• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

vin-buc

Ghosts has its flaws but its still good fun. I have ALOT of time in on Ghosts and I don't get the hate.

For the people saying frame rate sucks on ps4 - I think you're mistaken. There is absolutely zero slowdown on any map period.

I still play all the time as do my friends and its fun. I will continue to play it after COD:AW releases.

For all those saying "Treyarch deliver us" - its just too much. I couldn't stand WaW, BLop 1 (worst in series period) or BLop 2 (not as bad as one). They have NOTHING on the MW series. The movement, the hit detection was straight trash.

CoD MP is all I play (occasionally play the blockbuster exclusive when I need a break) for the past 7 years. I find it be extremely fun and competitive. After a long day of work and all my kids go to sleep I wreck kids. I feel like Senator Francis Underwood.

I'm 40, have a high paying job and I'm ranked 83 in the world in TDM w/ a near 2.0 K/D. Don't mess with my CoD.

=P

McLovin

I could have sworn that I heard the stutter on the ps4 version came from the game going over 60fps and not synching properly with some sets.

vin-buc

I could have sworn that I heard the stutter on the ps4 version came from the game going over 60fps and not synching properly with some sets.

DF did tests and that was not the case - there were drops. But that had to have been patched because it just doesn't exist. Ive been playing hard since release. After the first or second patch DF did another analysis of the XB1 version and that version was dropping to very low 40s fps's. Maybe the XB1 players can chime in if that issue still exists.

DF did tests and that was not the case - there were drops. But that had to have been patched because it just doesn't exist. Ive been playing hard since release. After the first or second patch DF did another analysis of the XB1 version and that version was dropping to very low 40s fps's. Maybe the XB1 players can chime in if that issue still exists.

Maybe you are playing in 720p or something but over here in 1080p on the ps4 it most definitely drops, and also for al my buddies. The game is Garbage.

vin-buc

Nope. 1080p on a benq 24inch 60hz. No drops at all ever. In terms of the game being garbage - everyone entitled to their opinion.

This is new to me though - if I play on a 720p monitor how would that affect the framereate exactly? You can't choose what to render the game at on a console to optimize performance......right?

Nhutty

I enjoyed Ghost more than most, I liked not having to grind the perks I used most. It even meant that this is the first COD game that I've maxed prestige.

I do get frame drops though, and it happens quite frequently too.

vin-buc

What kind of drops - its so smooth for me. I either use red dot, iron, or thermal sights on any gun. With kem strikes, air support its nothing like it was when first released (especially on Stonehaven - that had serious fps issues). I had input/display lag issues when I played on a bigger display and that gave me lag. Since I've switched to the benq - I've been beasting it LoL.

Well, that's too bad for you, cause there at like 6 returning Ghosts' weapons in this game, lol.
Na the ones coming back are fine, problem with Ghosts weapon list wasn't that most sucked but also the fact that the skins were so bland and based on 3rd rate weapons.

Advanced Warfare's weapon list has many weapons that are potential advancements to legacy weapons and not 3rd rate knockoff.
MP5->KF5
UMP->SN6
MP7->MP11
Vector->SAC3

Lazyslob

Banned
havent played a COD game in a while but i think this one looks pretty cool i might pick it up. do a lot of people play ghosts MP on pc?

kuYuri

Nope. 1080p on a benq 24inch 60hz. No drops at all ever. In terms of the game being garbage - everyone entitled to their opinion.

This is new to me though - if I play on a 720p monitor how would that affect the framereate exactly? You can't choose what to render the game at on a console to optimize performance......right?

http://youtu.be/c30B0rx2ql4

DF tests has shown there are definitely some noticeable frame drops in the campaign, and even with my limited time with the PS4 version, I've seen frame drops in multiplayer as well. Clearly more time was needed to optimize the game on both new consoles. For the most part though, I think they are fine, even MW2 had its moments of drops.

