• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

LeFAIS

I'm so hesitant to buy this game, need something to keep me busy until Unity releases.
Somebody, anybody sell me this game...

Spazo

Anyone know if Headquarters has been renamed to Hardpoint right? HQ was the main thing my buddies and I played, we skipped Ghosts because of it.

Hardpoint is a gamemode featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II and in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The teams must rush to secure a "hardpoint" on the map and repel the area from the enemies. Holding the hardpoint increases the teams' score, but if no players are in the hardpoint, no points are gained. It is similar to Headquarters, but respawning is always enabled, even if the player's team is holding the hardpoint. The Hardpoint switches to different set rotational positions on the map several times during the match. A point is granted every second a single team is present in the Hardpoint. If players from both teams are present in the Hardpoint, it will be marked as "contested" and neither team will gain points until remaining enemies are removed from the objective. Players who arrive in a new Hardpoint or one that was previously occupied by enemies gains 200 score for "Securing the Hardpoint" and will receive a "Hardpoint Secure" medal. The first player who secures a hardpoint shortly after it changes gets a 'Forward Position' medal.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Hardpoint

Nope, it's different. Hardpoint you have to control an area of the map and 1 second = 1 point. Your team needs at least one player in that zone to get points, and if there is an enemy player aswell it gets contested and neither team scores

Hardpoint is a gamemode featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II and in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The teams must rush to secure a "hardpoint" on the map and repel the area from the enemies. Holding the hardpoint increases the teams' score, but if no players are in the hardpoint, no points are gained. It is similar to Headquarters, but respawning is always enabled, even if the player's team is holding the hardpoint. The Hardpoint switches to different set rotational positions on the map several times during the match. A point is granted every second a single team is present in the Hardpoint. If players from both teams are present in the Hardpoint, it will be marked as "contested" and neither team will gain points until remaining enemies are removed from the objective. Players who arrive in a new Hardpoint or one that was previously occupied by enemies gains 200 score for "Securing the Hardpoint" and will receive a "Hardpoint Secure" medal. The first player who secures a hardpoint shortly after it changes gets a 'Forward Position' medal.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Hardpoint

Same concept, slightly different objective. Both are variations on KotH.

Thanks guys, hmm will have to go check out some of the gameplay for it. Seems interesting though

Duxxy3

Madden and fifa are sports games, cod is diff, cod4 to me was a huge change from cod2 and funny thing is, most cod players have never even played cod2, so they cant mentally compare. I think that since cod4, the game has gotten more and more stale. Im not the demographic for cod, at least not since post-cod4, i love arena shooters and titanfall was a huge letdown. If codaw can bring in new arena shooter gameplay mechanics and it works, then thats a success to me, even if it means losing the cod faithful, they will just be replaced with new blood, itll even itself out.

The old quake arena demographic that you're a part of (don't tell anybody but so am I) is tiny in comparison to the COD faithful. Activision won't risk losing those consumers, hence classic playlist.

I'm excited to see how all of this turns out. I want to see which playlist gets chosen. Will COD continue on the road the MW1 set it on, or will it allow for some change?

My guess is that even if the standard playlist comes out on top, the next two entries in the series will keep the MW1 style of gameplay. Black Ops 3 is definitely too far in development to make such a big change. Infinity corpse is still reeling from Ghosts, so god knows what they are going to do.

Really easy, just create an email (or use some spare email you have) and follow the steps on the PS when creating the account. PS Plus will carry from your US account. :)

Is there any risk of screwing with your other account? If i play on this new Aussie account will it then block my US account or will it just be a fresh start on Sunday/Monday when it releases?

Madden and fifa are sports games, cod is diff, cod4 to me was a huge change from cod2 and funny thing is, most cod players have never even played cod2, so they cant mentally compare. I think that since cod4, the game has gotten more and more stale. Im not the demographic for cod, at least not since post-cod4, i love arena shooters and titanfall was a huge letdown. If codaw can bring in new arena shooter gameplay mechanics and it works, then thats a success to me, even if it means losing the cod faithful, they will just be replaced with new blood, itll even itself out.

Dude, there aren't 10+ million arena shooter fans out there. Especially not ones that are looking to play on a controller.

dB Viper

With Destiny and MCC, this will not be a day 1 purchase for me. I'll wait to see the general consensus, then look to get this around Christmas time (when the price is probably $40, as well).

I'm tempted. Haven't bought a CoD since MW3 and AW does look good with the exo movement adding a new flavour to how the maps are traversed, my best bet now to get it at launch is PSN though.

The Beard

I've watched at least an hour of multiplayer streams combined at this point, and I think this game is really going to alienate some of the Call of Duty faithful. The movement abilities so drastically changes the flow of combat that I think a lot of people who just love pure COD gunfights are going to be turned off immediately. I've already seen this happening in streams, where the guy playing is complaining about it.

I like what I see, because I'm open to some change, but I might be in the minority on that.

I kinda wonder if they're letting you use the exo abilities a little too frequently. I watched a very high level player and he was flying all over the place. Toning down how frequently you can boost might help to alleviate some of that alienation.

I watched my first stream of the game last night on PS4, and I really liked what I saw. I've played the hell out of COD since #4 and fatigue really hit me hard after Blops 2, then I decided to pick up Ghosts just because it was PS4 launch title. Ghosts damn near killed the series for me. If it wasn't for BF4's 6 month paid Beta testing BF might've really stole a huge chunk of COD fans.

The movement looked awesome. There didn't seem to be a limit on it though, at least I wasn't seeing a meter or anything. The game also sounded fricken awesome.

