• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

KAL2006

Banned
This would be ideal. Sony has been pushing Crash quite a bit. He's in some of the montages including 4ThePlayers and Playstation Ethos, Crash sound effects were used in the PS4 reveal presentation. Also Crash award poster can be seen in some studio interviews at Sony dev interviews.

I think it should be Co developed between
Sanzaru and Cerny's Japan Team

Both teams combined would make it a bigger budget game.

Into

So i just went to Activisions site and lo and behold, Crash is not to be found. Was he there before? In what fashion? His pictures or ?

I would not be surprised, they havent done jack shit with him, and Spyro, well Skylanders has become their thing. They do not need Crash.

The only value Crash has is that of nostalgia, as he sorta was the first and perhaps only mascot of the PlayStation brand. For Sony he is worth something, for Activision he is not. Especially since they cannot make a good game with him

But who would be making it if it did go back to Sony?

Didn't Bluepoint Games mentioned in one of their job offers that their working on bringing back a Playstation classic?

Also, Sanzaru games could make it too. They've done a good job with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

taoofjord

Crash Bandicoot is one of the few big name games I never played as a kid. Can anyone explain why you guys are excited over it coming back? Especially since that might mean it'd be Naughty Dog doing that over, perhaps, a new IP?

And have the old games aged well? Maybe I should try one out...

Meier

Nice catch by the person who made the suggestion it was probably forthcoming due to the signage in that video.

HooYaH

Does it really matter if it goes back to Sony? ND has pretty much moved on from the series and the only developers Sony will probably hand it to is Sanzaru.

Top Bottom