The worst by far though is the Wii U version. No one should be playing CoD on that for a good experience, the devs don't bother optimizing it. Even Black Ops 2 is really bad.

vin-buc

I agree with the weapons - they were on the right track with the ripper and maverick. They need to release weapons packs and a lot more camps. This is what I love about BF. More weapons are necessary.

vin-buc

Is that a launch performance video (can't watch ATM)? There have been stability patches since launch. Also - I was strictly speaking of MP frame rates.

vin-buc

That youtube video is from November 2013 when the game launched and there were definitely frame rate issues (especially on Stonehaven). I'd be interesting to test that today because I don't feel it . netcode is another story.

angelic

Banned
Ghosts has its flaws but its still good fun. I have ALOT of time in on Ghosts and I don't get the hate.

For the people saying frame rate sucks on ps4 - I think you're mistaken. There is absolutely zero slowdown on any map period.

I still play all the time as do my friends and its fun. I will continue to play it after COD:AW releases.

For all those saying "Treyarch deliver us" - its just too much. I couldn't stand WaW, BLop 1 (worst in series period) or BLop 2 (not as bad as one). They have NOTHING on the MW series. The movement, the hit detection was straight trash.

CoD MP is all I play (occasionally play the blockbuster exclusive when I need a break) for the past 7 years. I find it be extremely fun and competitive. After a long day of work and all my kids go to sleep I wreck kids. I feel like Senator Francis Underwood.

I'm 40, have a high paying job and I'm ranked 83 in the world in TDM w/ a near 2.0 K/D. Don't mess with my CoD.

=P

What? ps4 cod is constant slowdown on any mid to large map, its janky as hell. Played for a year.

kuYuri

Is that a launch performance video (can't watch ATM)? There have been stability patches since launch. Also - I was strictly speaking of MP frame rates.

They are videos from around launch, I have had at least one or two other people here on GAF say they had seen those issues for PS4 recently. I can't check it out for an extensive period of time myself as I don't own either an X1 or PS4, so I have to take people's word for it.

I can say that the 360 version, which I do have, is completely smooth and in line with previous CoDs. The PC version was a mess during my time with it during a free weekend, but after upgrading to an i7 CPU and GTX 680 GPU, it ran much better for me at highest settings with some stutters.

Netcode was iffy the first few weeks, but now, it's pretty much perfect for me with the occasional laggy game here and there.

vin-buc

I'll let the cat out the bag - I got 30 days in and I don't get that poor frame rate on any map large or small (I usually skip seige) like I used to get at launch. I play TDM 6v6 NOT ground war. 99% of my time on is smooth - netcode sucks enough to be annoying. I can get melted by 1-2 bullets on occasion. I run speed/movement perks on 8 classes and when using the vector SMG - I fly thru the map like I was wearing a juggie. No stutters that I can feel that affect gameplay.

If anyone cares to play look me up. Same psn name as here.

MrBiggss

Banned
Does anybody know why 2 weeks before release, Activision has yet to confirmed the resolution for Xbone and PS4? Or have they? The reason i asked is because out of all the major holiday releases it seems Call of Duty is the one we still don't know. We already got confirmation for Dragon Age, Far Cry, Sunset OV, Halo MC, Assasins Creed Unity, little Big Planet. I think GTAV is the other we haven't heard of yet.

Does anybody know why 2 weeks before release, Activision has yet to confirmed the resolution for Xbone and PS4? Or have they? The reason i asked is because out of all the major holiday releases it seems Call of Duty is the one we still don't know. We already got confirmation for Dragon Age, Far Cry, Sunset OV, Halo MC, Assasins Creed Unity, little Big Planet. I think GTAV is the other we haven't heard of yet.

900p on XB1. I don't think we know about the PS4 version, but I would assume it's 1080p.

Black Ops 2 has 2 symmetrical maps. Most of them are the right size and not just garbage disposed randomly like Ghosts.

Ehhhh a lot of BO2's maps are more or less mirrored in some way - maybe not perfect symmetry but close:

Aftermath
Cargo
Express
Hijacked
Meltdown
Overflow
Plaza

And almost all of BO2's maps are 3-lane designs.

That said, I still like them more than most COD games.

