• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

Zalman

Crash Bandicoot is one of the few big name games I never played as a kid. Can anyone explain why you guys are excited over it coming back? Especially since that might mean it'd be Naughty Dog doing that over, perhaps, a new IP?

And have the old games aged well? Maybe I should try one out...
They're just great platformers. And yes, they have aged quite well - at least the second and third game. Haven't played the first one in a while.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Lolwat???!!! No fucking way. Just no way in hell the universe is this good and benevolent ...

What would it even look like? ... the Crash jungles on PS4?

Do it sony. I'll buy one copy for me and one for my daughter.

OH FUCK!

wyL2F8Z.gif

It's really happening. Crash is coming home.

I cant believe it is really happening. This is such great news! I hope Sony announces who is working on it soon. I wonder if we will get HD remakes of the old games now.

Alienous

Does it really matter if it goes back to Sony? ND has pretty much moved on from the series and the only developers Sony will probably hand it to is Sanzaru.

It doesn't matter.

I just think it would be cool if Naughty Dog could feel more free about talking about, and leveraging, their most iconic IP.

VanWinkle

Does it really matter if it goes back to Sony? ND has pretty much moved on from the series and the only developers Sony will probably hand it to is Sanzaru.

Umm...exactly. Sanzaru did a great job with Sly and I would LOVE to see them take on a more platform-centric game like Crash.

Sanzaru maybe

Sony Bend

Didn't Bluepoint Games mentioned in one of their job offers that their working on bringing back a Playstation classic?

Also, Sanzaru games could make it too. They've done a good job with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

I was thinking Sanzaru, Bend, or Blue Point as well. All seem possible.

I would like to see Sony going back to those action platformers of the PS1/PS2 era. They had a lot of bases covered for the PS3, but this was one area that was lacking.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale must have really hit it home for Sony how much Crash is affiliated with the Playstation brand. That was the catalyst.

Top Bottom