• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

Lucifon

Sigh, just heard Tesco are shipping out preorders at midnight tonight. No chance of getting it early, and an increased risk of it not arriving on time now (Royal mail).

NHale

So you all got advanced arsenal and digital customization pack dlc ?

My preload is finished and I only have the main game but no addons : (

There is nothing under releated items or addons beside season pass and destiny shaders.

I bought day zero edition for 60$ on US psn store (ps4 ver.).

Same thing here. Im questioning if we were actually supposed to get those add-ons...

Damn, there are so many of you getting physical copies of Call of Duty. I should check callendar if it really is 2014 outside.

Call of Duty is a perfect game for trade-ins if people don't like it, so it makes sense to buy a physical copy.

I only bought it digital because I can get it cheaper and faster on US PSN Store (47€) than importing from UK and wait 4 days to arrive and it would me more expensive (50€) or getting a physical copy where I live (70€). Faster and cheaper works for me but if I had a choice of same price and same day, I would chose physical every time.

RulkezX

Damn, there are so many of you getting physical copies of Call of Duty. I should check callendar if it really is 2014 outside.

Yeah I mean why the fuck would I want to save £15 on a game right?

And who cares if I can sell it for near £30 in 6 months when I'm finished with it?
Amazon have been pretty good with me in the past, must be a location thing.

More a Royal Mail thing I think. Amazon are great when they use any delivery method than RM. I only live 60 miles from their Scottish distribution centre, and RM have failed to get me Alien and Sunset Overdrive on time despite Amazon shipping in plenty of time.

Calmine

Yeah I mean why the fuck would I want to save £15 on a game right?

And who cares if I can sell it for near £30 in 6 months when I'm finished with it?

More a Royal Mail thing I think. Amazon are great when they use any delivery method than RM. I only live 60 miles from their Scottish distribution centre, and RM have failed to get me Alien and Sunset Overdrive on time despite Amazon shipping in plenty of time.

Yeah it is Royal Mail most of the time. Just kinda stopped using Amazon since my last two preorders on them were delayed for no reason.

th4tguy

hoping my $15 PSN credit comes in soon. Thinking of upgrading to the limited digital edition. Only $25 after the above credit.

Nope.

It goes...

Xbox 360 >>>> Xbox One
PS3>><<PS4

The Playstation is Cross-Buy, the Xbox version is just an upgrade, not a downgrade.

wow, i would of thought both would be cross buy. its strange to have the platform they have timed DLC deals and advertising deals with to not have the cross buy.

Mafro

I'm buying physical in case it turns out to be a massive disappointment like Ghosts which I traded in after two weeks last year, campaign was predictable and average, and the multiplayer was such a step back from Black Ops 2. Not willing to pay £55 for a digital copy if there's a possibility of the same thing happening again.

On Demand

Banned

Physical media isn't going anywhere anytime soon. People like to own their games and do whatever they want with them after they're done.

And then you have to think about bandwidth caps and slow connections. I'm sorry but while digital is getting popular, videogames and movies are not the same as music. We are going to buying them on disc for a long time.

Now excuse me while I wait to pick up my limited edition.........

EDIT-

I'm actually surprised there are so many on here buying digital games only. I would never have a digital library of games. Doesn't feel right. I like having my collection on a shelf.

CozMick

Banned
Exo boosting is gonna get annoying fast. No timers, just straight woosh. Wooooooosh. Woooooooosh. Wooosh. woooosh.

Although it could completely iradicate camping

Nodnol

I feel like I'll cave at any minute too lol.

Where does this COD itch come from?!

Nothing scratches that itch like COD!

The buzz of unlocking weapons and perks, exploring kill streaks, those brief moments where everything clicks and you rampage around. The satisfaction of rage quitters running anyway from your carnage. That lucky quick scope. That triple kill on the flag. That last man standing search and destroy kill.

A month later we are all hating everything and reminiscing about COD4, but until then, it's awesome.

Anyone know when i can pre load this on Steam in Australia?

Also just saw in the hardware details on the Steam store page it says additional notes: FOV 60-90'. 90' FOV makes me very pleased.

Nothing scratches that itch like COD!

The buzz of unlocking weapons and perks, exploring kill streaks, those brief moments where everything clicks and you rampage around. The satisfaction of rage quitters running anyway from your carnage. That lucky quick scope. That triple kill on the flag. That last man standing search and destroy kill.

