• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
FASTFASTFASTFASTFAST.

Spare me. CoD's obsession with speed is an enormous turn-off for me nowadays. 3-5 years ago, sure, I could play these games, but now? I just don't have the brain for it.

It gets better with each title. There's still going to be the mp matches where you get a player rushing down each kill, but overall the single player isn't that bad. You can throw grenades right back at the enemies or you can take your time.

The mp is what alienates a lot of things. You could have an average match one minute and being fighting with guys on the mic the next. Overall it's pretty balanced at first.

It's probably not going to be like launch night with Perfect Dark Zero where everyone knows nothing about the game and you could literally do whatever you wanted inside a match.

Portugeezer

hmm ... time to update this?
egl7Z.jpg

I'll wait and see

March is wrong. No one will ever say that about Ghosts.

legacyzero

Banned
I dont really HATE Ghosts. It's just that it was so broken on PC, it was hard to enjoy Multiplayer-wise. I liked the bigger maps, after hating BLOPS2's small, crampy, and mostly symmetrical maps.

Meier

Reminds me of Titanfall (minus titans). Felt like thats what some of those players probably said but had to be edited out. lol

I played Titanfall for about 30 mins at a friend's place and this is what Titanfall needed IMO. Core mechanics were good, but the Titan stuff was a waste and really ruined the flow of the matches. I'm sure I'd have gotten more accustomed to it, but it wasn't intuitive nor did it add any level of fun IMO.

This looks great, I'm excited about it.

siah

Banned
I played Titanfall for about 30 mins at a friend's place and this is what Titanfall needed IMO. Core mechanics were good, but the Titan stuff was a waste and really ruined the flow of the matches. I'm sure I'd have gotten more accustomed to it, but it wasn't intuitive nor did it add any level of fun IMO.

This looks great, I'm excited about it.

Completely disagree about your comments in regards to Titans ruining the flow of matches.

BrunoM

I love the idea of something new after mw4 black ops the series feels over played but with that said I'm not sure about this jump packs and suits there's something about it that tries me off brings some things about crisis to mind that I didn't like ..

But again the series does need a change so let's see if this is it ...
Because come next year black ops 3 will come out and will be more "traditional" so nothing wrong with rolling with this and see what happens

Natels

I dont really HATE Ghosts. It's just that it was so broken on PC, it was hard to enjoy Multiplayer-wise. I liked the bigger maps, after hating BLOPS2's small, crampy, and mostly symmetrical maps.

Black Ops 2 has 2 symmetrical maps. Most of them are the right size and not just garbage disposed randomly like Ghosts.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I actually really hated the bigger maps in Ghosts, it just turned into snipe wars and that's not why I play CoD.

Ghosts sucked massively on PC, we never got clan tags, there wasn't VAC for like 3 months so everyone was using aimbot, wallhack and all perk hack, it was infested faster than any CoD I've played, and I've played them all. Infinity Ward have neglected the PC platform for a very long time now, they didn't even add a FoV slider so we had to download a 3rd party app to get a basic PC feature.

Black Ops 2 in comparison was heaven, I didn't see a single cheater for 2 months, and then it was like 1 - 2 a week. Plus they gave us a FoV slider, which shouldn't be news really.

I hope I can camp and snipe in this game. Thats what I liked about MW2 cause I knew all the camping spots for most of the maps, but then I moved on to One Man Army + Danger Close

Teremap

Banned
The most annoying thing about this video is that a lot of this stuff we already have in the Crysis series' multiplayer.

Cornbread78

I hope I can camp and snipe in this game. Thats what I liked about MW2 cause I knew all the camping spots for most of the maps, but then I moved on to One Man Army + Danger Close

$hit, you're doing it wrong... Just sit in the back of the map and quick scope the whole match and talk major $hit the whole time like one of the other 10 year olds that can't really play the game the way it was intended and just use exploits to play....

legacyzero

Banned
I don't think five hours is too bad, as long as the actual story itself is good. Even though I consider Black Ops 1 to be the best CoD (both SP and MP), there were times where I felt the campaign dragged on a little. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

Plus, with all the additions in multiplayer, there (hopefully) should be a lot more content for me to sink my teeth into to "make up" for those missing campaign hours.

Was a huge fan of MW1 and 2. 3 was OK, and Ghosts series was pretty bad for me. I mainly got in Ghosts 2 to play with my cousin. Now she's getting AW so I'm going to get it as well. Something to play on my xb1 finally, and even though this is nothing revolutionary/game changing, like CoD x Titanfall without titans is my initial impression, I enjoy shooters so I'm hopeful it'll still be fun.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
I'm interested to see how the storyline plays out with Kevin Spacey. First COD I have looked forward to since Black Ops 1. Outside of some enjoyment with Black Ops 2, I always questioned why I came back to this series lol. With no FPS competitive multi-player able to keep me interested right now, I'm hoping the changes that they have made with this year will bring back that original enjoyment.