Im kinda disappointed a few things aren't being brought over from Ghosts.
1. vaulting doesn't seem to be back
2. Orange kill hitmarker isn't in

Not a big deal but those were nice additions imo.

dugdug

Banned
Can't explain it, but, after months of having no interest in this game, I'm suddenly really pumped for it.

I think, with every CoD release, I keep hoping for it to reignite the spark I had with the first two Modern Warfare games. I just could not stop playing those games.

BokehKing

Banned

=P
MW series has not been good since COD4
Treyarch brings innovation to every new entry while also cleaning up the mess of every previous IW game.

Edit: didn't realize he was satiring

=P

I really hope is satire I really do
If not I don't even.... Huh?

Nizz

Does anyone,anyone know if Mercenary playlists are in for Advanced Warfare? Despite me swearing off of COD I'm interested in picking this one up. But I would love to know if Merc playlists are going to be part of the rotation, Ghosts didn't offer this and it was no fun playing stuff like TDM against clans and getting wrecked...

I've never been godlike in any of the CODs but I at least managed above a 1.00 (lol) or higher. Highest I believe was 1.20 or something in MW2. In Ghosts I never got past rank 8-9 and just giving up. I didn't have any fun at all with Ghosts. Plus I was the first one from people I know in life who had a PS4, although that has changed this year.

Nodnol

I didn't stay with Ghosts for as long as I had previous titles; in fact each year my playtime drops off a little bit more.

I think I'm about ready to dive in again.

Nothing scratches the itch like Call of Duty.

Louis010

Banned

=P

This sounds like torture.

On topic though, might take the leap and get this one, first one since black ops, I loved titanfall and its giving off the same vibes to me.

Interested to see how this turns out, but I'll be holding off for the reviews. Ghosts was buggy as all hell, and while I sank a fair amount of time into it, it was nothing compared to some of the previous games (I'm looking at MW2 and BLOPS2 specifically).

MW3 was boring, BLOPS1 suffered from map design issues and was a little buggy as well.

Map traversal will be key. One thing that annoyed me as the series progressed was how much the devs cut off your ability to find short cuts across the map - meaning you could no longer jump or mantle over even small boulders and boxes, or cheese your way on to rooftops.

I haven't played or bought a Call of Duty game since Black Ops on the PS3. Loved all the CoDs before that (CoD 4 and MW2 for their multiplayer, damn that was fun and those were some fucking good times). It's time to get back into it, this looks great. Looks a lot like Titanfall though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Titanfall fell short on the amount of content (unlocks and stuff), whereas this one probably won't.

MormaPope

Banned
Advanced Warfare so far looks unbalanced as fuck. I like playing CoD games when killing and getting killed feels consistent. In Advanced Warfare it seems like you can die because of a dozen things happening at once. Usually in good CoD games you have to combat good players and aerial killstreaks, everything else is easily avoided or destroyed.

forms

I must say, I completely lost what this series was about after 4 was released. Since then, and I know I am oversimplifying, it has felt like level packs. This said as someone who doesn't give a toss about single player.

Natels

Ehhhh a lot of BO2's maps are more or less mirrored in some way - maybe not perfect symmetry but close:

Aftermath
Cargo
Express
Hijacked
Meltdown
Overflow
Plaza

And almost all of BO2's maps are 3-lane designs.

That said, I still like them more than most COD games.

Only Express, Plaza and Meltdown (forgot about this one) are really symmetric. But I see your point and agree with some symmetry in the others. Anyway this layout helps by not existing a good and a bad side.

I love 3 lane design of the maps, helps the flow of the game, the spawns, and especially S&D is so much better in maps like this

Advanced Warfare so far looks unbalanced as fuck. I like playing CoD games when killing and getting killed feels consistent. In Advanced Warfare it seems like you can die because of a dozen things happening at once. Usually in good CoD games you have to combat good players and aerial killstreaks, everything else is easily avoided or destroyed.

I've read a couple things that say that they're combating quick scoping in multiplayer, so it seems to me they are working towards balance. The fast pace, quick kill tiems and crazy gadgets seem like a step backwards in regards to balance, though...however I'll remain hopeful since they've had 3 years to work on this one.

Top Bottom