A month later we are all hating everything and reminiscing about COD4, but until then, it's awesome.

Ghosts didn't do any of this for me.

witness

Going to end up trading in Destiny tomorrow for this. Skipped Ghosts so it's been a while, I'm excited to head back in. Also pretty great that zombies are back. Was just going going to get it from gamefly.....but fuck man those day zero/preorder bonuses....

Lucifon

Oh man really? That sucks. It better arrive on Monday.

Now a guy on HUKD told me he spoke to them on the phone and the guy told him they're sending them all out on Saturday evening... I seriously hope that's not true, otherwise they're going to have a ton of pissed off customers.

Nivert

Yes, or at least a few days beforehand. As of now, I feel like this thread is the OT lol.

You pretty much get a random thread related to the game that acts as the OT until the game comes out except without any information of an OT so you just get a lot more questions that an OT would answer for people.

jeffc919

So if I'm in the U.S., how much trouble would it be to create a second PSN account that will in theory unlock the game earlier on Sunday? Also, is this even known for sure to work? Maybe the unlock time is determined by which region store you preloaded from, not which region you're currently logged into?

I know people in Europe have done basically the same thing in order to get games cheaper from the U.S. store, or to get an uncensored version of a game. I also thought with Destiny people were trying to unlock the game early by switching regions, but for some reason I seem to remember that not working.

Calmine

Now a guy on HUKD told me he spoke to them on the phone and the guy told him they're sending them all out on Saturday evening... I seriously hope that's not true, otherwise they're going to have a ton of pissed off customers.

Seriously if do that then so much for the Day Zero release promise. No way will it arrive on Monday if dispatched Saturday evening. Only reason why I ordered from Tesco was day zero and 5 quid off first order.

E92 M3

It's certainly acting like it.

I think a lot of games are just getting makeshift OTs in place of what would have been an actual one.

You pretty much get a random thread related to the game that acts as the OT until the game comes out except without any information of an OT so you just get a lot more questions that an OT would answer for people.

Indeed, guys. Their intentions were pure - but we should go back to the old - or slightly modified - OT model.

muggen76

Hmm so bought it on psn from browser. Wont download to my ps4.
Could the update have unchecked my settings to auto download and check for updates?

Spazo

pre-loaded day zero edition on my ps4 yesturday, I still dont see any addons... pre-order bonus, map, guns, etc..

When I go in Library, the only available addon, is the season pass (witch didn't come with my edition)

Scroll onto the icon of AW and go down to Related Items. Click on it and there are little icons to the side of your DLC.
B1Nuo-kIUAEdwXB.jpg

B1NuUUwIYAAb5wf.jpg

Click each check box.

I don't see any off this :(

jeffc919

pre-loaded day zero edition on my ps4 yesturday, I still dont see any addons... pre-order bonus, map, guns, etc..

When I go in Library, the only available addon, is the season pass (witch didn't come with my edition)

I don't have any off this :(

Maybe try restoring licenses...this has worked in the past sometimes for similar issues.

Lucifon

Seriously if do that then so much for the Day Zero release promise. No way will it arrive on Monday if dispatched Saturday evening. Only reason why I ordered from Tesco was day zero and 5 quid off first order.

Yep I got a pretty good price on the Atlas Edition back in July which is why I've got it preordered with Tesco, but if it doesn't turn up I'll just return it and get it elsewhere.

The thing that really concerns me and makes me think it's possible is how they seem to be refusing to say when orders are going out on social media. Wheras with Destiny there was a ton of people asking and they said "they're all going out today" etc. Doesn't seem to be the case with cod, just the usual canned response of "we aim to get all preorders there for the release date".

aravuus

Yes, or at least a few days beforehand. As of now, I feel like this thread is the OT lol.

I supported the idea at first cause it sounded like something that would make perfect sense but as new games have come out, it's getting more obvious the OTs really should be up at least 3 or 4 days before the game comes out

Frillen

There's plenty of reasons why I buy physical copies still.

1. The website that I preorder games from usually send out the copies 2-3 days before the release, which means I occasionally get the game 1 day before the release date.
2. I like having physical evidence of owning a game.
3. Removing the plastic and opening the cover, the manual smell... There's just something about that that never grows old.
4. The first time I preordered digitally was actually with inFAMOUS First Light. I ended up getting my preorder cancelled by Sony themselves because of an error in their database. So yeah, bad experience.

Top Bottom