The most annoying thing about this video is that a lot of this stuff we already have in the Crysis series' multiplayer.

Which is one of the only reasons I'll be playing it. Loved Crysis multiplayer, but it had a steep learning curve which didn't appeal to the masses, but was also marred with bugs/other issues.

Wasp

I remember when I used to play CoD4, WaW and even MW2 really slowly and cautiously, staying crouched most of the time to prevent footstep noise and keeping my back to the wall.

It almost impossible to play the newer games like that now. The series has become Quake III or Unreal Tournament. It's all about running around in the open, sprint, sprint, sprint, gotta go fast, gotta go fast.

I remember when I used to play CoD4, WaW and even MW2 really slowly and cautiously, staying crouched most of the time to prevent footstep noise and keeping my back to the wall.

It almost impossible to play the newer games like that now. The series has become Quake III or Unreal Tournament. It's all about running around in the open, sprint, sprint, sprint, gotta go fast, gotta go fast.

it's what dead silence was for. The series has been fast for awhile now. It was inevitable to embrace and go a bit faster. I'm all for it

blops II really pushed FAST FAST FAST into overdrive. there were no footstep sounds, even with the hearing perk.

the one thing i like about ghosts is that if you slow down and listen for footsteps, you usually can come out on top. too bad the TTK is so low.

Have they said anything about alternate controller layouts? This game needs bumper jumper hitting A constantly to jump would suck.

I hope I'm not forced to get a scuf controller because they don't have a bumper jumper option. But jumping without taking your finger off the right stick seems like it would be important in this game.

blops II really pushed FAST FAST FAST into overdrive. there were no footstep sounds, even with the hearing perk.

the one thing i like about ghosts is that if you slow down and listen for footsteps, you usually can come out on top. too bad the TTK is so low.

You must have a crap headset. I just started playing league play in blops 2 again this week and you can still hear people in SnD who have dead silence on.

Infinity ward always breaks the footsteps they are way too loud .

Advanced warfare doesn't even have a dead silence or ninja perk its an EXO ability so it's very limited. I'm hoping it doesn't ruin search and destroy.

kuYuri

I actually really hated the bigger maps in Ghosts, it just turned into snipe wars and that's not why I play CoD.

Ghosts sucked massively on PC, we never got clan tags, there wasn't VAC for like 3 months so everyone was using aimbot, wallhack and all perk hack, it was infested faster than any CoD I've played, and I've played them all. Infinity Ward have neglected the PC platform for a very long time now, they didn't even add a FoV slider so we had to download a 3rd party app to get a basic PC feature.

Black Ops 2 in comparison was heaven, I didn't see a single cheater for 2 months, and then it was like 1 - 2 a week. Plus they gave us a FoV slider, which shouldn't be news really.

Ghosts has an FOV slider now.

Ghosts is a real anomaly. It's the only COD I've been really disappointed in. I actually like the single player more than the multiplayer. It's so dull.

Same here. I was always able to have tons of fun with all of the CODs since 4, but Ghosts was just bad. The large maps and boring killstreaks just did nothing for me. The only thing I'm worried about in AW is the fast time to kill from the trailers. This is something that is hard to really know unless you actually play the game for a bit. Ghosts had a low TTK and it bothered the shit out of me. So we shall see.

Ghosts just didn't have any character or soul, it was weird, cant really put my finger on it.

After playing Ghost for about 2 hours, this is going to be sweet. The hype is real for this game. Blops2 is my favorite COD, and this is looking just like it with a few twist.

Any word on the Squad stuff from Ghosts returning?

My biggest problem with Ghosts was just how absolutely bland everything was.
campaign was a rehash of MW2 with even more generic enemies. Worst weapon selection ever, not just bland but frustrating maps, generic kill streaks, and so on.

Im hoping after Advanced Warfare BO3 goes back and does more with the 80's & 90's.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

campaign was a rehash of MW2 with even more generic enemies. Worst weapon selection ever, not just bland but frustrating maps, generic kill streaks, and so on.

2015 will probably be the year of Ghosts 2.

I thought it was an easy CoD. They really should work on their enemy setups and giving players more room.
I remember the skyscraper level was pretty awesome, but you were on this linear path with the campaign. You couldn't just hop out of any window.

The dog stuff was interesting, but it was a lot of this "let's make this happen at mark A and B and that's it". Typically they have really fun scenarios, but I was fighting to get over the beginning of the game. BO1 had that entire scene at the beginning that drove the entire game IMO.

egl7Z.jpg

This is slightly accurate on a lot of different levels.

kuYuri

Im hoping after Advanced Warfare BO3 goes back and does more with the 80's & 90's.

Well, that's too bad for you, cause there at like 6 returning Ghosts' weapons in this game, lol.

No one would admit it, but there are lots of of things Ghosts did right, that even Sledgehammer is including them in AW.

Top Bottom