this point. He took their unbeatable ace to his limit.

He's a goddamn star. Okada is amazing and yet doesn't quite get his due.

Cody is not at this level.

Not sure if it's because it's 7:40am here, but I'm really sad at the end of that match. Not because of how it ended, but because it's over.

They outdid their first match, which was one of the best matches I have ever seen, and made 60 minutes feel like 15.

Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada are unreal.

Probably the greatest draw in history.

Ha ha ha Callis calling for Cody to be expelled from BC

Also lol Callis saying omg when Gedo starts to talk.

Raw64life

Not sure if I'd say it's better than WK11 yet but it's definitely 1 and 2 for MOTY. I don't see how anything can top either of these matches.

If there was one complaint it was that much of the first 15 minutes was spent working on Okada's leg and then I don't think Omega went after the leg again the entire rest of the match and Okada certainly didn't bother selling it.

Still one of the best matches I've ever seen.

The chemistry Okada and Omega have is insane as well and it felt like it came out of nowhere initially.

That was unbelievable. There was less insane spots than WK and it was even better.

Cody has no fucking business being anywhere near Okada.

Brinbe

LOL @ this celebration for a draw.

Another thing, this match probably needed to be watched live. The feeling, the tension, the emotion we felt wouldn't be the same knowing the result going in.

That match was so fucking incredible. Don't want to compare it to WK11 yet.

But there's no way they go back to it anytime soon. Damn sure not in Long Beach. That's way too fast of a turnaround by NJPW booking standards. They want you to want it for a while.

LOL @ this celebration for a draw

Another thing, this match probably needed to be watched live. The feeling wouldn't be the same knowing the result going in.

My friend hasn't seen it yet and hasn't been spoiled but it still wouldn't be the same. I feel bad for him, poor bastard had inlaws around his place for dinner.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Incredible match, don't know which one I prefer right now. This Okada title reign has been amazing. Naito, Marufuji, Omega 1 & 2, Suzuki, Shibata, Ibushi, and even Bad Luck Fale. Also the G1 matches with Tana, Ishii and Marufuji.

I do have to think the title is going to Omega eventually.

If he wasn't going to they'd just have had Okada win imo.

I think they are waiting to see what Omega does in regards to leaving or staying. They don't want to kill him in case he stays, but they don't want to put the belt on him to have him leave. I think they want long-term commitment from him before making a decision.

LOL @ this celebration for a draw.

Another thing, this match probably needed to be watched live. The feeling, the tension, the emotion we felt wouldn't be the same knowing the result going in.

Definitely, it's 8am, I'm wired as fuck, and I'm probably not sleeping anytime soon, but TOTALLY worth it.

That match was so fucking incredible. Don't want to compare it to WK11 yet.

But there's no way they go back to it anytime soon. Damn sure not in Long Beach. That's way too fast of a turnaround by NJPW booking standards. They want you to want it for a while.

Yeah but a draw calls for a rematch sooner rather than down the road.

Long Beach is the perfect place for a title switch

Syder

Speechless.

G1_Special_in_USA.png

Brinbe

Hahaha all that coors

NO FUCK OUTTA HERE, CODY.

SO OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE.

AHHHHHHHHHH, IT'S PAINFUL HOW UNDESERVED THIS IS. FUCK OUTTA HEREEEEEE

Yeah but a draw calls for a rematch sooner rather than down the road.

Long Beach is the perfect place for a title switch

It's too soon. The match will mean more if you wait.

Long Beach is big, but it doesn't need that match or that title switch. Especially so after the match they just had.

And as the post match indicates, they are treating this more as an Okada defense than any immediate uncertainty.

Brinbe

Okada to be the face in America
KuGsj.gif

because FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK anyone that dares cheers Cody's undeserving ass over Okada, especially after that match.

For the first time in a looooong time Cody is finally doing some decent heel work.

But Jesus Christ, after that work of art the last thing I want to think about is Okada dragging Cody to a 4 star match.

lmao at Gedo going "Fuck!"

Edit: It's 2017 and Bad Luck Fale is a bigger threat to Okada than Cody Rhodes, didn't expect that.

Top Bottom