Yoday

I have never really played COD MP. I think if I added up my total MP time in all of the games since the start of the franchise I would be at less than four hours, but I am actually getting more and more interested in this game. I think I may actually get it and give the MP a fair shake.

ascully

Order Contents:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition Quantity Shipped: 1

Oh god it's happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BajiBoxer

Banned
What are custom game options generally like in cod? I'm coming from the perspective of someone that has primarily played Halo. Is it as extensive?

jeffc919

Really easy, just create an email (or use some spare email you have) and follow the steps on the PS when creating the account. PS Plus will carry from your US account. :)

Another question...if I played MP on the Australian account, would the leveling up, unlocks, stats, etc. carry over when I play on the US account the next day, or would I be back to level 1?

MisterM

Order Contents:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition Quantity Shipped: 1

Oh god it's happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Tesco order is "Ready to Dispatch" now, rather than "Waiting to Dispatch".

...interesting. I was expecting to get it Tuesday, perhaps it will arrive on Monday.

ascully

My Tesco order is "Ready to Dispatch" now, rather than "Waiting to Dispatch".

...interesting. I was expecting to get it Tuesday, perhaps it will arrive on Monday.

Mine is from Gamestop here in the US, says Monday end of day. I am surprised as Gamestop usually mess up royally with orders in my experience.

So if you're addicted to cocaine just try heroin so you're no longer addicted to cocaine?

image.php

Usually CoD is day of. I'm thinking it might be Monday though since the game is basically coming out then.

Yeah that is what we have been flip flopping on in this thread. Just odd there is no confirmation from reviewers/editors yet as there usually is.

It better be Monday, otherwise Activision will have pulled a double take TWICE this year with Destiny not having reviews for week+ and then with AW selling the game a day early and having reviews come out the day after that.

Natels

Another question...if I played MP on the Australian account, would the leveling up, unlocks, stats, etc. carry over when I play on the US account the next day, or would I be back to level 1?

Back to level 1. It's good to play early and try out the game and new mechanics tho.

Is there any risk of screwing with your other account? If i play on this new Aussie account will it then block my US account or will it just be a fresh start on Sunday/Monday when it releases?

Nah, all good. At your local midnight you switch to your main account and start from level 1.

Hanmik

I always end up loving COD games.. lol and I´m 39 years old.. I get my ass served on a plate almost every game online, but I still love it..

watched a stream on my PS4 last night.. I must convince my wife to buy it ..

Back to level 1. It's good to play early and try out the game and new mechanics tho.

Nah, all good. At your local midnight you switch to your main account and start from level 1.

I know this might be a lot to ask...

But would you consider putting together a quick little step by step post on how one in the US might do this? Click here... enter that sorta guide for idiots like myself ? lol I'm sure others would also really be into it!

Sooooo I am likely in the minority here, but who is playing this just for the SP?

I dabble a bit in MP and likely will a bit more with the new gameplay mechanics, but I usually get excited for the SP.

Duxxy3

Sooooo I am likely in the minority here, but who is playing this just for the SP?

I dabble a bit in MP and likely will a bit more with the new gameplay mechanics, but I usually get excited for the SP.

First thing I'm doing is playing through the campaign. Then I'll do offline bots to get used to the maps and new mechanics. Then I'll play some actual multiplayer.

Natels

I know this might be a lot to ask...

But would you consider putting together a quick little step by step post on how one in the US might do this? Click here... enter that sorta guide for idiots like myself ? lol I'm sure others would also really be into it!

It's really easy, here goes.

1 - Create an email or have a spare one you can use.

2 - Go to your PS and on the log in screen click "New User"

3 - Click "Create a User", accept user agreement and click "Next" on the PSN screen

4 - Click "New to PSN? Create an Account"

5 - Now just put Australia on the country and follow the remaining steps. (Postal code is 4 numbers, you can choose randomly)

6 - Activate the PSN account through the email

7 - Log in to your new account and the timer will be some hours shorter

E92 M3

I enjoy the SP and tend to play it first before getting into MP.

That said, nothing beats playing MP when everyone is still learning. It's chaotic and fun.

J.EM1

*raises hand*

SP, bot mode and survival. I quit online MP after MW2.

Randam

Sorry but: MichaelJordanlaughing.gif

3 - Click "Create a User", accept user agreement and click "Next" on the PSN screen

5 - Now just put Australia on the country and follow the remaining steps. (Postal code is 4 numbers, you can choose randomly)

Ohhhh, Ok, that makes sense now. I was confused to the whole AUS PSN part....

I'm not sure if you realise but games unlock by the region you purchased from, not where you account is set up for.

I know because I am Aussie and buy my digital games off the U.S. store, unless something has changed with Sony in the last few days.

Nodnol

I enjoy the SP and tend to play it first before getting into MP.

That said, nothing beats playing MP when everyone is still learning. It's chaotic and fun.

This!

I always play the SP first; whack the sensitivity all the way up and re-educate myself with the twitch.

With x2 XP though, how can I not jump into MP pretty much straight away? I'll probably play a mission or two to get used to the mechanics again and then it's jumping all in!

I always end up loving COD games.. lol and I´m 39 years old.. I get my ass served on a plate almost every game online, but I still love it..

watched a stream on my PS4 last night.. I must convince my wife to buy it ..

Have to play smarter as you get older to keep up with the kiddies. Reflexes are not what they used to be so the twitch gameplay and low TTK progression is a bummer.

Natels

I'm not sure if you realise but games unlock by the region you purchased from, not where you account is set up for.

I know because I am Aussie and buy my digital games off the U.S. store, unless something has changed with Sony in the last few days.

I do that too. It's different with this game, you'll be able to play at your local midnight.

The timer in the menu shows diferent times in different accounts

Top Bottom