• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

Nivert

Is their a throwing knife/axe in this one? I'm also a bit bummed that the riot shield has limited use. Throwing knife + shield was one of my favorite setups to mess around with. :(

You probably saw the shield ability, there's still a real riot shield.

I think the only throwing thing is the spike ball that you shoot out and you can pick it back up or also command it to return to you (and kill someone on the way back too)

Popsickles

Just Pre-ordered from US web store (in UK) is says that you get both ps3 and ps4 versions yet only ps4 shows to download ps3 still says pre-order. Will this change come release day or do i have to go onto ps3 to activate as the ps3 in my house does not have my American account activated on it yet

Natels

Just Pre-ordered from US store (UK) is says that you get both ps3 and ps4 versions yet only ps4 shows to download ps3 still says pre-order. Will this change come release day or do i have to go onto ps3 to activate

You have to download the PS3 version on the release day

Duxxy3

Hypothetically speaking, if I was to simply walk into a GamStop today and ask to pre-order the Day Zero Edition, what are the odds of them having any left?

Would be funny if they turned people away on monday. Especially if a best buy or walmart is within walking distance.

"Nope, only pre-orders today"

"Oh, alright I guess I'll walk the 50 feet to the other store and give them my money instead"

ha, in one of my accounts the game unlocks like 6hrs earlier and thank god is my main account .

though it sucks that the download speed it was working at first now is supper halved(was 28GB now 29.15GB after like 5 hrs) but i dont wanna log out and then in because it could mess up my unlock time or some weird shit like that

Buzzbrad

Really wish the control schemes were posted. Really want to know where the movement buttons will be

c0516741de.jpg

You probably saw the shield ability, there's still a real riot shield.

I think the only throwing thing is the spike ball that you shoot out and you can pick it back up or also command it to return to you (and kill someone on the way back too)

Whoa... wtf!? We get a spiked throwing ball projectile thing?! Ok anybody have footage of this i'm searching but coming up with nothing. If i can rock a riot shield and this mace projectile... my troll setup is coming together ;P

Natels

ha, in one of my accounts the game unlocks like 6hrs earlier and thank god is my main account .

though it sucks that the download speed it was working at first now is supper halved(was 28GB now 29.15GB after like 5 hrs) but i dont wanna log out and then in because it could mess up my unlock time or some weird shit like that

It won't mess the unlock time.

Navy Bean

Lol...first stream I find the guy is quick-scoping. Literally the one thing I hate most about these games. Fortunately he either sucked at it or it's harder in this game because he was getting stomped.

aravuus

Not sure why the dash has to be double click when on ground but otherwise it looks like a fairly good control scheme. Shouldn't take more than a couple of matches to get used to.

The more I think about it and watch the streams, the more excited I'm getting specifically about the freedom of movement.

Portugeezer

Not sure why the dash has to be double click when on ground but otherwise it looks like a fairly good control scheme. Shouldn't take more than a couple of matches to get used to.

The more I think about it and watch the streams, the more excited I'm getting specifically about the freedom of movement.

Same button as sprint. One click = sprint in COD.

The Beard

I feel like one click dashes would lead to too many accidental and frustrating moments.

aravuus

Same button as sprint. One click = sprint in COD.

So you can dash forward too, then? Cause it only says double click when dashing left, right or backwards which are directions you obviously can't sprint at. Guess it would make sense then, keeping the controls consistent. Click once, sprint. Twice, dash.

I feel like one click dashes would lead to many frustrating moments.

This might be true too, though. Hard to say just yet.

Natels

Guy's it's only one click to dash. 100% sure ;)

I heard someone on Youtube who had a chance to play the game saying it was double click... In the streams I noticed people don't dash that much while on the ground, maybe that has something to do with it?

Hope is single click tho

I heard someone on Youtube who had a chance to play the game saying it was double click... In the streams I noticed people don't dash that much while on the ground, maybe that has something to do with it?

Hope is single click tho

It was double click at event, final release it's only 1 though. trust me

Karak

Hope is single click tho

Its single.

The Beard

I sure hope so, I think I'd prefer it being single click

Lots of different control schemes and settings would be the best of course but I've thrown away all hope for that kind of stuff in console games.

Yeah, double click would be harder to pull of quickly enough to be effective in some situations.

Saiyan-Rox

Went ahead and bought the PS4 version from Amazon as it was the cheapest I could find for here in the UK.

Suppose these should ship tomorrow if it's to be here for monday?

woen

Playing the campaign is definitely the thing to do first this time again, especially to get used to the exo control scheme.

Grady

Would be funny if they turned people away on monday. Especially if a best buy or walmart is within walking distance.

"Nope, only pre-orders today"

"Oh, alright I guess I'll walk the 50 feet to the other store and give them my money instead"

Technically Monday would still be a preorder. So, you should be able to walk in on Monday and walk out with the game.

Top Bottom