• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officers pepper-spraying 15-year-old girl following bicycle accident with vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ced

The way the spray was used was abuse.

Everything else I'm not sure how you all expect officers to deal with in that situation.

Oxn

That's interesting. I wonder - how would you have handled it?

That's bait.

No, thats not bait.

How would i have handled it. very similiarly, but they should definitely have been able to cuff her on their 1st attempt. They let her flail around for way too long before getting it on, considering it looked like 2 officers. With everything that is going on, they probably had it in the back of their mind not to do so.

I can agree that when she was in the car already and the officer sprayed in pepper spray was entirely messed up and uncalled for.

Newt

I agree that they showed too much restraint. They should've just cuffed her right away, thus avoiding the need for pepper spray.

I agree that they showed too much restraint. They should've just cuffed her right away, thus avoiding the need for pepper spray.

? They did cuff her. She didn't get sprayed until they tried to get her in the car and she refused to put her feet in. She kept putting them out of the car so they couldn't shut the door. If you do that you are likely to get sprayed if you refuse to do it after multiple commands and keep doing it (which she did multiple times).

They probably should have opened the other door and tried to pull her backwards so that she couldn't reach the other side and stick her feet out the door. That's about all I would have changed.

Source: Watched a lot of Cops.

Also, the moment you start kicking police officers (she disabled the one camera with a kick) you usually lose all protections. They held back and still carried her to the car while she struggled. All the police officers wanted was her name so they could contact her parents because she wasn't of age to make decisions. She refused on all accounts and resisted detainment and kicked the police.

LOL

So some salty Gaffer sent me a message on PSN, angry that they didn't like my opinion of 'If a bike hit my car, chances are my car would be ok.'

How do I know they're a gaffer? For one my PSN isn't the same as my GAF name, and non-gaffers can't view profile information. They're a dumbass~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom